Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I'm no psychologist but even Pat's weirdest impulses don't feel severe enough to be OCD.

A. medication
B. Not all OCD is the same

like you don't have to be Monk to have OCD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't know the context of Pat's indoors not being real thing

Pat said littering is impossible to do in buildings, because littering is only a thing you do to the earth.

Buildings are not connected to the earth.

This is the crazy Pat part.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
It's also a great way to excuse being a lazy rear end in a top hat.

edit: Just to be clear I'm talking about the whole "buildings aren't the Earth" thing. I will make no assumptions on the state of another person's mental health.

HoboTech fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 13, 2019

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tae posted:

Pat said littering is impossible to do in buildings, because littering is only a thing you do to the earth.

Buildings are not connected to the earth.

This is the crazy Pat part.

Man, I do get it. You're not littering. Technically. You're just making a mess. Is he saying that makes it okay to do then? It's kinda like saying put something on the "floor" or put something on the "ground". They're the exact same thing but you say one when you're indoors and the other when not.I think everyone can agree only assholes intentionally throw their trash on the ground/floor on purpose no matter where you are.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is it me? Am I the actual weirdo for always referring to it as the floor?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Someone found out a blanka glitch that gives him the world time stop and this must be the best day in woolies life

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

beep by grandpa posted:

Man, I do get it. You're not littering. Technically. You're just making a mess. Is he saying that makes it okay to do then? It's kinda like saying put something on the "floor" or put something on the "ground". They're the exact same thing but you say one when you're indoors and the other when not.I think everyone can agree only assholes intentionally throw their trash on the ground/floor on purpose no matter where you are.

In Pat's case no. He is saying the house should be clean and messes should be cleaned up.

While at the same time encouraging litter like a Captain Planet villain.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://youtu.be/qNgdc_5ItJs?t=868

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Did Woolie have to bring up the insect extinction news and "we're all hosed" in the latest podcast? I could've gone without another panic attack.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

last week: Titanfall 3 cancelled for Battle Royale Game
this week: Platinum is making a character action game with stands

The universe gives, the universe takes

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Someone found out a blanka glitch that gives him the world time stop and this must be the best day in woolies life

He just RT'd this and lol
https://twitter.com/morudon/status/1095642926443520001?s=19

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
The podcast is better than it's ever been

It's good to hear Wollie and Pat call for unionization in games

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

hubris.height posted:

The podcast is better than it's ever been

It's good to hear Wollie and Pat call for unionization in games

I want to fist fight the people complaining the beginning derails go too long.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

last week: Titanfall 3 cancelled for Battle Royale Game
this week: Platinum is making a character action game with stands

The universe gives, the universe takes

This week also: Apex turns out to be really fun for Woolie and probably actually made Titanfall 3 a possibility. Tetris doesn't want Woolie to forget it and also dresses up in BR. (loving loving Tetris 99)

Been really enjoying this week's podcast, too. It does feel a bit... idk how to put it, I'm not dunking on anyone, but two hours into this podcast and I feel like Matt would've said three sentences so far and not engage at all in the fun chats Woolie and Pat have, beyond some vague complaints about the earth not needing to be bleached or not having time for DMCV or not caring at all about Apex.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah I used to be upset when Matt wasnt on and now its like realizing he was holding it back

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah I used to be upset when Matt wasnt on and now its like realizing he was holding it back

Agreed. That 30min clip they uploaded this week on making GBS threads is loving amazing.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Links Awakening seems extremely like a "no just put it on the Switch dammit" game that could have been destined for the 3DS.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Links Awakening seems extremely like a "no just put it on the Switch dammit" game that could have been destined for the 3DS.

I'm glad it's coming to the much better console instead

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh yeah and its amazing how we've moved from ads before the news to ads after most 'weeks' to ads after A week to ads before the weeks even start.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
That podcast was long enough to almost be equivalent to their old LP output for a week lengthwise.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Andrast posted:

I'm glad it's coming to the much better console instead

Yeah, me too. I just thought I recall the boys (and others) complaining about the last few 3DS titles with a "no put it on the switch." So I hope this gets acknowledgement that they maybe could have put it on 3DS, but didn't. :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
The best buds got me into Hollow Knight in the first place so I figure this is a good place to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c

Yeyeye :3:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I want to fist fight the people complaining the beginning derails go too long.

i absolutely agree they've been really good and entertaining.

they run the risk of doing mid-2000 style rants if they lean into it too hard though, b ut i trust them

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Matt has put up his Super Late Top Ten Games of 2018.

How could he do such a thing?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

beep by grandpa posted:

Agreed. That 30min clip they uploaded this week on making GBS threads is loving amazing.
Is it the stuff about colostomy bags and wizard poo poo teleportation because if so that was like, some golden age giant bombcast discussion there. Chewie and Fuckface are an incredible duo, always have been.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
man if there's one thing I love about Liam it's his sincerity, like he gets hype, of course, but this is just adorable excitement, he never really fakes it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDJR54jSnQI&hd=1&t=917s

edit: lmao his reaction to the astral chains trailer, it's so good, he's just :thunk: the whole time theorycrafting what it is(xenoblade something) and then HIDEKI KAMIYA pops up onscreen and he just completely loses it, I love it

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Feb 15, 2019

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

man if there's one thing I love about Liam it's his sincerity, like he gets hype, of course, but this is just adorable excitement, he never really fakes it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDJR54jSnQI&hd=1&t=917s

edit: lmao his reaction to the astral chains trailer, it's so good, he's just :thunk: the whole time theorycrafting what it is(xenoblade something) and then HIDEKI KAMIYA pops up onscreen and he just completely loses it, I love it

I wish they live streamed back when Nier Automata was announced for the first time because seeing him respond in real time would be so cool

Like, I think one of my favorite livestream moments was when they livestreamed last year's E3 and when the DMC trailer started and they saw "Capcom" appear on screen they all visibly sat up in their chairs with raised eyebrows

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I wish they live streamed back when Nier Automata was announced for the first time because seeing him respond in real time would be so cool

Like, I think one of my favorite livestream moments was when they livestreamed last year's E3 and when the DMC trailer started and they saw "Capcom" appear on screen they all visibly sat up in their chairs with raised eyebrows

I really love reaction videos to poo poo like that, Pat reacting to MHW and RE2 is pretty good too, they all got hyped for the SotC remake. I forget if there's one for the FF7 remake followed shortly by Shenmue 3 for them, the Game Trailers video of that was a bit over the top in an amusing way.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Brightman posted:

I really love reaction videos to poo poo like that, Pat reacting to MHW and RE2 is pretty good too, they all got hyped for the SotC remake. I forget if there's one for the FF7 remake followed shortly by Shenmue 3 for them, the Game Trailers video of that was a bit over the top in an amusing way.

they streamed that and james small was there

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Liam's reaction to this Direct was pretty good, but my favorite moment was the very start when he realized he went to the wrong stream and wound up at Nintendo of Portugal.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I finally got to the end of the podcast this week (I listen while walking to work) and holy poo poo this bumper song is amazing

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They at least described that in detail so we could all imagine Liam sobbing on the floor about the perfect video game.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Liam's reaction to this Direct was pretty good, but my favorite moment was the very start when he realized he went to the wrong stream and wound up at Nintendo of Portugal.

If Liam was really brave then he would have watched the whole thing in Portuguese. :colbert:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pigbuster posted:

They at least described that in detail so we could all imagine Liam sobbing on the floor about the perfect video game.

Just splice his Ending E audio over the announcement trailer.

edit: actually I kinda wanna do that now.

Dias fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 15, 2019

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Woolie Vs Tetris 99 video is a ride.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Dias posted:

The Woolie Vs Tetris 99 video is a ride.

I loved it. Woolie's real good at Tetris

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beekeeping and You posted:

I loved it. Woolie's real good at Tetris

I was surprised! I'm not used to Zaibatsu members being actually good at videogames!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Crossposting from Game Chat:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I've only caught the first few mins; I love Woolie and Minh's anime rivalry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Grouchio posted:

Crossposting from Game Chat:

Someone really should just smash Hashino's hands any time he gets withing 20 feet of a keyboard