Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Nuns with Guns posted:

Haha the forums went down for a right as it was processing, so I guess I'll bug someone if it doesn't show up tomorrow.

He was banned, yesterday, he apparently already bought it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I don't want Zak stricken from 5E. I want that to be a stain D&D and WotC have to bear and work off and overcome. A few years from now, when #MeToo is even further along than it is, I want them ashamed his name is in their book. gently caress erasing it: point to it. WotC put known rapists on the credits page of the RPG flagship.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Kurieg posted:

He was banned, yesterday, he apparently already bought it off.

I bought it like two hours ago, so it should have gone through.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Kwyndig posted:

We have an OSR thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3858338

Xotl posted:

:siren:No OSR Politics:siren:

Xotl posted:

No, I don't think it would behoove us, because there's other places that could be and are used to talk about OSR drama, and it's naive to think that we would be able to talk about it without things spiralling further down the well. If politics are important enough to you that you have to vet your elfgames for ideological propriety, I can respect that even if I don't understand it, but it's on you to do the checking and you can and should do it on your own.

It's irrelevant to gaming discussion. Take it to RPG.net or G+ or any one of a number of blogs, please, just as the last thread asked everyone to do and people for the most part did just fine.

drrockso20 posted:

This is a really really massive overreaction in my opinion, as I think we can all agree that the "No OSR Politics" request isn't meant to ignore the problems surrounding certain figures in the community, it's just to avoid having the thread get clogged up by something that has been discussed a ton in the past and doesn't really need to be talked about again unless something new comes up

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Zak S just released his statement.
https://officialzsannouncements.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-statement.html

He made a new blog just for it. Ridiculous.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

CitizenKeen posted:

I don't want Zak stricken from 5E. I want that to be a stain D&D and WotC have to bear and work off and overcome. A few years from now, when #MeToo is even further along than it is, I want them ashamed his name is in their book. gently caress erasing it: point to it. WotC put known rapists on the credits page of the RPG flagship.

Yup. Exactly.

I want people to know that this is who WotC thought should be on their flagship product. gently caress pretending that never happened. Same as Paradox doesn't get to pretend that NuWW didn't gently caress the couch.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Loomer posted:

quote:

It’s strange to have to defend myself against the charge of not loving Mandy.

Literally the first line of the thing.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Loomer posted:

That makes my skin crawl.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Loomer posted:

I made it a fraction of the way into the second paragraph before I started seeing spots and vibrating with rage

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Lemme just respond to allegations of systematic abuse by saying the exact same poo poo every abuser says about how much they love their partner and would never hurt them and it's all lies and they're the bad one really,

Edit

quote:

Even though she obviously wants me to suffer and cause me pain, I still hope things work out for her.

I know you can see this Zak, and I hope a plane falls out of the sky and lands on you, and only you, and nobody else, and the passengers are mysteriously unharmed

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 14, 2019

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Also allow me to state that a person will verify everything I've said without attaching any means of communicating with that person.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I made it a fraction of the way into the second paragraph before I started seeing spots and vibrating with rage

Holy poo poo, straight-up gaslighting in the open. 'Well, here's this third party who says things happened my way...'

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
"...but also it isn't a screenshot and no I'm not going to point you to where you could actually verify with them."

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
I looked over the whole thing. Didn't realize that more than just Mandy and Vivka had came out against him. From reading his response towards Vivka's post, he's clearly twisting and trying to turn the blame onto Mandy for a lot of what happened.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Oh neat, he does the thing where you assume that “I like sexual act X” means “I consent to doing it with you right now.”

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Arthil posted:

I looked over the whole thing. Didn't realize that more than just Mandy and Vivka had came out against him. From reading his response towards Vivka's post, he's clearly twisting and trying to turn the blame onto Mandy for a lot of what happened.

A Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Shout out "nobody understood our relationship" which is definitely not a thing used to trap vulnerable people

Also our own fascist overlord is reading and summarizing it for anyone who doesn't want to read it themselves

https://twitter.com/Ettin64/status/1095921946137526272?s=19

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
It's a solid example of an attempt at DARVO. Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender. 'she punched me once, anyway-'

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Arthil posted:

Two other women accused him, Mandy posted their stories at the end of her post

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Cassa posted:

It's a solid example of an attempt at DARVO. Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender. 'she punched me once, anyway-'

I hope she punched him a lot more than that.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Liquid Communism posted:

A Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

Amazing how often this is relevant.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Holy poo poo, how does he think vomiting a bunch of text onto a blog and claiming it was written by someone who had their message deleted can fly in this day and age? If there was even a crumb of truth to it there would be a screencap, but there isn't. I cannot wait until Michelle/Connie comes out and just buries him for that one.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hm, I got called out for using fake statements to defend myself, what should I do?

Ah, yes, write a long lovely post centered around a statement from someone else that “totally exonerates” me

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Well, I've dug this hole. And all I have is this shovel. How can I get out?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Arthil posted:

Holy poo poo, how does he think vomiting a bunch of text onto a blog and claiming it was written by someone who had their message deleted can fly in this day and age? If there was even a crumb of truth to it there would be a screencap, but there isn't. I cannot wait until Michelle/Connie comes out and just buries him for that one.
He's been able to sweet-talk his way out of pretty much every bit of trouble for the last ten years - after all, WotC and ParaWW both cleared him after conducting their full investigations - so why should he think this time would be any different?

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Arthil posted:

Weirdly enough, I believe it might be a real statement even though it appears hella sus. There are, of course, a few questions about it's validity even if it did in fact exist. For instance, what's her ongoing relationship with Zak? Is she still reliant on him fiscally? Little things like that.

EDIT:
Ettin's response to the hearsay bit is exactly perfect, especially since a huge chunk of Zak's statement here is, shock, literally hearsay.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I couldn't get past the whole "I took her to the hospital that means I love her and am owed a relationship." thing without feeling violently ill.

I'm going to bed.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Here's an incredibly hot take that is also entirely plausible

The tattoo with her conditions? Performative

It's written to be legible if you're facing him. If he's trying to read it on his own arm it's upside down or written the wrong way

Fake edit also who was it Holden was carrying water for? Was it Matt?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I like how the friend's statement he's leaning on so hard in the beginning itself includes "you told me most of this happened after I left" but she's sure Mandy's still just making up vindictive bullshit. Also somehow the age of the accounts of the other women (two? three? I'm losing track) is somehow relevant to how true or false they are.

These are both things that are pretty typical of his bullshit that make him transparently ridiculous if you notice them. He marches up and down hallways shouting "FACTS! THE NEEDLE DIDN'T MOVE! GIVE ME COLD HARD EVIDENCE!" and then his own self-proclaimed unassailable castle is built on another, crumbling castle that itself is sinking into a swamp.

It's certainly better written than a lot of his stuff, but he's been on that trajectory for a few years ever since he apparently realized posts filled with questionable punctuation and random line breaks in the middle of what could generously be called paragraphs make it harder to be taken seriously.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Here's an incredibly hot take that is also entirely plausible

The tattoo with her conditions? Performative

It's written to be legible if you're facing him. If he's trying to read it on his own arm it's upside down or written the wrong way

It's moderately plausible that its orientation would be for the benefit of an EMT or doctor doing intake themselves, but it's still weird performative bullshit because it's nicer for everyone involved in situations like that if you just keep a note in your wallet or phone that you can hand to them.

quote:

John Mørke, his best friend and co-developer for the end of Exalted 2 and start of Exalted 3.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 14, 2019

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Morke, his co-developer. Who crawled briefly out of the woodwork when all this started to go "Zak bad" as if it'd be redeeming.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Morke. He'd left ship by the time Matt's skeeviness was revealed and therefore it was just another sign that OPP was actually the devil.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

"How could I ever be accused of things like manipulating a woman and then using her voice to attack others. Now, here's what this woman said that makes you terrible."

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Darwinism posted:

"How could I ever be accused of things like manipulating a woman and then using her voice to attack others. Now, here's what this woman said that makes you terrible."

"i would never write a statement and say it was by a woman. here is a statement by a woman that supports me."

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

This is a pretty concise demonstration of how mountainous Zak's bad faith is:

https://twitter.com/Ettin64/status/1095933321421279232

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

That Old Tree posted:

This is a pretty concise demonstration of how mountainous Zak's bad faith is:

https://twitter.com/Ettin64/status/1095933321421279232

Too bad that's not the only Courtney thing she loved

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
https://twitter.com/ZakSmithSabbath/status/1095940637965176833

Taking it in a weird direction now.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I was curious so I looked on his main blog, yeah, there's no link to the announcements blog there. It's just on his profile which links to both blogs, so it'd be pretty easy to miss I think.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So this clown tattooed "LOW BLOOD PRESSURE" on the inside of his forearm? But (from his perspective - such as it is) upside down?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

"They aren't inconsistent but one of them has to be wrong."

Oh okay.

https://twitter.com/MaskedAlex/status/1095118973660741633

Really loving this flowchart, it's cool how even after following the staggeringly rigorous hoopline you can, at best, 'form a judgement' while all other roads are, 'you're wrong and you should talk to m... I mean 'the accused' until they can explain themselves.'

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Nessus posted:

So this clown tattooed "LOW BLOOD PRESSURE" on the inside of his forearm? But (from his perspective - such as it is) upside down?

Yes, because that's how much he cares~

Nevermind that an infinitely more practical option is to, I don't know, get your partner a medicalert bracelet with a QR code or even just some handy little laminated cards listing it for your wallets, his-and-hers style.

Notice also that it's on his arm, which creates reliance.

EDIT:
QR code, not bracelet.

Loomer fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Feb 14, 2019