Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

whaley posted:

Is ff9 the mobile port version with the huge lovely menus that cover half the screen during battle

I just posted a video up above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I'm still not happy about the lack of Animal Crossing news

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Tetris is the game.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Unmature posted:

Does T99 explain any of the new stuff anywhere? What do those options the right stick selects do? What are badges? What is a “Tetris”?

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/aqgmwk/how_to_win_at_tetris_99_battle_royale_mechanics/

Basically you need to KO other players to get badges. Badges let you send/clear trash better. The right stick options let you target randoms, people who are targeting you, people close to being KO'd, or whoever has the most badges currently. A Tetris is when you clear 4 lines at once.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

hell yeah!!

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Huge Dead Cells overhaul today. Definitely going to try a few runs and see how it feels.
Holy hell that is comprehensive. I don't understand most of it since I've never gotten past the second boss but all of that definitely makes me feel like it's worth it to give it a few more tries.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

onesixtwo posted:

https://twitter.com/Yev162/status/1096214800177147904

It both looks and plays awesome so far. It is still FF9, but the turbo mode booster is nice. This is just a quick recording w/o turbo mode.

I look at the new Resident Evil 2, and then I look at the effort Square is making, and it's like, "why the gently caress would anyone buy this? They clearly don't give a poo poo compared to Capcom."

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The saddest thing is that on PC people have modded the game to replace the SD backgrounds with HD backgrounds that were scaled up using ESRGAN AI. Amateurs did this for free but the official release still has the SD backgrounds.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Huge Dead Cells overhaul today. Definitely going to try a few runs and see how it feels.

drat that's wild. Sounds like it will practically be a new game.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

I look at the new Resident Evil 2, and then I look at the effort Square is making, and it's like, "why the gently caress would anyone buy this? They clearly don't give a poo poo compared to Capcom."
RE2 is a full priced and is really just a fully new game. Capcom has more lightly touched ports than any company in history

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

RE2 is a full priced and is really just a fully new game.

That's what I want for my Square games, too. :colbert:

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Mister Facetious posted:

I buy the games I like because I want them on the console I’d like to play them on.

You’re confusing ports with remakes, also.

vvv definitely not wrong! Hell even just something like DQ11’s full orchestra (which I believe is new to the switch release?) being added or something would be amazing. SE just likes making money, and they know idiots like me will buy FF9, 12, and any Tactics game they port to the switch.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 15, 2019

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

After 20 years, they should be remade.

:corsair: / :bahgawd:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm sure Square'll get right on that once they spend another 6 years remaking FF7.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nice Akira movie Tetsuo controller...

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I'm the jiggly poop.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

After 20 years, they should be remade.

well don't worry, because in about 20 years they'll be just about done with remaking FF7

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

"kiiiiilll meeeeeeeeee..."

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I’d rather spend $20 on a no-thrills Square port than $60 on a Square remake, because most of Square’s remakes and enhanced ports are garbage.

Of course you can and probably should do neither option, but FF9 is awesome and one of the least-flawed of Square’s port jobs, assuming they didn’t gently caress up the Switch release. At the least it’s worth a buy when it hits a 50% off sale.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Mister Facetious posted:

That's what I want for my Square games, too. :colbert:

SquareEnix can barely get new games out the door and will probably never get that FF7 remake out the door, let alone be bothered to put games on a Nintendo platform, port or new.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Old movies should be colorized too

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mister Facetious posted:

As a Street Fighter fan, that assessment of Capcom is a bit generous...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Unmature posted:

Old movies should be colorized too

Remasters happen all the ding dang time in movies. We update the image quality, fix damaged frames, restore the sound, sometimes even touch up effects work. Colorizing also used to be a really popular method of updating movies to resell them but fell out of favor quickly since a remake was a better use of money and the quality of colorization was poor.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

As a Street Fighter fan, that assessment of Capcom is a bit generous...

The old ones are fine if you never play online, or acknowledge the existence of Ultra SF II :v:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

The old ones are fine if you never play online, or acknowledge the existence of Ultra SF II :v:

why wouldn't you play online?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

That's between him and SF Anniversary's netcode

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

Everything I hear about Capcom fighting game netcode on consoles boils down to "Only play SF4/5".

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Barudak posted:

Remasters happen all the ding dang time in movies. We update the image quality, fix damaged frames, restore the sound, sometimes even touch up effects work. Colorizing also used to be a really popular method of updating movies to resell them but fell out of favor quickly since a remake was a better use of money and the quality of colorization was poor.

Wow of all the things to jump to defend I didn’t think colorizing movies would be one of them

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyPlacidSandpiperRickroll

:catstare: Kevin is a monster.

Tetris battle royale sounds like such a stupid concept, but I can't believe it worked out so well!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Unmature posted:

Wow of all the things to jump to defend I didn’t think colorizing movies would be one of them

Im not defending colorization per se, just noting that it was once widely done and quite popular and that even today when films are re-released consumer expectations are for an improved version over the previous release.

Hell, a lot of people buy them just for bonus story content based on unfinished materials cut from the final game movie.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

So the announcement said Tetris 99 was free to play, but it looks like it's just straight up free (with the paid online thing of course) and there's nothing you can buy at all? Because hell yeah gimme more of these weird little experiment type games for free.

They'll probably use this base game to try to sell traditional Tetris, get the people who are Tetris Bads to cough up 9.99 to unlock a normal Tetris mode that doesn't throw endless junk rows at you

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
DLC Tetris the Grand Master modes. :getin:

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Would somebody please tell Nintendo to put out a new Panel De Pon.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

The Silver Snail posted:

gently caress yes. Hell I’d settle for Pokémon Puzzle Challenge on Switch

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Please give me Panel de Pon/Puzzle League/Tetris Attack with online multiplayer Nintendo

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyPlacidSandpiperRickroll

:catstare: Kevin is a monster.

Tetris battle royale sounds like such a stupid concept, but I can't believe it worked out so well!
I've had a few wins like that :smugbert:

His win rate is pretty crazy though, something like 66/87 matches last I saw on stream just now. I'm 12/36.

The Silver Snail posted:

And for Capcom to port Puzzle Fighter. I don't want them to do a new one cause last time they did that it was a F2P mobile piece of poo poo that they already killed off.

Nicalis is doing some clone with their random rear end group of licensed characters, Crystal Crisis, looks a bit janky but hopefully it plays alright and isn't buggy as poo poo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1096275519048503296?s=19

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qApEgUxp58k

This interview from 2017 with Miyamoto and Aonuma is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Wait hold on Silk Song is an entirely new HK game?? I assumed it was just an add on with the other character and now I’m stoked for that fresh new poo poo.