Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Serious post: if your jonesing for a narrative based Tetris game, Thomas Was Alone is pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tetris already had a narrative, comrade. The player is the capitalist villain suppressing the worker uprising.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

cheetah7071 posted:

Tetris 47 reveals the tragic backstory of the square block

tetris blood money was better imo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

a glitch posted:

Tetris 99 is actually the 387th Tetris.

they called the 387th tetris tetris 99

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what is everyone's favorite tetris op?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cowcaster posted:

they called the 387th tetris tetris 99

Because when you see it you turn 99 degrees and walk into the wall

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Snooze Cruise posted:

tetris

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

chumbler posted:

Death Stranding will be, though reviews will slobber all over it even if it's a pile.

You think? Death Stranding actually feels like it's had a relatively tight dev process for a Kojima game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When's Tetris Effect 99

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I love that there are two Tetris games at different ends of the continuum. One allows you to melt into the harmony of all things and the other is John Wick: Tetris Edition

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Snooze Cruise posted:

The Tetris wristwatch I had in grade school

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snooze Cruise posted:

tgm3

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A couple days back someone in a different thread posted a credit card sized tetris that fits in your wallet so you can tetris anywhere

e:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

chumbler posted:

Tetris already had a narrative, comrade. The player is the capitalist villain suppressing the worker uprising.

That’s why the player will always, inevitably, lose.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chumbler posted:

Also an adorable anime child you adopt who can fight alongside you. It is kind of funny how the outfits all have a bunch of electrical tape on them for no apparent reason. Except for Hilda whose clothes have the most powerful buttons to ever exist.

Death Stranding will be, though reviews will slobber all over it even if it's a pile.

Ds is only 3 years in development with an off the shelf engine

Help Im Alive posted:

A couple days back someone in a different thread posted a credit card sized tetris that fits in your wallet so you can tetris anywhere

e:

Whats the ruleset like on that tiny tetris? Infinite spin?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Crackdown 3 looks like third person Borderlands and that's not a good thing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1096137072824512512

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

al-azad posted:

Crackdown 3 looks like third person Borderlands and that's not a good thing.

it looks fun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wow Ubisoft rules, they’re slightly less terrible than that other terrible corporation

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

still a couple weeks to go but it looks like the game of the month is the hollow knight 2: spider girl announcement

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Not being as bad as the next person is the highest human achievement

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Yeah, a lot of people are posting about Iwata and Nintendo's board of directors cutting their pay and saying that layoffs hurt morale, but less than a year later Nintendo of Europe fired like 300 distribution people and when the new CEO came onboard a few years ago he gutted a bunch of smaller foreign divisions basically eradicating Nintendo of Korea. Corporate culture in Japan is that you're a lifer so layoffs are seen as taboo so Nintendo has no problems firing their foreign staff to save a buck.

Like I'm positive Iwata, who started off as a code monkey, really liked his crew but also we don't need to defend corporate culture by saying "look, the lesser of two evils!"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i don't think that was saying ubisoft was a great company more than it was just another burn at acti-blizzard or whatever being a lovely one. i-i think it was a joke

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
NO JOKES

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i’ve seen ubisoft credits and they have my permission to fire 800 people

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe Hollow Knight 2 will even be a game I want to play. I don't really like tight jumps through spikes gameplay.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1096163016716894208

Tetris 99 loving rules.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

So what is Tetris 99 is it Battle Royale Tetris?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

that's exactly what it is

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah it's kind of a gimmick but there's really something to the targeting systems and knowing that specific people are gunning for you invests me in punching back

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There is some actual strategy to it which makes it fascinating, like you can decide to go all out for kills early on and send garbage to anyone who's in trouble, but doing that racks up badges which boost how much garbage you send but also make you a massive target, since if someone takes you out they get your badges (and therefore extra damage). While if you hold back and play slow and safe early you might end up lacking the damage to actually deal a killing blow to someone later on because you don't have the badges.

And then it's just a super crisp playing version of Tetris on top of all that and matches last about 5-10 minutes.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

KO's is spicy mode where you attack whoever's close to dying to generate badges.

Badge is the big spicy where you attack whoever's on top to steal their badges but they'll generally target you back with their powered up attacks.

Attacker is defense mode where lines sent will go to everyone currently targeting you at reduced powers.

random is for when you don't want to generate heat.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I can’t believe that we are getting excited about two Tetris games 30 years later

Also that people are coming around on battle royale

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I can’t believe that we are getting excited about two Tetris games 30 years later
I can

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

that's exactly what it is

Okay I guess I'm downloading a BR game and it's Tetris.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Tetris is good!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

it helps when the timeless puzzle game isn't locked to a developer that can't maintain a consistent framerate on gameplay that was able to be done more competently on loving lcd toys

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

al-azad posted:

It’s just competitive Tetris with more players. It’s not really as crazy as it sounds.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RatHat posted:

It’s just competitive Tetris with more players. It’s not really as crazy as it sounds.
the badge thing makes it something really different than 99 player tetrinet or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Whats the ruleset like on that tiny tetris? Infinite spin?

I think it's like gameboy tetris so no holding pieces/no infinite spin

njsykora posted:

There is some actual strategy to it which makes it fascinating,

hmm i just play flawless tetris super fast :c00l: