Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do u love shield hero
Yeah I hate women
I think I may
I doubt it
It's poo poo from an rear end mate
View Results

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Counterpoint: It's not completely poo poo, so it can't be Isekai.

People in the games forum were arguing about Persona 4 in exactly the same way: "Anime is bad, but I like Persona 4, so it can't be anime".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Counterpoint: It's not completely poo poo, so it can't be Isekai.

Konosuba :colbert:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Namtab posted:

It is in fact entirely possible to have a fantasy series that isn't isekai

incorrect, every fantasy story transports the reader into the world of imagination and is therefore an isekai

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Konosuba is obviously not Isekai either. :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Touhou is literally an Isekai in that within the series itself it describes their world as an isekai, and it's recently got dumbass teenagers from the modern world coming over to make jokes about how it's just like one of their animes.

The next book coming out in March is a photojournal by one of thise ternagers called the "Isekai Photography Record."
drat, I need to keep up with my Touhou merch.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Elephant Parade posted:

"Fake news" is a very poor term for it. Gensokyo is where the things people no longer believe in go--so fairies, youkai, vampires, magic, and so on. The joke is that enough people disbelieve the moon landing for information on it to appear there.

While the concept of fake news isn't the be-all end-all in Touhou, ZUN did write a book literally called Alternative Facts In Eastern Utopia that's a takedown/satire on xenophobic fear-mongering through deliberately misinterpreted if not outright fabricated information.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

I'm never going to watch this but if they show the side of her head someone needs to post it here.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Is it smooth? Is their like, a vestigial ear hole? What kind of abomination is she?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Wark Say posted:

drat, I need to keep up with my Touhou merch.

I didn't know their was an official touhou story.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

Is it smooth? Is their like, a vestigial ear hole? What kind of abomination is she?

additional eyes

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

drilldo squirt posted:

Don't discriminate against the beast people.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Lurking Haro posted:

she's a character in Shield Hero which makes her an abomination by association

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

The only abomination would be if she had two sets of ears. Obviously it’s just smooth

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Please stop calling Rin an abomination, thanks!

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://my.mixtape.moe/bbxzss.webm

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

A friend showed me the giant fat chicken characte and it's super cute because I used to raise chickens

Is the anime actually ultra bad, because the chicken is cute and fat.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

A friend showed me the giant fat chicken characte and it's super cute because I used to raise chickens

Depends how much simmering misogynistic rage you can tolerate in your Japanese cartoons. Also, I'm pretty sure the fat chicken turns into a naked little girl at the end of the episode.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
if you want to look at a big fat chicken all day just turn your monitor off

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

KittyEmpress posted:

If it's what I'm thinking of it has a strong chance of turning into a little girl later.

Edit: beat

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Darth Walrus posted:

Depends how much simmering misogynistic rage you can tolerate in your Japanese cartoons. Also, I'm pretty sure the fat chicken turns into a naked little girl at the end of the episode.

Oh.

:wtc:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestonJew posted:

if you want to look at a big fat chicken all day just turn your monitor off
There's also this:

... I mean, it's not very good, but it is a big, fat chicken. :shrug:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Fat chicken character can transform between a loli and fat chicken. Fat chicken form is definitely better. Also the protagonist had a slave control mark put on her against her will but she's kinda okay with it after the fact it seems.

Somehow that's still considerably less hosed up than raccoon girls story.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

KittyEmpress posted:

But seriously, if you're looking for a cute anime to watch, there's a ton out there and you can probably ask for more specifics in the Recommendation Thread. :)

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

It's a middle of the road Isekai with boring RPG mechanics and terrible undertones.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Lurking Haro posted:

Are humans, ape beast men, will anime ever explore this?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

SpartanIvy posted:

Fat chicken character can transform between a loli and fat chicken. Fat chicken form is definitely better. Also the protagonist had a slave control mark put on her against her will but she's kinda okay with it after the fact it seems.

Somehow that's still considerably less hosed up than raccoon girls story.
Just spitballing here but maybe it's because she has an obedience slave crest on her now

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Just spitballing here but maybe it's because she has an obedience slave crest on her now

That just makes it so incredibly loving gross. Like I can already see people using the fact that she's cool with it now as proof that, "It's not a big deal" when you're likely right.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

Just watch episode 4(?) Of Zombieland Saga, the one with the zombie girl in a chicken costume.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

doomrider7 posted:

That just makes it so incredibly loving gross. Like I can already see people using the fact that she's cool with it now as proof that, "It's not a big deal" when you're likely right.

Stop concerning yourself with hypothetical people you don't even have to interact with...

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ViggyNash posted:

Just watch episode 4(?) Of Zombieland Saga, the one with the zombie girl in a chicken costume.

Episode 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TelCYDbdWDI

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 15, 2019

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Captain Cappy posted:

Stop concerning yourself with hypothetical people you don't even have to interact with...

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Wark Say posted:

There's also this:

... I mean, it's not very good, but it is a big, fat chicken. :shrug:

Allow me to up the ante:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX4Jh-44-Nk

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Don't waste your time with this video, she doesn't even turn into an underage slave girl.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I'd really like an answer so I can write my warhammer 40k/ shield hero fanfic.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

drilldo squirt posted:

I'd really like an answer so I can write my warhammer 40k/ shield hero fanfic.

Beast people are normally magical corruptions of humans in origin, so yes, the human empire would go try extinguish them, but not themselves.

Just rewrite the waves as the empire and it would work out.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
joke: isekai

woke:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Yo but for real, what the heck are cleaners for? And proofreaders and quality checkers are the same thing as well? I shant be joining this scanlation group, methinks.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
well the series they're working on is pretty good so far, though I'm biased since it's the first BL I've clicked on mangadex frontpage in ages that isn't omegaverse

https://mangadex.org/title/28884/sugar-my-baby

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Cleaners erase the Japanese text and draw back in any details/gaps that might occur as a result-it's very important, otherwise your fan translation will look like crap.

I think the desfinction between the other two is that proofreaders fix typos and grammatical errors, and a quality checker makes sure terms,names,font, and style, are consistent in the work from previous chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

theres overcleaning too although what that means is very subjective

some groups do pretty much redraw everything though depending on how messy the scans they were given were and i hate