Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

bird with big dick posted:

I remember the hell out of this article.

same. simpler times. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

the spyder posted:

Why, why did you post this. *Quickly sells kidney*

Sadism. Duh.
Also, because I can’t afford it.
Some of the 20Bs on RacingJunk are within the realm of possibility, though. One is even in Dallas already.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It is done.

I'm glad I didn't go bigger, this feels about perfect. Will hopefully get out in the dirt this weekend, weather permitting.

(bed cover isn't shut because the old tires/wheels are in there)

35x12.50 Cooper AT3 XLTs and BDS 4" coilover lift

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
First payment due on this thing in a few days.

Current project with dad that's been on hold for like a year now, but we're getting back to it "soon".

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Got bored of my new Toyota import. Decided to buy an older Aristo from Japan - did not consider it would be 2+ months before it'd be complied and on the road :(

Genuinely laughing about the steering wheel, holy poo poo it stands out in a sea of grey. Super clean, not too many left in this condition. Super excited to get to work on this bad boy, already picked up a three-piece spoiler to chuck on.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

And just like that, Mitsubishi.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

fingerling posted:

Got bored of my new Toyota import. Decided to buy an older Aristo from Japan - did not consider it would be 2+ months before it'd be complied and on the road :(

Genuinely laughing about the steering wheel, holy poo poo it stands out in a sea of grey. Super clean, not too many left in this condition. Super excited to get to work on this bad boy, already picked up a three-piece spoiler to chuck on.

Can you get that on the road without the airbag?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

dissss posted:

Can you get that on the road without the airbag?

she's in the passenger seat

heyo

Serious chat: Mismatched trim makes my eyeballs twitch. My neighbor has a '00? Miata SE and the steering wheel, shifter, handbrake, and radio bezel are all different 'types' and grains of wood. From the factory.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

long roof supremacy

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

fingerling posted:

Aristos own. I see minty ones pop up for not much cash from Japan. There's currently a minty white one that I want but have no room for right now as I already own the UK spec GS300. Once that goes later this year I'll consider importing one because they're so comfortable for cruising around in.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Aristos own. I see minty ones pop up for not much cash from Japan. There's currently a minty white one that I want but have no room for right now as I already own the UK spec GS300. Once that goes later this year I'll consider importing one because they're so comfortable for cruising around in.

This was the first one that came up, kept looking at dealers lots in Japan, but they were average and optioned.. interestingly. Hopefully gonna keep this for a few years, or until the JZS161 becomes available for import (18 months).
Just a pity with these, because most people just see these as engine donors for Supras :saddowns:

About the steering wheel, no chance of that being legal here in Ausland. I'll chuck it back on once I get the car, then sell it. Just wish the OEM one wasn't the ugh 90s 4spoke Toyota.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

fingerling posted:

Just a pity with these, because most people just see these as engine donors for Supras :saddowns:

Funny you should say that, that's exactly what my GS is for. :v: Though in all fairness the body is rotting away underneath but the engine has been well looked after...

I do like the car though so am going to look for another eventually.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I bought an Insight LX. Smooth as hell handling.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

crutt posted:

long roof supremacy

Nice! Manual or Automatic? 6 cylinder?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Weaponized Autism posted:

I bought an Insight LX. Smooth as hell handling.

The 2019 is a lot more... normal-looking. Though even the 2nd gen is more normal looking than a Prius cartoon spaceship.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

Aargh posted:

Nice! Manual or Automatic? 6 cylinder?

5 speed, 2.5 i6, (01 325i Sport)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

crutt posted:

5 speed, 2.5 i6, (01 325i Sport)

Gat drat.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
you have chosen...wisely

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Nice, they're pretty rare over here. If we ever need a second car they're definitely on my shortlist

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Got rid of a 10 year-old 328i and got a Kia Stinger GT1. It's difficult to wait until I finish the 600-mile breakin period before I give it WOT. Impressed with it so far. I don't have any major complaints with it other than I'd prefer it if it was available with a manual.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Can't believe that is a Kia lol. Sweet ride.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I came across one on the road last week, they sound great.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Are we up to four or five goons with Stingers now?

FYI Autoblog owns one they've been doing long term reviews on every so often and the most recent one started mentioning a bit of rattle in the cabin, which is disappointing. With my short commute I've only got about 4k miles after one year this March, so everything is still like new.

Edit: and if you're interested, https://stingerforum.org is a decent resource for stuff. It's obviously not as good as SA but for a model-specific forum it's less juvenile than others probably due to decent moderation and a userbase that skews older since these things can get up to $52k.

davebo fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 21, 2019

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

davebo posted:

Edit: and if you're interested, https://stingerforum.org is a decent resource for stuff. It's obviously not as good as SA but for a model-specific forum it's less juvenile than others probably due to decent moderation and a userbase that skews older since these things can get up to $52k.
Yeah I joined there a couple weeks ago, though I'm just lurking right now. They did point me to replacement KDM-style badges to fix the fugly KIA badges. You can see them on the wheel caps, but they're on the hood, trunk and steering wheel too. That's the only mod I've done on the car yet (besides tinting), though I have a dashcam on order.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Craptacular posted:

Yeah I joined there a couple weeks ago, though I'm just lurking right now. They did point me to replacement KDM-style badges to fix the fugly KIA badges. You can see them on the wheel caps, but they're on the hood, trunk and steering wheel too. That's the only mod I've done on the car yet (besides tinting), though I have a dashcam on order.

I saw a Stinger in traffic last week that swapped the trunk Kia badge for the larger Stinger script badge like I have and like all Korean/Australian models have, but they left the smaller Stinger script badge on the lower left. You know, just in case you didn't know it was a Stinger. And then on top of that they removed the GT badge despite the fact it's clearly a GT due to the black chrome on it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

All you goons with Stingers aren't helping me not buy one.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

IOwnCalculus posted:

All you goons with Stingers aren't helping me not buy one.

You have to admit, after decades of the internet begging for a powerful, affordable, rwd, manual wagon, this is as close as we've gotten and it's great to see that not every internet person just waited to buy one used and are actually supporting a car like this while so much of the industry just wants to make cuv's.

Edit: vv perfectly fine if lacking one of the qualities on that list disqualifies a car. For me it's "affordable"

davebo fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 21, 2019

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
The Stinger is cool but it's not available with a manual transmission so I'm not going to buy one.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

I'm 41 and this is my first car that's not a manual. I had to order my previous 328 from the factory in order to get it as a manual. I really wanted to get a manual car again, but I realized that unfortunately it would really limit my choices, so I gave it up as a requirement. The 8-speed in the Stinger is pretty unobjectionable for an auto though.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

davebo posted:

You have to admit, after decades of the internet begging for a powerful, affordable, rwd, manual wagon, this is as close as we've gotten and it's great to see that not every internet person just waited to buy one used and are actually supporting a car like this while so much of the industry just wants to make cuv's.

Edit: vv perfectly fine if lacking one of the qualities on that list disqualifies a car. For me it's "affordable"

My wallet, too, is the only thing stopping me.

Edit: I currently own a 2008 Kia Spectra5, and due to that car, I have zero qualms about buying another Kia, much less a newer one.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
It's even worse if you want RWD, manual, limited slip.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

davebo posted:

It helps that I'm reaching the point where I can admit that for a long, boring commute (and road trips that often involve shitloads of interstate), one of the things I really want out of a car is comfort. So, yeah, I don't care about it being the fastest or the quickest, but the fact that the chassis is getting all kinds of praise is still enticing. The 2.0T seems to be eating depreciation much harder than the GT - seems like it's not hard to find a used 2.0T Premium for the price of a new base.

Also I'm pretty sure that hatch is almost as big as the CR-V's.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Lightbulb Out posted:

It's even worse if you want RWD, manual, limited slip.

You're left with Genesis and BMW at this point. Zero wagons at all in North America.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

McTinkerson posted:

You're left with Genesis and BMW at this point. Zero wagons at all in North America.

I am well aware, unfortunately.

Fortunately, though ...

I would just like to get something newer/safer/more comfortable to DD.

Lightbulb Out fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 21, 2019

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Give up RWD and you get the GTI / Golf R and Civic Si / Type-R, if you want a mechanical LSD with a manual and the option for four doors. Miata / FRS / ATS-V / Camaro / Mustang if you want manual / LSD and are willing to give up four doors.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 21, 2019

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Lightbulb Out posted:

I am well aware, unfortunately.

Fortunately, though ...

I would just like to get something newer/safer/more comfortable to DD.

Sounds like you need an E46.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Grakkus posted:

Sounds like you need an E46.

I had one. It was a bit of a mess. No limited slip, unless it's an M3.

I need an E90 M3.

BlackMK4 posted:

Give up RWD and you get the GTI / Golf R and Civic Si / Type-R, if you want a mechanical LSD with a manual and the option for four doors. Miata / FRS / ATS-V / Camaro / Mustang if you want manual / LSD and are willing to give up four doors.

I think I might sell my 318ti, 318i and drive my wife's Honda Fit as a DD. Get her a wagon of some sort, and then do stupid poo poo to my 325is'.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Golfs are boring as all hell. Fantastic cars but don’t tickle my dinkle. I need to try a ctr that reminds me

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Lightbulb Out posted:

I had one. It was a bit of a mess. No limited slip, unless it's an M3.

I need an E90 M3.

I think I might sell my 318ti, 318i and drive my wife's Honda Fit as a DD. Get her a wagon of some sort, and then do stupid poo poo to my 325is'.
I think the Fit is a great DD, can't go wrong there.

Bape Culture posted:

Golfs are boring as all hell.
that's a big part of why I sold mine, I had much more enjoyment driving the ZHP E46 i bought to replace it even though it was heavier and made something like 100whp less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5