Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

exploded mummy posted:

she was a guest on episode 200, Otto in the Attic

she has a true crime podcast with her cohost Georgia called My Favorite Murder

they recently did an interview with Conan O'Brien on his podcast if you want to get a feel with them

Isn't Karen also an ex of Dave? I think I remember that from a walking the room episode.

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

exploded mummy posted:

she has a true crime podcast with her cohost Georgia called My Favorite Murder

Oh that’s weird then, I didn’t really like my favorite murder very much but I thought she was really good on this episode. Maybe I’ll have to give it another shot some time.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Snowy posted:

Oh that’s weird then, I didn’t really like my favorite murder very much but I thought she was really good on this episode. Maybe I’ll have to give it another shot some time.

i remember the hosts being great, but i didn't care for the uh, subject matter. maybe that was why you bounced off?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
She was also on Mr Show with Bob and David back in the day.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

AriadneThread posted:

i remember the hosts being great, but i didn't care for the uh, subject matter. maybe that was why you bounced off?

Yeah probably, I’ve been burned out on serial killers for a long time. I guess I didn’t even get to the point of appreciating her (their?) talent.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is one of her classic songs.

http://teamcoco.com/node/92373

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
That Proctor and Gamble episode is really good, I haven't wanted to relisten to a Dollop episode in a long while since that one. Karen's really funny and she and Gareth have good comedic chemistry. I do like My Favorite Murder but the show got a tad repetitive for my taste. Plus whenever they'd talk about supernatural stuff, that poo poo just rubs me the wrong way. What is with True Crime podcasts and pseudoscience?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

ghosts are real

Belome
Jan 1, 2013
They allow people to experience thrilling creepiness in a safe context.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I mean, the dollop proved that ghost testimony is legally admissable.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Zeniel posted:

That Proctor and Gamble episode is really good, I haven't wanted to relisten to a Dollop episode in a long while since that one. Karen's really funny and she and Gareth have good comedic chemistry. I do like My Favorite Murder but the show got a tad repetitive for my taste. Plus whenever they'd talk about supernatural stuff, that poo poo just rubs me the wrong way. What is with True Crime podcasts and pseudoscience?

Being fair, this was usually pretty tongue in cheek, rarely showed up outside of Hometowns, and I've never gotten the impression that either of them are trying to convince me that it's real. I get why people bounce off of that, but it's really not noticeable enough to qualify as a point of contention.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Not finished yet, but holy crap today's episode is an all-timer.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Old Boot posted:

Being fair, this was usually pretty tongue in cheek, rarely showed up outside of Hometowns, and I've never gotten the impression that either of them are trying to convince me that it's real. I get why people bounce off of that, but it's really not noticeable enough to qualify as a point of contention.

Yeah I agree with that. Honestly it's more other True Crime podcasts than that one at any rate.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The Doomhammer posted:

Not finished yet, but holy crap today's episode is an all-timer.

I really loved it but the climate change discussion at the end put me on a despair spiral.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

the audio quality on the william buckley show is so dogshit I've now decided to limit and compress every live dollop with audacity first. why "I've been doing this for 20 years" anthony can't do this, is beyond me. my car speaker nearly popped when one of them exhaled into the mic, because I had to max it to understand them.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I have to listen to most of the live ones with really good headphones. It's infuriating to listen in the car or on the reciever.

Serf
May 5, 2011

never had any issue with the live eps. they're the best eps imo

hearing gareth actually speak with conviction and understanding at the end of the latest ep scared me

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hans Bertram might be one of my favorite episodes period

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I'm still working my way through the backlog at episode ~250, but some episodes have serious volume issues. Sometimes the loudness can increase 10-fold in the same sentence.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

SalTheBard posted:

Hans Bertram might be one of my favorite episodes period

Gareth was on fire as fuuuuck. Boogle it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Veskit posted:

Gareth was on fire as fuuuuck. Boogle it

Bro did you say jet ski?

My only complaint was how they glossed over the end of his life making Nazi propaganda films.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I think Dave went too hard in the paint to start and just ruined Gareth on this one....

Me too though fuuuuuck this was a tough one

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
The Durham live show was exceptional. Good crowd, great story and great riffs. An all timer.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How emotionally rough are the Kennedy and the Operation W episodes?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

How emotionally rough are the Kennedy and the Operation W episodes?

What was the Kennedy episode?

Operation is just... brutal.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
edit: nevermind

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Veskit posted:

What was the Kennedy episode?

The episode released just before last week's Operation episode.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

RandomPauI posted:

The episode released just before last week's Operation episode.

That was Alice Roosevelt, and it was a good episode (and not soul crushing)

During the Operation episode, Gareth and Dave react to something that happens but don't say what it is. Does anyone know the timestamp on that? I'd like to see what it was but I can't bear to listen to that a second time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2p0tmZymeg

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Straight up blocked that memory it seems like.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Not sure the timestamp but probably around the delousing/camp intake part?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

AFewBricksShy posted:

That was Alice Roosevelt, and it was a good episode (and not soul crushing)

I immediately stopped listening when Gareth pointed out the decline of sea life, so I beg to differ.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

HOW DO I GO TO BED

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Benjamin Lay turned out to be the weird feel good story of the year

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm gonna go crazy from not knowing what the deal with the ghost was

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Is ergot an acceptable answer?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

No, never.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The most recent Chapo Trap House briefly touched on the Anti-Masonic Party and that guy who vanished and everybody thought the freemasons killed him. It sounded very familiar to me, did the Dollop ever do an episode on that guy, or the Anti-Masonic Party, or the Freemasons?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress yes, a Dollop about John DeLorean. Was hoping they'd cover him and they didn't disappoint.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Just got around to "America's First Ghost" and come on. come onnn, what! what??? come on!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

AceOfFlames posted:

gently caress yes, a Dollop about John DeLorean. Was hoping they'd cover him and they didn't disappoint.
Now they need to do one about John McAfee