Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can see that, his work has been, i dunno, messier? AT least since he worked with Bendis on Uncanny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
It's the team that my 12 year old self would have put together and I'm down for it:

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1096070869544325120

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Return of Wolverine, Dead Man Logan, Hulkverines, Wolverine Infinity Watch, Uncanny X-Men, Savage Avengers... am I missing any?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metalshark posted:

Return of Wolverine, Dead Man Logan, Hulkverines, Wolverine Infinity Watch, Uncanny X-Men, Savage Avengers... am I missing any?

The Sons of Wolverine. The Good, the Bad and the Wolverine. Gunga Wolverine. A Clockwork Wolverine.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Bachalo's art is really bad overall.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Metalshark posted:

Most of those books will be over by the time Savage Avengers launches but it looks like Wolverine will also appear in the War of the Realms mini-series and also Rob Liefeld's MAJOR X mini-series.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I can see that, his work has been, i dunno, messier? AT least since he worked with Bendis on Uncanny.

I had issues with his art on Uncanny, but I really liked his Dr. Strange.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Oh I forgot about that! poo poo that was good stuff.

Maybe he just gets experimental sometimes?

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Skwirl posted:

Dr Strange really was the best place for his talents, with all the crazy tentacles and eyeballs and clouds of butterflies and poo poo in that book. Most of the time I don't care for his whole deal, but his work on that book really shone.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
There are artists that should 100% be relegated to "street level" books and others, like Bachalo, who should primarily be on "crazy supernatural/outer space" bullshit.

Remember when Steve Dillon was drawing the Hulk? Yikes.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The low res backgrounds were the only things I didn't like about him.
It's the same with Mike Del Mundo. Beautiful stuff, but he applies some sort of digital texture over his art that sometimes appears pretty low quality on my tablet. No idea how it holds up on paper.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So it feels like this first arc of Captain Marvel is a stealth A-Force relaunch.

I'm 100% OK with this.

Also both Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen were great.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That new Avengers series better not mean the main Conan books move to modern Marvel Universe.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

So it feels like this first arc of Captain Marvel is a stealth A-Force relaunch.

I'm 100% OK with this.

Also both Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen were great.

It's not A-Force until DazzlerThor and Singularity show up.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

howe_sam posted:

It's not A-Force until DazzlerThor and Singularity show up.

:bisonyes:

I guess Savage avengers was inevitable, i just kinda figure it would take longer than 6 months after they stated making conan books again for it to happen lol. Anyone know who the guy in the suit is

EvilJay
Jul 25, 2005

site posted:

:bisonyes:

I guess Savage avengers was inevitable, i just kinda figure it would take longer than 6 months after they stated making conan books again for it to happen lol. Anyone know who the guy in the suit is

I thought it was Doctor Voodoo but I might be wrong.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Teenage Fansub posted:

That new Avengers series better not mean the main Conan books move to modern Marvel Universe.

Turns out all of Conan has been taking place in a section of the Savage Land all this time!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

E the Shaggy posted:

It's the team that my 12 year old self would have put together and I'm down for it:

https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1096070869544325120

Who's the guy in the suit on the left?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Gaunab posted:

Who's the guy in the suit on the left?

Brother Voodoo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Brother Voodoo I believe.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Teenage Fansub posted:

What difference would it even make?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Are you serious? His comics are about old sword and sorcery barbarian times in his own universe.
I'm fine with them doing silly stuff with him porting over to the Avengers, just as long as his solo is kept where it is, cause that's been great and doesn't need to be turned on it's head within six months.

edit: Some War of the Realms one-shots: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/war-of-the-realms-consumes-the-universe-with-strikeforce-issues?linkId=63619104

quote:

WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE: THE DARK ELF REALM #1, written by Bryan Hill with art by Leinil Francis Yu, sees the Punisher leading a charge to shut down the Black Bifrost!

quote:

WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE: THE WAR AVENGERS #1... Writer Dennis "Hopeless" Hallum and artist Kim Jacinto tell the tale as Carol Danvers leads the fight to reclaim the Earth!

quote:

WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE: THE LAND OF GIANTS #1, writer Tom Taylor and artist Jorge Molina trap the God of Thunder in the land of ice and snow.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Feb 15, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Having not read the original release, marvels annotated was really good. Its like reading kingdom come with the compendium. But now I'm left with the itch to read the rest and I'm not sure i can hold out until the next annotated book lol

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Are you serious? His comics are about old sword and sorcery barbarian times in his own universe.
I'm fine with them doing silly stuff with him porting over to the Avengers, just as long as his solo is kept where it is, cause that's been great and doesn't need to be turned on it's head within six months.

The current storyline is 12 parts and I trust Aaron to keep it in the proper time. All we know it’s just another version of Conan created due to some fuckery in the current avengers storyline

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

site posted:

Having not read the original release, marvels annotated was really good. Its like reading kingdom come with the compendium. But now I'm left with the itch to read the rest and I'm not sure i can hold out until the next annotated book lol

Go ahead, and then read the annotated issues after. It’s a great read, even if you don’t know what issue of Tales of Suspense that Iron Man fought Titanium Man on tv.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are these Strikeforce books in any way connected to Strikeforce Morituri?

Svensken
May 29, 2010
SAVAGE AVENGERS:

Elektra: Addicted to murder
Punisher: Same
Venom: Is Venom
Conan: the Barbarian
Brother Voodoo: ???

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Svensken posted:

SAVAGE AVENGERS:

Elektra: Addicted to murder
Punisher: Same
Venom: Is Venom
Conan: the Barbarian
Brother Voodoo: ???

It's half a Thunderbolts reunion!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/philhester/status/1096453999719600133

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/1096210578471862272?s=19

Aaaand right after i hit submit post..

https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/1096458154362261509?s=19

site fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 15, 2019

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm not incredibly hyped for that book but I'm always happy to see someone use Silk and save her from character limbo and/or being killed in Spider-Verse 3 or whatever.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
She's been appearing fairly regularly in Spider-Man/Deadpool too

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Heck yeah!

Blockhouse posted:

She's been appearing fairly regularly in Spider-Man/Deadpool too

Robbie Thompson wrote her solo series so she's a favourite of his.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Crap, do i actually have to read spidey/dp then

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

site posted:

Crap, do i actually have to read spidey/dp then

Honestly, you could just jump on to the latest issue which has Silk leading an underground resistance in a post-apocalyptic Earth that has happened since Wade and Peter were away in the Negative Zone last arc, but it's not an essential comic. Silk's in a previous arc (I think when Thompson took over?), with Husk and various other characters versus The Chameleon, but it's not as good as Thompson's Silk solo and she doesn't get a lot to do.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

All the Marvel Future Fight original characters showing up in this one.
I wonder will they also work Sharon Rogers into that book too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I need to catch up to Totally Awesome Hulk at some point. Amadeus Cho is one of my favorites but I don't think I've checked out Hulk since like Red Hulk.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The Question IRL posted:

All the Marvel Future Fight original characters showing up in this one.
I wonder will they also work Sharon Rogers into that book too.

I read that as Contest of Champions and got a bit disappointed. But they'll always be the real Champions...of my heart. :unsmith:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They should let Ewing do a euro avengers one shot for WotR

Mainly so i can see guillotine again but like the rest can be there in some capacity i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
A bear :allears: