Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Pussy Quipped posted:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1095764378954141696

Lobbyists are paying homeless people to hold their place in line, seems fine and normal to me.

do they pay them first or do they auction their place first thing in the morning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

line spot holders unironically need a union

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
They're well placed to enact a purge

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Jel Shaker posted:

do they pay them first or do they auction their place first thing in the morning?

If they paid them first then the person could just leave and not hold the spot.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Ruzihm posted:

line spot holders unironically need a union

one day they should all go sit in line as normal and then refuse to give up the spots when the lobbyists arrive, and take their seats in the hearing

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

how much do you think the line spot holders get paid

how much more do you think id have to pay them to tell the lobbyists to gently caress off and go yell at the committees

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I'm sure things would work out well for an indigent person who starts causing a scene in the halls of Congress.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Haha, imagine that. Congress filled with a bunch of mentally unstable old people reeking of piss... And then the homeless pour in. Nice.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Outrail posted:

Haha, imagine that. Congress filled with a bunch of mentally unstable old people reeking of piss... And then the homeless pour in. Nice.

:yosnice:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Outrail posted:

And just think of all the drug users and criminals! Do we know that these unhoused people will be safe?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
The former Apple lawyer who was supposed to keep employees from insider trading has been charged with insider trading

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/13/sec-files-insider-trading-lawsuit-against-former-apple-lawyer.html

One job!
Okay!
Your job is to stop corruption, specially insider trading!
Okay!
What are you doing?!
Insider trading!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Outrail posted:

The former Apple lawyer who was supposed to keep employees from insider trading has been charged with insider trading

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/13/sec-files-insider-trading-lawsuit-against-former-apple-lawyer.html

One job!
Okay!
Okay!
What are you doing?!
Insider trading!

wait so the guy had a history of insider trading in 2011 and 12.

Did apple hire the guy who got busted for insider trading to prevent employees from insider trading, only for him to get busted again in 2018?

Sounds normal

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

HR: Well the role said "3-5 years experience necessary"

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Sometimes you need to hire a fox to guard the hen house.

Oh no now there's a fox in the hen house. Who could have foreseen this particular eventuality!?!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Outrail posted:

One job!
Okay!
Okay!
What are you doing?!
Insider trading!

Takes one to know one

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dear Jeff Sessions: please hire me to keep government employees from unionizing and smoking weed, it'll work out well.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

namesake posted:

Sometimes you need to hire a fox to guard the hen house.

Oh no now there's a fox in the hen house. Who could have foreseen this particular eventuality!?!

That's when you bring in an anti-murder guy to watch over the anti-insider trading guy

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Same HR member: "Hmm, I need a change of pace. Maybe I could be a police recruiter"

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Frog Act posted:

we are collectively on the cusp of a golden age for teen vandalism. i can’t wait for drunken high schoolers to wreck ten thousand dollar water fountains

can't wait 4 corps to aggressively press charges against teenage vandals and send them into a spiral of debt and despair

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clawtopsy posted:

can't wait 4 corps to aggressively press charges against teenage vandals and send them into a spiral of debt and despair

cant wait for cops to shoot a teenager sticking gum into a water fountain spout.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

You know they already have. :smith:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah but with that as the stated reason.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
one of these non-cops in a school is going to dome a kid because a teacher they want to gently caress said he was being a little shithead in science class

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
school cops going postal against the kids who make fun of them

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
rampage at the local elementary school as former Staff Sergeant Todd MacHugh killed 35 sixth graders when one of them called him "lil homie gayass"

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

he has been put under paid administrative leave until 6 of his buddies think the press has cooled down enough to let him off. Turns out he's done so repeatedly. He gets a job on Fox News calling liberals cucks. He earns more than you do. Rinse, repeat.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cant believe that cop killed all those kids with a gun purchased from a kid

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We're going to need armed security guards to protect the children from all the armed security guards

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rarity posted:

We're going to need armed security guards to protect the children from all the armed security guards

This is like letting a cat in to catch the mouse, then a dog in to catch the cat, etc.

Let's just skip to the end, every school needs an 800lb gorilla roaming the halls.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I have nothing to add to gunchat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rondette posted:

I have nothing to add to gunchat.

That reminds me of the huge arena in memphis that's now a bass pro shop

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
cool waterfowling heritage center

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like bass fishing :( fishing is cool

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Powershift posted:

this wraps around to being cool, though

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

this wraps around to being cool, though

Today, arenas are becoming bass pro shops, tomorrow, hospitals. Where does it end?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Powershift posted:

That's a big loving shop!

Is there really much bass fishing paraphernalia you can sell?

EDIT:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That's a big loving shop!

Is there really much bass fishing paraphernalia you can sell?

apparently :shrug:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
there’s a hotel and restaurant in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU