Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hey what's worse than the costlemark cube maze

your pc crashing during the costlemark cube maze

turned all my graphics settings on Low and listened to those cubes grinding while i imagined my VRAM steadily ticking up like a bomb's timer in reverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
increase your pagefile to 32gb

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

zedprime posted:

What if instead of moving to our France Lightning actually moved to Nier France so Nier is actually part of Fabula Nova Crystalis.
Nierverse has at least two Frances (Nier world and Drakengard world), possibly more, so we cannot rule this out :eng101:

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Started playing FF15 again last night. Why can’t I quit this dumb game? I think being able to let Ignis drive around listening to FF music and getting baked is up there in reasons.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Lucas Archer posted:

Started playing FF15 again last night. Why can’t I quit this dumb game? I think being able to let Ignis drive around listening to FF music and getting baked is up there in reasons.

It's like a really chill screensaver.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Nitroid/status/1095028855574880257

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Some of these are so loving good, drat.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Just re-release the games with this tech you cowards.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Just re-release the games with this tech you cowards.

you're forgetting about layers

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
At least someone has acknowledged that FF8 exists, cause SE sure as hell wont :v:

Also 20 years :corsair:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Leal posted:

At least someone has acknowledged that FF8 exists, cause SE sure as hell wont :v:

Also 20 years :corsair:

I started my first playthrough of FF8 since I was a kid this Sunday while super hungover and all I can say is that triple triad is the best

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
FF9 out on Switch today. Time to buy it yet again.

Also FF7 next month. (e: March 26)

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 14, 2019

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
give me my SNES style FF9 remake you cowards

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pureauthor posted:

God no. FF9 has like The best world and character designs in the franchise what with it's Shakespearean fairy tale aesthetic. Going to SNES sprites would just be....draining of all personality from it.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

God no. FF9 has like The best world and character designs in the franchise what with it's Shakespearean fairy tale aesthetic. Going to SNES sprites would just be....draining of all personality from it.

Obviously we need to scale recreations of the ff9 locations in minecraft.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Pureauthor posted:

FFRK is as close as I'll see to that.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

After FF7 remake sells a billion copies the only reasonable thing to do is remake FF 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9. Naturally

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

S.J. posted:

After FF7 remake sells a billion copies the only reasonable thing to do is remake FF 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9. Naturally

Except for 8 because at this point the joke's just too funny not to keep it up

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

S.J. posted:

I'd be down for an FFV and VI remake.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Coughing Hobo posted:

Except for 8 because at this point the joke's just too funny not to keep it up

"In honor of the 20th anniversary of the release of Final Fantasy 8, we are pleased to announce a new remake of Final Fantasy 9. Please look forward to it!"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If Square really wanted to be cruel to 8 they’d make a sequel.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mega64 posted:

If Square really wanted to be cruel to 8 they’d make a sequel.

~final fantasy viii-2~

tempest leonheart is a vagabond busker. he couch surfs from town to town and hopes that the goodwill of his friends from balamb garden won't run dry. he is generally directionless, but fortunately seems to have inherited his grandfather's good nature.

then one day, he meets free mumia almasy, the daughter of his father's One Who Got Away.......

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

~final fantasy viii-2~

tempest leonheart is a vagabond busker. he couch surfs from town to town and hopes that the goodwill of his friends from balamb garden won't run dry. he is generally directionless, but fortunately seems to have inherited his grandfather's good nature.

then one day, he meets free mumia almasy, the daughter of his father's One Who Got Away.......

Guessing Rinoa dumped his rear end.

I always said she was smarter than people give her credit for.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just release a game based on your failed CCG Square Enix

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Barudak posted:

Just release a game based on your failed CCG Square Enix

They're already making a digital card game.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/01/09/final-fantasy-digital-card-game-announced-for-pc-and-smartphones-in-2019/

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the guy who made the really good mod for FF7, New Threat, is making one for FF8 so I'm gonna replay it when it comes out

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I also looked it up and despite my memory it had failed apparently their TCG did quite well and is building up a tourney scene.

I just want it to be single player, though.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

There's going to be FF8 content in the Mobius cell phone game, so at least one team hasn't forgotten about it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A fully fleshed out prequel of FF8 with Laguna's party, except it's played in parallel alongside the main game, and you can switch between past and present at will and there's a whole gimmick built around that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Now if you give me an FF9 without the long slow battle intros and animations, I'm all in.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the guy who made the really good mod for FF7, New Threat, is making one for FF8 so I'm gonna replay it when it comes out

I am also eagerly awaiting this. FFVIII had a lot of good ideas but its execution was horrible. Hopefully with his awesome attention to detail and skill, he can make FFVIII as good as it should have been, at least in the gameplay department.--

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

Now if you give me an FF9 without the long slow battle intros and animations, I'm all in.

Due to a minor communication error, the FF9 remake comes out with longer battle intros and MGS cutscene-length animations

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dagger, do you think love can bloom on the map field?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
*snake eater theme plays while climbing up to Popos Heights, vine continues indefinitely until the song finishes*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The end of the first phase of the Kefka ends with him shouting, "The Eidolons of the Terrans!!!" and finger pointing at you while Terra explodes

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
A 40 minute long battle between Zidane and Kuja using gameplay that is never used anywhere else in the game, culminating in an hour and a half long explanation about how the Kingdom of Alexandria was the real villain.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

you could replace zidane, kuja, and garland with solid, liquid, and solidus and the plot and dynamics would basically not change

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Alexander is a Metal Gear

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Does she have some sort of status effect? I don't recognize the stuff floating around her head at all.

Also who knew bosses wee even vulnerable to status effects in FFIX. I definitely did not.