Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Flowers For Algeria posted:

what i’m saying is, you know, don’t import contraband or drugs into the uk, but if you really must do it, well let’s just say you’ll have a golden opportunity in, oh, 45 days or so

but is now the ideal time to bring in ordinance from ireland to NI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1095990975263068160

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
god this story line needs to hurry the gently caress up

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

EDIT: This guy is Australian
https://twitter.com/carineboy/status/1095995139560955905

Avirosb has issued a correction as of 11:55 on Feb 14, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Dutch will have poo poo food, but it will not consist of their own citizens.

So....yknow, take your pick

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

in what loving gammon fever dream is dutch food not wildly superior to british gruel

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I'm not saying Dutch food doesn't have its lovely outliers or isn't mostly a horrid assimilation of other culture's foods but I like it.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

you can eat a lot of pussy in Amsterdam

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

the dutch showing amazing restraint by not making their brexit mascot just a guy in blackface.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Dutch food is terrible, but then I discovered the Kapsalon and my life has changed forever

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't even dislike Dutch food, but even at its worst I'll still be able to safely visit The Netherlands and obtain some in the near future. Can't say the same about some places! Really gonna miss out on some serious jam mold.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mods, please join my band, the Moldy Jams.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
The food situation in the Netherlands improved drastically over the last decade in terms of what's available and what people actually eat because of the impact of "foodie" culture on the mainstream, just like everywhere else. The best food in the Netherlands is probably from non-Dutch cuisines (Suriname and Indonesian food is fantastic). That being said, the pickled herring and smoked eel at Dutch fish kiosks rules, as does eating a ridiculously oversized pancake covered in savory toppings for dinner.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Dutch food is a mystery

twoday
May 4, 2005

According to the website, Brexit will reduce the projected GDP of the Netherlands in 2030 by 1.3% (meaning it will still grow but will be 1.3% less than expected)

https://twitter.com/Michael_Heaver/status/1095987207721181185?s=19

twoday has issued a correction as of 14:05 on Feb 14, 2019

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

twoday posted:

The food situation in the Netherlands improved drastically over the last decade in terms of what's available and what people actually eat because of the impact of "foodie" culture on the mainstream, just like everywhere else. The best food in the Netherlands is probably from non-Dutch cuisines (Suriname and Indonesian food is fantastic). That being said, the pickled herring and smoked eel at Dutch fish kiosks rules, as does eating a ridiculously oversized pancake covered in savory toppings for dinner.

i had a dutch friend cook for me once. it was a giant ball of pork mixed with carrots and onions and baked. it was also really bad, but he admits he can't cook

twoday
May 4, 2005

What is happening with the voting today? They are voting about whether no-deal is acceptable or not?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

twoday posted:

What is happening with the voting today? They are voting about whether no-deal is acceptable or not?

just talkin', no votin'

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Voting later. There's the amendment that the ERG fuckwits are getting pissy about because they think it rules out no deal, an SNP amendment to extend A50 and an amendment to force the gov to release the latest no deal impact reports.

it dont matter has issued a correction as of 14:26 on Feb 14, 2019

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

alphabettitouretti posted:

Voting later. There's the amendment that the ERG fuckwits are getting pissy about because they think it rules out no deal, an SNP amendment to extend A50 and an amendment to force the gov to release the latest no deal impact reports.

are those usually on delayed release or what? that seems...bad

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

i say swears online posted:

are those usually on delayed release or what? that seems...bad

No they just don't want anyone to see them. Too much good news you see.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Glad the dutch have decided that it's the 17th century again and are now just loving with England again, when does France dispatch forces to protect Scottish independence?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Agean90 posted:

Glad the dutch have decided that it's the 17th century again and are now just loving with England again, when does France dispatch forces to protect Scottish independence?

30th March I imagine

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/steve_hawkes/status/1096060064463548418

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Agean90 posted:

The French and Scots got hosed over at Dunkirk, right? Maybe it will be payback time, since "Dunkirk spirit" is apparently returning.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

They're starting a conservative continental party?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's no such thing as Dutch food or cuisine, everything worthwhile is from different cultures... Except Calvé pindakaas.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

oliwan posted:

There's no such thing as Dutch food or cuisine, everything worthwhile is from different cultures... Except Calvé pindakaas.

So it's like English food or cuisine then.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

oliwan posted:

Yes, we have always famously grown our own peanuts (I know what you mean, I just couldn't resist)

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
I like the croquettes straight from the vending machine a lot

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Rozzbot posted:

Never try a frikandel. They will make you want to nuke Holland...try a frikandel.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
My understanding is that the Dutch cusine consists entirely of French fries and liquorice.

So still a step up from the English.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

lemonadesweetheart posted:

So it's like English food or cuisine then.

exactly, but somehow even worse

Rozzbot posted:

ah yes, this represents dutch cuisine pretty well lol

here's a relevant 2 minute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXac0Cg1OtE

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

oliwan posted:

exactly, but somehow even worse

Steady on now

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The Netherlands will always be remembered fondly for its invention of De Kapsalon.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

stamp-pot looks alright imo

is the catch that they never use garlic?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
it's amazing that a country wedged between Germany and Belgium can only produce garbage beer

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Archer666 posted:

The Netherlands will always be remembered fondly for its invention of De Kapsalon.

is that half a restaurant side salad, and half kebab meat covered in melted cheese

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Grape posted:

is that half a restaurant side salad, and half kebab meat covered in melted cheese

Yes, with french fries at the bottom. For the full Kapsalon experience, you need to drown it in garlic sauce. And be eating at 3 in the morning while drunk off your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Archer666 posted:

Yes, with french fries at the bottom. For the full Kapsalon experience, you need to drown it in garlic sauce. And be eating at 3 in the morning while drunk off your rear end.

So what you're saying is that Dutch food is pretty good.