Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tetris is gaming's ambrosia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Second game in I won the chicken dinner or whatever you would call the Tetris equivalent

Game Owns

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

Why would someone want to play Tetris in 2019

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

gently caress you

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jay Rust posted:

i love tetris even though i am bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1pzrME5kuE

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shindragon posted:

boy you just really like posting really dumb stuff don't you.

Hell I’m going to die on this hill, I’d rather play an hour of fallout 76 than an hour of Tetris. I got everything I needed out of Tetris two decades ago

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

I'm bummed that it takes place in anime combat high school, the most common and also worst anime stock setting.

???

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tetris, is the perfect video game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

tetris won't be perfect until they set it in an anime high school

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/DisneylandToday/status/1095850116005670912

The pin has spoken. There is only one canon version of Aladdin the Video Game.

...Uh which version is this?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

tetris won't be perfect until they set it in an anime high school
have you played puyo puyo tetris

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Oh my God they're actually making the Link's Awakening remake I've been begging for for years, and it looks gorgeous too. Guess I'm finally buying a Switch this year.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

сега

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that doesnt look anything like will smith

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Nintenga Supersis, home of Supersonic Hedgio Brohog

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

have you played puyo puyo tetris

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wonder if Rune Factory 4 special edition will make it easier to complete the game

Rune Factory 4's main plot is this weird thing where it's like 3 plots and you complete the 1st plot and then play for a bit and then the 2nd plot starts and then it finishes and then the 3rd one starts and you work through that, but the problem that would come up is that the trigger to even start the 3rd plot is random. There is a way to game it that involves just resetting a whole bunch to see if characters show up on the map in the right place for you to begin the 3rd plot but the fact that they tied progression in the game to such an arbitrarily random thing is dumb and I hope it is fixed.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Oh my God they're actually making the Link's Awakening remake I've been begging for for years, and it looks gorgeous too. Guess I'm finally buying a Switch this year.

several people in the switch thread thought it looked like cartoony garbage. i don't feel like reading hundreds of posts to call them out right now, but yeah visually it looks extremely cute and good

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

I wonder if Rune Factory 4 special edition will make it easier to complete the game

Rune Factory 4's main plot is this weird thing where it's like 3 plots and you complete the 1st plot and then play for a bit and then the 2nd plot starts and then it finishes and then the 3rd one starts and you work through that, but the problem that would come up is that the trigger to even start the 3rd plot is random. There is a way to game it that involves just resetting a whole bunch to see if characters show up on the map in the right place for you to begin the 3rd plot but the fact that they tied progression in the game to such an arbitrarily random thing is dumb and I hope it is fixed.

Wow, I’ve owned that game for like 6 months and it can’t keep my interest long enough to finish the first plot, and there’s three?

oh no...

(To be fair, the thing that’s breaking my interest is my 2 hour maximum battery life because my 2ds is ancient, and the roughly 15 seconds I have between the charge indicator turning red and the system shutting off. Can’t save in time! I even replaced the battery but that did nothing. Maybe it’s shorting out somewhere. I wish I could afford solder.)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

BattleCattle posted:

Wow, I’ve owned that game for like 6 months and it can’t keep my interest long enough to finish the first plot, and there’s three?

oh no...

(To be fair, the thing that’s breaking my interest is my 2 hour maximum battery life because my 2ds is ancient, and the roughly 15 seconds I have between the charge indicator turning red and the system shutting off. Can’t save in time! I even replaced the battery but that did nothing. Maybe it’s shorting out somewhere. I wish I could afford solder.)

I don't think the stories are overly long or anything, it's just that for someone who doesn't know, they'll hit the end credit scroll and not realize they're only 1/3rd of the way in, and they may not have a reason to suspect that a 3rd chapter even exists after going through 2 credit scrolls already and the trigger for the 3rd chapter being random.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't think the stories are overly long or anything, it's just that for someone who doesn't know, they'll hit the end credit scroll and not realize they're only 1/3rd of the way in, and they may not have a reason to suspect that a 3rd chapter even exists after going through 2 credit scrolls already and the trigger for the 3rd chapter being random.

Oh, it’s Drakengarding!

I’m okay with it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Tetris? More like Tetrass, heh

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Tetris 99 is seriously incredibly good. It speeds up as the number of players left decreases and has you dealing garbage back and forth which feels like playing both single player and vs tetris at once. It's not strictly fair because you can get ganged up on but the game gives you tools to deal with that which is extremely fun. I want someone to tear apart the mechanics cause there's some seriously weird stuff going on that I don't entirely understand but it doesn't matter cause it's tetris just go with the flow.

I didn't expect to play tetris all night tonight but that's what I'm gonna do hell yea

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Tomorrow is feb 14th, which means it’s dating sim night

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Yesterday I was playing Portia and lamenting that Rune Factory was dead but now Rune Factory is alive and I am happy.

I want to play as a secret wrestle sheep again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Is that lil' game the original creator of Fire Emblam made that's being translated into English for sale going to have bad things in it?
well tearring saga had a lot of really bad stuff in it but berwick saga seems like it was okay, so who knows

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Endorph posted:

well tearring saga had a lot of really bad stuff in it but berwick saga seems like it was okay, so who knows

Hey, how come you only show up here once in a blue moon? I like your posts.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Apparently they dropped a demo for Daemon X Machina today. Anyone tried it?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Tetris GOTY two years in a row?!?!?!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

chumbler posted:

Apparently they dropped a demo for Daemon X Machina today. Anyone tried it?

I just finished it, it's way more like Armored Core than I was expecting, though the parts customization seems way more streamlined (you can also salvage parts from mechs you destroy, and if it's a better one than you have now it swaps it right there mid-mission).

Thought I botched a mission as my mech was exploding but then I saw the prompt and remembered that you can escape and then my teammates finished it for me since I couldn't find another mech.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*bursts throw the door at nintendo HQ*
loving balloon fight battle royale fuckers, give it to me!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Yo fellow Gamers,

Thoughts on Pathfinder Kingmaker?

I'm mainly concerned about writing, since Avellone is very not good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

my wife and I are going to have a candlelit spaghetti and meatballs dinner and then stay up all night playing cat themed dating simulators

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Looper posted:

several people in the switch thread thought it looked like cartoony garbage. i don't feel like reading hundreds of posts to call them out right now, but yeah visually it looks extremely cute and good

It's extremely good and it reminds me of old-school mechanical toys in a way that I'm super down with. It's a weird game so an unconventional art style is a requirement IMO

Also I'm watching some Tetris 99 footage right now and :psyduck:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Cant wait for the tetris 99 esports league

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samuringa posted:

Hey, how come you only show up here once in a blue moon? I like your posts.
my posts are more powerful if im only a supporting character

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am looking forward to the metagame strategies that people will develop in terms of targeting opponents / avoiding being targeted

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nasgate posted:

Yo fellow Gamers,

Thoughts on Pathfinder Kingmaker?

I'm mainly concerned about writing, since Avellone is very not good.

mechanically it's supposed to be pretty flawed

story wise it's actually a digitizing of the classic pathfinder prefab adventure series by the same name

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Jay Rust posted:

Just lol if you didn't save scum this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Made it to 2 in Tetris, get blown up by a person with a japanese name, this was expected.

bushisms.txt posted:

Just lol if you didn't save scum this

my scum is available 24/7, i don't need to save it