Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

And Fantasy Life 2, very was not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I still remember the utterly devestated confusion following the announcement of Fanatsy Life 2 from every single person exposed to it.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I thought the skill building minigames in Fantasy Life were too repetitive

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I don’t understand what the 4-way directional menu at the top of Tetris 99 does? Does it actually DO anything or does it just display different data?

Also is the strategy simply “don’t top out”? Or is there a bigger strat to affect other players?

the 4 way control lets u decide who your attacks go to.

edit: I wrote up a bad guide - this one is better: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/aqgmwk/how_to_win_at_tetris_99_battle_royale_mechanics/

Polo-Rican fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 14, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I never had a chance to play mario maker but i'm a huge fan of carlsagan42's mario maker videos and troll contest. I'm really looking forward to getting in on the fun this time.

gonna make so many levels with that angry little sun

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I never played Link's Awakening the first time around and I think the art style is great!

Also lol at that Anime Cops game, the first shot of the characters and the girl's uniform is booty shorts. Not complaining, it all seems pretty standard animes so far.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
All I made in the original mm were puzzle levels, with switches and keys and platforms and stuff. If mm2 supports multiple players, the options for puzzle stuff goes up 100x (one player stands on a switch while the other does something, etc). And better yet, since every switch comes with 2 joycons, it's guaranteed that everybody can play 2-player levels...

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Waffle! posted:

I never played Link's Awakening the first time around and I think the art style is great!

Man, you're in for a treat. What a quirky little adventure.

To this day, it's still the zelda game that resonates with me most.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They made it cute so when the Shopkeeper murders you for stealing, it's funny, not terrifying

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Waffle! posted:

Also lol at that Anime Cops game, the first shot of the characters and the girl's uniform is booty shorts. Not complaining, it all seems pretty standard animes so far.

Anime games know their audience.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

One of the most interesting characters in any DnD game i've run was a guy named Greg The Robber who was inspired by link's awakening. He stole from some elves and they cursed him with that name. Now that's all anyone can call him.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Holy crap I totally missed the part at the end of the Astral Chain trailer where you can dress up like a goofy looking dog and pick up trash.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Waffle! posted:

Platinum has never been shy about their horny

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
And judging by Bayonetta and Nier, they are masters of booty.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kamiya is the horniest man on twitter

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Wendell posted:

Fantasy Life was unbelievably good, in case anyone didn’t know.

God it was so good. :(

I had high hopes for Ever Oasis but it didn't grab me

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I love the art style they went with for Link’s Awakening HD. It does a great job at translating the cute, humble look of the tiny sprites that were squeezed onto the Gameboy screen into a widescreen HD format

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At least $40, with all DLC and the Vita game included seems like a decent price. I already played through AC3 on WiiU though

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm kind of stunned at how good Astral Chain looks in the graphics department, clearly they know something other devs don't. Looks like it runs really well, too.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

At least $40, with all DLC and the Vita game included seems like a decent price. I already played through AC3 on WiiU though

Free would be too expensive

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Spellman posted:

They made it cute so when the Shopkeeper murders you for stealing, it's funny, not terrifying

THIEF's Awakening

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Andrast posted:

Free would be too expensive

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah I'd need a good $35-40 an hour to play AC3 again. With benefits. Good ones. Not worthless poo poo like gym discounts and crap.

Like full dental cover and six weeks paid off a year.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I want to be able to make packs of levels, or even better, overworlds for Mario Maker. Its the ONE THING I want, even more than slopes.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yeah I'd need a good $35-40 an hour to play AC3 again. With benefits. Good ones. Not worthless poo poo like gym discounts and crap.

Like full dental cover and six weeks paid off a year.

They'd need to excise the entirety of Connor's childhood and like five different tutorials

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

I want to be able to make packs of levels, or even better, overworlds for Mario Maker. Its the ONE THING I want, even more than slopes.

Yeah, that and better search are the only things I really want in a sequel.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spellman posted:

speak for yourself, I'm pretty sure that traumatized me as a kid

Augus posted:

I love the art style they went with for Link’s Awakening HD. It does a great job at translating the cute, humble look of the tiny sprites that were squeezed onto the Gameboy screen into a widescreen HD format
extremely :same: The squat characters and how everything just looks miniaturized evokes a very specific feeling, as if the gameboy screen was looking into a mini world :3: It's not so much a re-imagining (everything looks really faithful down to the placements of the flowers) as it is a HD version of what it felt like looking down on the gameboy. I think it's super adorable and it gave me some heavy, heavy nostalgia, like this picture alone is enough to sell me entirely on it:

obviously everyone experiences things different ways and this evokes a very specific experience of the game. From what I've read (don't read online comments, not even once) a lot of people apparently wanted it to be more realistic/dark because that's how they experienced it. The worst comment I read was someone saying the art direction was "an insult to the original game" and that it was dumb how they added Mario characters and I just....
...:negative:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

In like a year or so I want them to work with Capcom and give us a Megaman Maker expac. Just use those solid Mario Maker bones to expand.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Brother Entropy posted:

please keep your fetishes to yourself

an unfair attack, FE is all about being the tactics game that fucks

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol at these graphix being an "insult" to a loving Gameboy game

A Sometimes Food posted:

In like a year or so I want them to work with Capcom and give us a Megaman Maker expac. Just use those solid Mario Maker bones to expand.

this was Megaman Universe which sadly was scrapped a while back

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I do think it was odd they turned the goomba-esque enemies into just flat out goombas. I always thought they were supposed to be evocative of goombas but not actually be goombas.

It will be doubly weird if those Kirby-esque enemies are just Kirby now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A Sometimes Food posted:

There's a good PC fangame of this.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I adore the LA remake aesthetic for the same reason I like the Yoshi and Captain Toad looks and like the better Lego games and loved 3d Dot Game Heroes back in the day.

That "yeah there's a diorama behind your screen" aesthetic just sings to my inner child and it fits Nintendo like a glove.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 14, 2019

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I do think it was odd they turned the goomba-esque enemies into just flat out goombas. I always thought they were supposed to be evocative of goombas but not actually be goombas.

It will be doubly weird if those Kirby-esque enemies are just Kirby now.
I mean

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Those are goombas!!!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Their faces are totally different and they have like a stalk at the top!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Polo-Rican posted:

All I made in the original mm were puzzle levels, with switches and keys and platforms and stuff. If mm2 supports multiple players, the options for puzzle stuff goes up 100x (one player stands on a switch while the other does something, etc). And better yet, since every switch comes with 2 joycons, it's guaranteed that everybody can play 2-player levels...

the levels in co-op games where you turn one player into an item while the other player gets to go have fun are the worst

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
There's bow wows and piranha plants and yoshis. They're goombas

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Those are so obviously goombas lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005