Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

That Old Tree posted:

I'm glad to see Desborough sticking to his principles, i.e., "innocent until proven guilty, unless it's a woman, or even literally all women."

To steal a line from someone else, it makes sense that the guy who once wrote an article entitled "In Defense of Rape" would in fact go to bat for an actual rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Foolster41 posted:

I was curious so I looked on his main blog, yeah, there's no link to the announcements blog there. It's just on his profile which links to both blogs, so it'd be pretty easy to miss I think.

I noticed the sidebar with the link to other OSR blogs with the brief summary of their latest topic of conservation has disappered for fairly obvious reasons.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

This is literally the thread for talking about it, because this is the thread for talking about the RPG industry.

Well keep it here at least and not on the chat thread or the 5e thread and presumably the OSR thread.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

who died and made you thread police

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Plutonis posted:

Well keep it here at least and not on the chat thread or the 5e thread and presumably the OSR thread.

Oh no are people talking about a relevant thing in relevant threads

the loving horror

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

HerraS posted:

who died and made you thread police

policing isn't traditionally hereditary, although 'you keep what you kill' would explain a lot about the career trajectory of Ice-T

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Plutonis posted:

gently caress off

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Honestly Plutonis is right, I would rather it all go through one thread to make following the discussion easier. I did already ask the 5E thread to take it here :getin:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Holy gently caress. That response is probably more damning that anything anyone else could have written.

Considder the screencap showing that Mandy feels a need to appease him before asking if he'll allow her to keep her own things. It's as much a photograph of victimization as anything else in that "defense."

It's as if he's unable to percieve context. He assumes that nobody else can put 2 and 2 together because he can't - or because he's muddied the value of 2 for so long that he no longer understands its value himself.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

moths posted:

Holy gently caress. That response is probably more damning that anything anyone else could have written.

Considder the screencap showing that Mandy feels a need to appease him before asking if he'll allow her to keep her own things. It's as much a photograph of victimization as anything else in that "defense."

It's as if he's unable to percieve context. He assumes that nobody else can put 2 and 2 together because he can't - or because he's muddied the value of 2 for so long that he no longer understands its value himself.

One of the big differences now to when people such as Mikan and Olivia Hill were going through this before is that he's not got an army of trolls to attack and retweet and harass this time. I like to think he's staring at the screen going 'why isn't this working, it's always worked before'.

Ironically, gamergaters are apparently divided in that he criticised desborough before, which means he's bad, but women have accused him of abuse and he's beind deplatformed, which means he's good, and they don't know how to handle it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Mendrian posted:

"They aren't inconsistent but one of them has to be wrong."

Oh okay.

https://twitter.com/MaskedAlex/status/1095118973660741633

Really loving this flowchart, it's cool how even after following the staggeringly rigorous hoopline you can, at best, 'form a judgement' while all other roads are, 'you're wrong and you should talk to m... I mean 'the accused' until they can explain themselves.'

That flowchart is basically "please go emotionally abuse my accuser repeatedly."

moths
Aug 25, 2004

PST posted:

One of the big differences now to when people such as Mikan and Olivia Hill were going through this before is that he's not got an army of trolls to attack and retweet and harass this time.

I think you're right. Looking back, his defenses have never made any cohesive sense.

But they didn't need to, and were never meant to. He was always making a public show of waving away accusations, while pulling the levers behind the stage. And now, as someone else in the thread put it, the levers aren't responding and he's lost.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

moths posted:

Like any good narcissist Zak is a champ at re-editing things so he's never done anything wrong ever. At least mentally. His attempts elsewhere at pretty weak tea.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Loomer posted:

Yikes, I was unaware of that. He's, uh, getting my money even less now.

were you already purchasing their products before? I'm not asking as an indictment or anything, but more like Desborough didn't seem like the type to design anything good to begin with

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The only even vaguely interesting product I remember being Desborough adjacent was some sort of sixties spy comedy game, but I never bought it, because Desborough.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Yikes. That statement is terrifying.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
I'm pretty sure this is a zak sock puppet

https://twitter.com/Bethhmm

Created 2 days ago, minimal tweets, suddenly jumps in and within a couple of exchanges with Zak is saying:

https://twitter.com/Bethhmm/status/1096037812170706945

Zak's doing that 'discussing with myself' thing again.

Yep, here's where he got the profile picture from:

https://twitter.com/chaydacassa

PST fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 14, 2019

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

PST posted:

gently caress
THIS PERSON
FOREVER

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

PST posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a zak sock puppet

https://twitter.com/Bethhmm

Created 2 days ago, minimal tweets, suddenly jumps in and within a couple of exchanges with Zak is saying:

https://twitter.com/Bethhmm/status/1096037812170706945

Zak's doing that 'discussing with myself' thing again.

l
m
a
o

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Lol now "Beth's" profile picture is gone, but it was there..

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
That profile picture disappeared from the twitter account within minutes of it being posted here.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Hi Zak! It's much harder doing this without an army of supporters, isn't it?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Hi Zak! Just a reminder, SA hasn't forgotten you.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Fucker even has the zockpuppet coded to "@Bethhmm" so he can remember this is the one for leveraging against Mandy Morbid.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I don't know why you keep resorting to zockpuppets, Zak Attak. You're really bad at it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
He's using a Zockpuppet to establish "they are real people with agency" and that he totally didn't make up statements to shore up his position.

This is parody, right?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Nah, this is ethics in gaming journalism

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
In some other case my first thought would’ve been “no way it’s him, how could anyone capable of writing books be this dumb and shameless at the same time”

Buuuut I’ve seen him in real time, posting on Reddit under Shannon Appelcline’s name, catching himself referring to Zak as “I” and immediately reposting the same as Zak
And claiming afterwards that was an accident with someone else using his computer for a joke

So

I guess

The jury’s still out, right? And I should perhaps go ask Zak before drawing conclusions?..

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Sax Solo posted:

Lol now "Beth's" profile picture is gone, but it was there..

And now deleted the whole profile.

PST fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 14, 2019

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

wizzardstaff posted:

That profile picture disappeared from the twitter account within minutes of it being posted here.

That entire profile is gone now. Hello Zachary! Just a quick note to you, you mediocre hack, that you can go eat a bucket of turds.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I'm particularly fond of how he set his fake woman's location to 'somewhere I belong'.

Zak, I suggest you start walking west. When you find the sea, get in it.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Hi Zak, your hair still looks stupid as poo poo.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Nessus posted:

So where did The Human Eyeliner here get the money to make people financially dependent on him? He come from money? Selling crank to schoolchildren?

His paintings sell for at least 20K a pop. He’s not a major artist but he’s not selling his art at flea markets either — he does fine.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Folks, I don't mind talking about Zak in the Industry thread but leaving messages for Zak here has never not been boring

moths
Aug 25, 2004

They were selling at 20k. I doubt people want to prop up a shitbag that hard anymore.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

gradenko_2000 posted:

were you already purchasing their products before? I'm not asking as an indictment or anything, but more like Desborough didn't seem like the type to design anything good to begin with

No, not to my knowledge other than I think maybe '45 Retro whatever, which I remember being a pdf I bought as part of a bundle.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

moths posted:

They were selling at 20k. I doubt people want to prop up a shitbag that hard anymore.

He has actual art scene connections which may or may not be aware of the poo poo he’s done in RPGs.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
That's why I've seen people trying to work out who to contact at MOMA.

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

unseenlibrarian posted:

The only even vaguely interesting product I remember being Desborough adjacent was some sort of sixties spy comedy game, but I never bought it, because Desborough.

Aww, gently caress, I bought that like 8 years ago before I had any idea who Desborough was.

if it's any consolation, it is not, in fact, interesting, but is rather a lovely implementation of the Starblazer Adventures version of Fate (aka the already lovely, needlessly-overstuffed 500+ page game) and a whole bunch of off-license versions of a bunch of 60s-era spy characters with awful pun names (e.g. John Chain standing in for James Bond, Joanna Pare and James Ryde for Emma Peel and John Steed, etc.) It's pretty thoroughly incompetent on every level, up to and including poo poo like reprinting the entire list of skills and stunts (a total of two full pages) three times in the first 120 pages of the book, taking up about 15 pages or so.

In short, while it may be free of Desborough's usual patina of slimy edgelordiness, it's still a complete shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Someone on Twitter linked to an old G+ post by Mandy (written by Zak) and it's really loving gross.

He's been putting her up to take bullets for him for a decade.