Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

She's got boobies? That's terrible.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Casimir Radon posted:

She's got boobies? That's terrible.

Poor Ben can only draw that part with one hand.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ben garrison poo poo is so surreal, its a where's waldo of this comic is hilarious but not for the reasons he thinks.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"it's terrible! it's like...like a free bar, and there's skulls and pictures of karl marx everywhere!"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Anyone who isn't white and/or down with his politics gets drawn like something from Stormfront. It's not a stretch to see why it was so easy to believe those photoshops of his work were his.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I always lol at the badass cat peeking out behind Brown's elbow

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I actually hate Jon McNaughton poo poo more. Garrison's stuff drunkenly stumbles over the line of white supremacy and gets stuck in a bush, but McNaughton's poo poo is just soooooo tacky. I would trust someone with a bunch of clown paintings in their house before I'd trust someone with one McNaughton.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mods changed my name posted:

ok, and how much will they make when the doors are locked?

Probably more when they get new jobs, which isn't exactly hard to do here. Fast food around here usually starts about $12/hr.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ever since the denizens of these gay dead forums rescued Dan Lacey from himself I have to believe in hope.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Feds found that Manafort lied

quote:

A federal judge has found that Paul Manafort intentionally lied to investigators and a federal grand jury in the Russia probe.

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson says in an order that there's sufficient evidence that Manafort lied in breach of his plea agreement.

The decision hurts Manafort's chance of receiving a reduced sentence next month.

Manafort was accused of lying about several matters including his discussions with a longtime associate the FBI says has ties to Russian intelligence. Mueller's prosecutors have said the discussions between Manafort and Konstantin Kilimnik about a Ukrainian peace plan go to the "heart" of the Mueller probe.

Manafort was also accused of lying about sharing polling data with Kilimnik during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Manafort remains jailed awaiting sentencing.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1095834114387779584?s=20

Manafucked.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Manafort probably hoping he can die in prison from substandard medical care as an old man instead of falling down an open elevator shaft.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Seriously, this transformation:

...posts in GBS for a while...

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

wut

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Edgar posted:

Speaking of Mormons.. As a Jack Mormon and utah resident, a law maker proposed that we allow 4.8% beer in grocery stores and gas stations instead of the 3.2%.
Of course the Church, which roughly 9 out of 10 law makers are members of, opposed the bill.

Church opposes sale of heavy beer

The Zion Curtain was set to be repealed in...2015? I think it was right before I left. Anyway, the Church said "We like the law as is" and by golly it died THAT WEEK in committee. I remember that in the early 2010s every member of the DABC board except one was a teetotaller in good standing with the Church.

I kinda laughed a little at "No ICE"

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 14, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/13/us/bill-cosby-prison-statement/index.html

Bill Cosby is a robot, feels no remorse.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

shame on an IGA posted:

Yeah, the progression of "draws a right wing Christian webcomic" to "draws pictures of a mouse with big tits" to "paints portraits of people with pancakes on their heads" was quite a thing to behold.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1095820104938471429?s=19

He's a Republican Lieutenant Colonel in the Air National Guard.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

facialimpediment posted:

Can't wait for the House to pass a resolution honoring his service

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

F

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Hopefully he gets dysentery.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Bored As gently caress posted:

Hopefully he gets dysentery.
I'll go the other direction. I hope he eats nothing but MRE's.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i want to live in the world where it's totally easy to move to another job the next day with zero lapses in pay checks when your boss decides to kill his business to own the libs

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

This makes me more angry than I've been about anything in a while. How has NO ONE in congress mentioned this. How is this even allowed? Doing that kind of poo poo is scummy as hell when you're trying to get a phone or something on release day, doing it to influence policy should be illegal. God drat it. It's what they're doing, and that nobody has even called it out until now. gently caress.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
How did you guys not know about this practice?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FrozenVent posted:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It's been known but the hellworld mask hadn't slipped yet so nobody gave a poo poo.

https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/10/06/446359539/supreme-court-to-lawyers-hold-your-own-place-in-line

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's literally apps for that.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I know when I was homeless people loved that poo poo. it was good easy money for doing what you would be doing anyway.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Could someone who knows a thing or two briefly summarize the LaRouche movement? All I know is that it's some kind of weird right wing cult that's held on for 50 years somehow

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Hexyflexy posted:

They should be if you don’t get your monies worth, which is like 90% of the time. gently caress it, make it so you can sue the uni for not doing a good enough job. They’d think twice about charging so much.

I always thought it should be either:

1) Free, and we just pay for it via taxes.

Or

B) Free, and college gets 10% of your paycheck over whatever twice the poverty line is for where you live for 10 years after you graduate. This would mean they're encouraged to train you for jobs that actually exist, keep costs down, and can't take more than you can afford.

One way or another we need to figure out what has costs to inflate so much and put some downward pressure on that poo poo.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

RFC2324 posted:

I know when I was homeless people loved that poo poo. it was good easy money for doing what you would be doing anyway.

Job creators! :grin:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Casimir Radon posted:

Could someone who knows a thing or two briefly summarize the LaRouche movement? All I know is that it's some kind of weird right wing cult that's held on for 50 years somehow

I think of LaRouche as an internet conspiracy theorist, with followers, before the internet. It's kind of impossible to shortly sum up.

quote:

Defining what Mr. LaRouche stood for was no easy task. He began his political career on the far left and ended it on the far right. He said he admired Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Reagan and loathed Hitler, the composer Richard Wagner and other anti-Semites, though he himself made anti-Semitic statements.

He was fascinated with physics and mathematics, particularly geometry, but called concerns about climate change “a scientific fraud.”

He condemned modern music as a tool of invidious conspiracies — he saw rock as a particularly British one — and found universal organizing principles in the music of Bach, Beethoven and Mozart.
---
Mr. LaRouche denigrated a panoply of ethnic groups and organized religions. He railed against the “Eastern Establishment” and environmentalists, who he said were trying to wipe out the human race. Queen Elizabeth II of England was plotting to have him killed, he said. Jews had surreptitiously founded the Ku Klux Klan, he said. He described Native Americans as “lower beasts.”

Even so, Mr. LaRouche was able to develop alliances with farmers, the Nation of Islam, teamsters, abortion opponents and Klan adherents. Acolytes kept Mr. LaRouche’s political machine going by peddling his tracts and magazines in airports, and by persuading relatives and friends to donate large sums to help him fight his designated enemies.

He operated through a dizzying array of front groups, among them the National Democratic Policy Committee, through which he received millions of dollars in federal matching money in his recurring presidential campaigns. His forces also sponsored candidates at the state and local levels, including for school board seats.

His movement attracted national attention, especially in 1986, when two LaRouche followers, Mark Fairchild and Janice Hart, unexpectedly won the Democratic nomination for lieutenant governor and secretary of state, respectively, in Illinois.

Critics of Mr. LaRouche said he had used that committee to deceive people abroad as well. In 1982, he managed to arrange a meeting with President José López Portillo of Mexico, evidently because Mexican officials thought Mr. LaRouche represented the Democratic Party.

Whatever he was, he received thousands of votes in his campaigns for president. In 1980, he outpolled Gov. Jerry Brown of California by a thousand votes in the Democratic presidential primary in Connecticut. In 1986, the candidates fielded by his National Democratic Policy Committee received 20 to 40 percent of the vote in local elections in California, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

FrozenVent posted:

Yeah. It's common at every level of government. In my town, landlords hired folks to pack the room at every rent control hearing last year, shutting actual renters out.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

El Mero Mero posted:

Yeah. It's common at every level of government. In my town, landlords hired folks to pack the room at every rent control hearing last year, shutting actual renters out.

yep that's the straw right there

I'm gonna swing by the hardware store tomorrow afternoon to shop for guillotine parts

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

El Mero Mero posted:

Jesus loving christ. We really don't have a prayer, do we.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Milo and POTUS posted:

Valar Morghulis.

Mortality still holds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

But we can. You know we can.