Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm sitting on 425 Mythril. Saving to blow it all on KH. :retrogames:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

ONE WEEK! plus a day or somethin

then of course realms on parade starts 2 weeks after that and everyones gonna be crying over their lost mythrils

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Rinoa glint from the daily. Game is just throwing Rinoa stuff at me lately, but you'll never supplant Terra as Magus Prime!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

DeadButDelicious posted:

Rinoa glint from the daily. Game is just throwing Rinoa stuff at me lately, but you'll never supplant Terra as Magus Prime!

She did for me!

vs.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Rinoa has 3 USBs now? Jeez.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

2 braves and her old USB. Lotta people have 3 now in JP, I think Squall is up to 4, dunno if someone has more

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Trying to make my first real fire team to start on 4 star ice magicite. I'm asking because I'm running low on major orbs and motes. Also because I don't know what I'm doing.

Is thancred imperil bsb, ignis USB, and firion b.usb enough DPS? I also have deltia USB/bsb, amarant USB, and papalymo fire bsb.

No chains but I got strong healers and buffers.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ignis USB and anything else will be more than enough. If you want to min/max I'd take Amarant and Papalymo so that all your dps can hit Isgebind when he's flying (Fires Within is ranged in case you didn't know).

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Ignis USB and anything else will be more than enough. If you want to min/max I'd take Amarant and Papalymo so that all your dps can hit Isgebind when he's flying (Fires Within is ranged in case you didn't know).

In my experience Papalymo was really fragile if you're not running some solid defensive magicite passives/he's not dived or watered - Isgebind was the second 4* I tackled and I felt like I had a lot of trouble keeping him up compared to Terra/dived Krile/other characters. If you can and can get his MAG up he'll do great though. You could use Thancred with Smoldering whatsit, I think he has Ninja 5?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Smoldering Fire only does 2 hits, so it's going to be garbage for 4* magicite. Thancred doesn't have any other ranged abilities, and the entry on the BSB only does five hits. Compare that to Papalymo, who has a w-cast legend dive, a BSB with an 8-hit entry and enfire, and a BSB command with 6-hits (which should be easy to cap on 4* magicite). Also I'm assuming that survivability isn't an issue, since poe meater said they have strong healers.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 13, 2019

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Isgebind is a pain in the dick for me even though I have some pretty good fire mage options (Vivi USB, Vincent USB, Ace with USB / BSB) just because of his AoE spam and paralyze. My chain and best fire stuff is physical, but then you have to deal with his flying bullshit. Weirdly though, my fastest time involved bringing Edge to spam Fires Within so he and Ace could keep setting off their phys blinks. Every time I try to do a pure DPS route it takes me way longer and I can't quite figure out why.

Also Tiamat is still ridiculously hard even with the power creep since he's come out. Is it better to wear anti fire or anti wind stuff on him? Being the only magicite you really need to cover two elemental defenses is on is rough.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
He definitely hits hard as hell lol. Got to 50%, but ran out of hones on my first try. Should I use the lower enemy ice attack -2 or buff my ice defense +1? Or something else?

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
get that ~~~apology mythril~~~

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So I get that the KH banners will have sweet new gear, but doesn’t the lack of realm synergy make the characters less useful?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

triplexpac posted:

So I get that the KH banners will have sweet new gear, but doesn’t the lack of realm synergy make the characters less useful?

To some extent yes, but they also tend to get the big new power creep before anyone else (at least in global). And in this case, it looks like the power creep is significant enough that you don't need to worry about realm synergy (even for torments!).

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

triplexpac posted:

Awakenings can be strong enough that you can use them in D??? Torment fights off-realm. Here's Bartz, who Sora could end up like as a multi-element spellblade user, in the XV fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5APXsKdqlQ

The jump in power for global should be huge because these relics should be good enough that JP players will want them too

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

triplexpac posted:

There's no synergy in magicite battles so that's not an issue, and there's never going to be a KH torment so that's not an issue either. The only place it would matter is weekly events, and those are easy enough to not matter either. Besides, synergy is only +10 character levels, which is nice, but not exactly a game breaker.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
When will the KH banners be datamined?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

iPodschun posted:

Awakenings can be strong enough that you can use them in D??? Torment fights off-realm. Here's Bartz, who Sora could end up like as a multi-element spellblade user, in the XV fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5APXsKdqlQ

The jump in power for global should be huge because these relics should be good enough that JP players will want them too

Worth noting this only works on some torments, typically ones that don't piss around with horrible statuses and so on. And you need other pieces. But the list of stuff it works on expands as more AASBs come out.

I've seen 5 offrealm sub-30 done with Bartz AASB/USB1/USB3, Zidane AASB/USB2, Tyro USB2/3, Elarra USB1/2 and Faris CSB/USB3.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 14, 2019

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Smoldering Fire only does 2 hits, so it's going to be garbage for 4* magicite. Thancred doesn't have any other ranged abilities, and the entry on the BSB only does five hits. Compare that to Papalymo, who has a w-cast legend dive, a BSB with an 8-hit entry and enfire, and a BSB command with 6-hits (which should be easy to cap on 4* magicite). Also I'm assuming that survivability isn't an issue, since poe meater said they have strong healers.

Yeah that's fair re: Thancred, serves me right for believing in him not being trash here.

I felt the issue with Papalymo was more than he has low HP max (about 5500 at 99) if he's not got dive/water bonuses so without good resists/wards stacked he needed to be healed after any AoE of substance or risk dying on the next hit, which can be an issue even with strong healing tools. In particular, the sub-40% flight phases, where Isgebind's shorter cast time means you tend to get like three AoEs in rapid succession, can be real bad for characters with low HP maxes. Not a problem if you have Regenga or Last Stand though. No argument that he's great damage for the fight, and now that I'm corrected on Thancred's usefulness he's the best choice. If poe meater has the Protect Ring (IV) that's a good equip for him here.

edit:

private message posted:

When will the KH banners be datamined?

I'm hearing probably not till a day or two before they drop, I don't think JP gets a lot of leadin on their stuff and we're probably on their schedule for that event.

Ayndin fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 14, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've never not brought a character to a fight just because they're not tanky enough. If survivability is an issue, there are a lot of ways to deal with it, and usually that's just managing your heals better.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
If a character is dying too quickly compared to everyone else, give them an appropriate major resist accessory (or multi resist if applicable) and chuck some motes and crystal water at them

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I beat Quetz four times last night, my first 5 star magicite. Aside from not having invested in any of the relevant 6 star skills, I had basically the ideal team, and the fight is still 45-50 seconds and only has like a 75% win rate.

By ideal I mean:
Aerith (full dive, DC LMR, ultra)
Tyro (4* dive, Glint and all three non-damage ultras, LMR)
C0nque (full dive, ultra)
Galuf (4* dive, chain, literally nothing else)
Bartz (full dive, overflow finisher ultra, bunch of other stuff not used)

Tyro didn't even entrust, he was just grunting like he was on DragonballZ and throwing off ultras as fast as he could, with a glint to pop galuf out of the initial paralyze.

That fight is loving bonkers.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

A WoL-stravaganza with an Awakening, 6* Glint, LMR4 AND the Realm chain for him, and Sarah getting a strong new USB, Glint 2, and LMR2. Only a single banner with new relics, but there are a couple of Lucky banners.

Banner 1 posted:

Warrior of Light's Durandal [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, En-Holy, Holy Awakening Mode & Break Damage Cap Level 1 to user, Holy Damage +30% to party
Holy Awakening Mode: Unlimited Holy Hones, Holy Ability Boost & Dualcast Holy

Meia's Svetovid [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Water Overflow magic attacks

Sarah's Apollo's Harp [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, Regenga & Reunion Hymn to party, Instant Cast, High Quick Cast to user
Reunion Hymn: Holy/Dark Damage +10% if Warrior of Light/Garland is in party, Holy & Dark Damage +20% if both are in party
Meia's Mellow Mermaid [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Water/NE magic attacks, En-Water & Ressac to user
Ressac: After using Water abilities, Casting Speed x2.0/2.5/3.0 & chases with 5 single-target Water/NE magic attacks
Warrior of Light's Apocalypse [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy physical attacks, 75% Holy Radiant Shield & Instant Cast 1 to party
Garland's Avenger [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, ATK & DEF +30% and Chaos Impact to user
Chaos Impact: After using Heavy abilities, chases with 5 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, multiplier is dependent on Heavy Charge level

Warrior of Light's Ultima Blade [CSB, +10 ATK] - Activates I Chain (150) & 50% I Field, ATK & MAG +30% and Haste to party

Warrior of Light's Fledgling Warrior [Glint+, +10 ATK] - Last Stand to party, Instant Cast & Zero SB Cost, Instant Cast 1 to user

Sarah's Stardust Rod [Glint, +10 MND] - Magic Blink 1 & Haste to party, Instant Cast
Meia's High Tide Swell [Glint, +10 MAG] - 6 single-target Water/NE magic attacks, Instant Cast, En-Water & En-Water Stack to user

Warrior of Light's Light Axe [LMR, +10 ATK] - Quick Cast 3 at the start of battle
Sarah's Golden Hairpin [LMR, +10 MND] - When using Bard abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Sarah's Princess Veil [LMR, +10 MND] - When using Bard abilities, 25% chance to cast h25 heal to party
Garland's Demon Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Warrior of Light's Save the Queen [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Holy Overflow physical attacks
Garland's Chaosbringer [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Dark Overflow physical attacks
Master's Kaiser Knuckles [UOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Earth/Fire/Lightning Overflow physical attacks

Wol's Sargatanas [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, ATK/MAG/MND -30%, High Quick Cast & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Heavy Abilities
Level 0: Single-target Earth/Holy physical attack
Level 1: 3 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, DEF -40%
Level 2: 6 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, DEF -40%
Level 3: 10 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, ATK/MAG/DEF -70%

Echo's Fairy Echo [USB, +10 MAG] - MAG & DEF +30%, Protect, Haste and Quick Cast 2 to party
Sarah's Staff of Light [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Last Stand to party, Instant Cast, Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use White Magic or Bard abilities
Level 0: Single-target h25 heal, Instant Cast
Level 1: h25 heal to party, Instant Cast
Level 2: h55 heal to party, Instant Cast
Level 3: h55 heal & Instant Cast 1 to party, Instant Cast

Matoya's Gaia Gear [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning magic attacks, MAG & RES +30% and Crystal Power to user
Crystal Power: Quick Cast 1 after using Witch abilities; After exploiting weakness, chases with 4 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning/NE magic attacks
Master's Power Vest [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target physical attacks, ATK & RES +30%, Critical Damage +50% & Empty Fist to user
Empty Fist: After dealing a critical hit, chases with 4 single-target physical attacks

Warrior of Light's Ultima Weapon [Glint, +10 ATK] - En-Holy, En-Holy Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast
Sarah's Rune Staff [Glint, +10 MND] - Shell, Haste & 30% Stoneskin to party, Instant Cast
Garland's Helm [Glint, +10 ATK] - Dark Damage +20% & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast
Master's Faerie Claws [Glint, +10 ATK] - Critical Chance +100% for 2 turns & Weakness Damage +30% to user, Instant Cast

Echo's Nirvana [LMR, +10 MAG] - Haste & Instant Cast 1 at the start of battle
Warrior of Light's Flame Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Hogama fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 14, 2019

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

If a character is dying too quickly compared to everyone else, give them an appropriate major resist accessory (or multi resist if applicable) and chuck some motes and crystal water at them

That's absolutely my response to it now. I was viewing it through my lens of Papalymo on Isgebind way back when I'd just started on 4* magicites, when waters weren't a thing yet, I still had a pretty tame magicite deck, and 5* motes were less 'just use them if you need to', so there were fewer options and that's probably not so much the case to someone in the same position now. Also, I was new to the fight, so I hadn't really gotten the flow of it down yet which alludes to what Fister was saying about healing better, so in hindsight my warning was mostly lovely advice from a bad-tinted lens. Just Potato, is what I'm trying to say.

Ended up convincing myself to do the Dream USB Select and got Matoya's USB from the draw. Weird stuff but it's always nice to get something for FF1.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Geosgaeno down :toot:

I had to bring Kain, because without a chain, Quetzalcoatl's normal hits were doing less than 10k, so they wouldn't break the enrage, and you only get one turn between enrages. Even though his personal damage sucks, he contributed a ton for party damage, which is pretty incredible considering my only dedicated dps was Ashe with BSB/AOSB. If I had a magic chain this would be a joke.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VBU9BPvg14
A video to hype the KH event.
Details still aren't final, but all 4 KH characters have Awakenings seen in the video.

Sora- Master Hearts (KH)
Riku- Dark Cannon (KH)
Roxas- Magic Hour (KH)
Axel- Explosion (KH)

Roxas is also equipped with 5* (holy) Knight abilities and Axel is equipped with 5* (fire) Black Magic abilities.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I was excited about 2 awakenings, 4 is ridiculous.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
If they all end up on the same banner :vince:

Signs seem to be pointing to 2 banners though. Still that's just as good as 4A's banner 3 with the downside of not really helping with any torments.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Is KH replacing an event Japan got or are we getting two events at the same time?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

Is KH replacing an event Japan got or are we getting two events at the same time?

We just get the next event (XIII) next week, afaik.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I hope we get to fight xemnas and his big dumb space dragon
inject that yoko shimomura right into my veins

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Augus posted:

I hope we get to fight xemnas and his big dumb space dragon
inject that yoko shimomura right into my veins

nah, I bet we'd fight zebra xemnas instead

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If I blow all my Mythril on the KH event how much time do I have to restock before the 4th Anniversary?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Aniversary banner 1 should drop 03/25/19.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Hrrrrrrrm, do I go all in on the KH banner when it comes or wait for the anniversary...

Who all get awakenings in the anniversary?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Top of my head... Tidus, Kain, Bartz, Terra, Zidane. And maybe count Sephiroth on the disidia event which might come before or during the aniv.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Aniversary banner 1 should drop 03/25/19.

And I think people have projected there's about 150 mythril (plus extras like from the KH minigame) between now and then, plus probably 30-40 from the anniversary itself, though keep in mind there'll be RoP and other standard anniversary stuff to eat away at that.

xanthan posted:

Hrrrrrrrm, do I go all in on the KH banner when it comes or wait for the anniversary...

If you're going to focus on any banner in the anniversary, best to do 3 - Bartz's AASB is one of the best of them because of huge coverage, and I believe Terra's is pretty good also.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

xanthan posted:

Tidus, Kain, Terra, Bartz, and Zidane. Terra and Bartz are on the same banner.

I feel like if the KH event is split into two banners, I might hold out for Terra and Bartz for long term usefulness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

With dark Cloud to boot. I can honestly see them split that one because almost everything on it is new - compared to Kain’s banner which was mostly repeats.