Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Torrannor posted:

Nothing happened this episode, and I enjoyed it a lot. :iiam:

Other than Kurotsuchi straight up telling Naruto she was going to poach Team 7 if he didn't unfuck their punishment, nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Another filler episode. I had a stupid grin on my face the whole time I was watching it. Naruto and Himawari together are too adorable!

Also, lol at Tenten of course being a failure as a businesswoman/saleswoman.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Does Japan have a "take your kid to work" day? I was under the impression that this was purely a Western invention.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well if nothing else it's nice to see the writers finally remember that Kiba and Tenten exist (in fact, I think this might be the first time we've seen Tenten's shop in the anime).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I love the idea of Hinata just talking poo poo about Kiba and Shino being single all the time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a miracle that there was ever a second generation of the aburame clan

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Does Japan have a "take your kid to work" day? I was under the impression that this was purely a Western invention.
Not quite? Like, I think specifically there has to be a homework-related angle ("what do they do at a company that does x or y?" sorta thing), but again, my experience with Japanese schools outside of Geidai and Waseda is fairly limited. v:shobon:v

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's a miracle that there was ever a second generation of the aburame clan

Perhaps Shino is unusually shy for a member of his clan?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Perhaps Shino is unusually shy for a member of his clan?

i'm not sure what shyness has to do with being infested with insects from head to toe and beneath the skin

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

shino is so pathetic i love it

the bar for parent child day has already been set so high...

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Akamaru has gotten so old! :ohdear:

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

And the 35th annual Konoha Village Idiot Award goes to, huh, Naruto again, for being unable to tell the difference between the One-Tailed Tanuki and the monster sealed inside him that he literally talks to on a daily basis. Congratulations on your 35th straight win, Hokage-sama.

Runner-up is Shino, for playing with his new toy in public and further destroying any semblance of authority and respect his students might have accidentally had for him.

(Also Naruto you don't deserve a daughter that cute and sweet. Although I'd wager that the real reason Kurama is giving Naruto the silent treatment is because he's spending the day with a vicious monster that once punched Naruto so hard she made Kurama feel it, and it's best not to draw her attention less she decides to makes you squeak like a dog toy again.)

Umbreon posted:

Akamaru has gotten so old! :ohdear:

The tragedy of good dogges is that we always outlive them.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

rndmnmbr posted:

And the 35th annual Konoha Village Idiot Award goes to, huh, Naruto again, for being unable to tell the difference between the One-Tailed Tanuki and the monster sealed inside him that he literally talks to on a daily basis. Congratulations on your 35th straight win, Hokage-sama.

Kurama got appropriately pissed off at him for that at least. I think that was meant to be portrayed as an overreaction for laughs, but it was definitely justified.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I think the actual point was Naruto grabbed what he thought was the right box in the rush, but oops, it was the cheap Chinese Suna knockoff, and too late, sold out, no exchanges sucker. Having been caught in the occasional Black Friday rush, I can see it, sure. Fad toys loving ruin Christmas.

But Hima is happy, she got to do something nice for another kid, spend the day with her dad, and on second thought Shukaku is cute too so no worries. You did good, Naruto, you loving lovable idiot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, it just felt like a gag about parents having a loose grasp on what the hot toy is + Naruto spent the whole episode so sleep deprived that he couldn't summon usable clones, so not surprising

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The clones gag got me every single time.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Although, being utterly exhausted because you spent all night personally approving applications for a bunch food carts and merch booths... bureaucracies exist for a reason and Naruto needs one. No wonder he never sees his family if he's literally the entire loving government.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

rndmnmbr posted:

Although, being utterly exhausted because you spent all night personally approving applications for a bunch food carts and merch booths... bureaucracies exist for a reason and Naruto needs one. No wonder he never sees his family if he's literally the entire loving government.

While that is most likely exactly what's happening, there's also the chance that those were some rather unscrupulous merchants looking to bypass the normal bureaucracy by directly appealing to Naruto, knowing that he sucks at delegating and saying no to desperate pleas and abusing said fact.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
just buy some smart clone children from grandpa orochimaru and let them do it, nothing can go wrong

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

RottenK posted:

just buy some smart clone children from grandpa orochimaru and let them do it, nothing can go wrong

Isn't there a whole gaggle of Shins Uncle Kabuto is taking care of? They have to make a reappearance again eventually right?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This episode is on the same level as Goku and Piccolo driving cars. I love it so much.

The Sand Village making a knockoff of a popular toy is the best thing.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

This episode is on the same level as Goku and Piccolo driving cars. I love it so much.

The Sand Village making a knockoff of a popular toy is the best thing.

There's just something about people with superhuman abilities living an everyday life with real people problems that I can't get enough of.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I was really hoping to see some reaction from Kurama at a toy being made of him. His reaction to Naruto was fun, but him being superficially disgusted but actually delighted about being turned in to a toy would have been great. Regardless, I'm delighted this is going to be more than one episode and looking forward to the antics of other family groups.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I think I caught Sasuke and Sarada in the crowd at one point - I wonder if they get their own episode? The english dub's close to hitting that first arc about deadbeat dadsuke too so that should be fun.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Next episode seems to be Ino-Shika-Cho's part of the day, so it would make sense to give an episode to Sarada, Sasuke and Sakura. Hopefully, Mitsuki and Orochimaru get one, too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Judging by the novel,

Ino, Shika, Cho get one.

Hinata, Hanabi and Hiashi get one

Sasuke, Sakura, Sarada get one.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Torrannor posted:

Next episode seems to be Ino-Shika-Cho's part of the day, so it would make sense to give an episode to Sarada, Sasuke and Sakura. Hopefully, Mitsuki and Orochimaru get one, too.

Old Ino-Shika-Cho, or New Ino-Shika-Cho?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Old Ino-Shika-Cho, or New Ino-Shika-Cho?

This arc is centered around the kids and their parents so both I would assume.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Larryb posted:

This arc is centered around the kids and their parents so both I would assume.

Jup, both. Even Temari is there! It would be cool to see her comment a bit more how Konoha is different from Suna.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Going by the novel synopsis Hinata and Hanabi get into it and Hinata proves she's still the bad bitch of the Gentle Fist and gentlemen I am filled with glee.

Yeah, I'll admit it, Hinata is my favorite character. I didn't care for her until she stepped up to Pain and actually held her own for a few moments and then I got her. She is sweet and kind and polite and drags a giant pair of brass ones behind her and will loving end you if you give her enough reason.

e. I have to add, whichever one of you told me to watch the Pain arc including all the Looney Tunes stuff, you were so loving right. Peak Naruto right there, never has been topped yet.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Feb 15, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe someday we'll get a chocho episode that isn't about eating or being fat, just maybe...

they didn't even have the decency to flash back to why her parents got together ffs

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, that one's always been weird to me as even in the anime I don't think Choji and Karui ever once interacted with each other during Shippuden. At least Ino/Sai has some precedent (he unintentionally flirted with her once when he was learning how to act like a normal human being).

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This was okay, I guess? Highlight of the episode was Shino with Kura-maa again.

As for next episode's preview, is Kakashi really peddling Make-Out Tactics to Sasuke, so that Sasuke can learn how to better get along with Sarada?!?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Torrannor posted:

This was okay, I guess? Highlight of the episode was Shino with Kura-maa again.

As for next episode's preview, is Kakashi really peddling Make-Out Tactics to Sasuke, so that Sasuke can learn how to better get along with Sarada?!?

I haven't seen the episode yet, but based on this description alone, I really hope that's going to be the case, because the results can only be completely loving amazing

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Why has nobody yet renamed Konohagakure into city hidden in the leaves?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if it's reclassified as a city then they'd need to hire administrative staff instead of having all work done by a single blonde man

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
A single blonde man who can replicate himself at will. C'mon, Bort's dad, work smarter, not harder.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Do you want his clones to unionize? Cause that's how you get his clones to unionize.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
.....I'm like, 90% sure that was a Naruto anime filler storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It was, that's why I posted it. It's one of the few episodes of the anime I bothered to watch, and was very fun.