Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

In Training posted:

That seems unnecessarily harsh in a world where everyone sucked Spider Man's dick last year.

☝🏻

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I can't wait to play Crackdown 3

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lost my retainer posted:

Metro exodus is releasing in about 3 hours but I don't even see a thread about it. Anyone here play it yet ? It looks good and I'm a lot more interested in it than the new Farcry.

I want to make a thread about it, I am interested in the game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the changes to how taking down gang leaders in crackdown 3 sound less like qol or added depth and more like extra busywork for a thing that was fun in the first game because you'd just bust into a noteworthy location and blow them up with a rocket launcher or something and there wasn't actually anything keeping you from going straight for the kingpin if you wanted to

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Colonel posted:

the changes to how taking down gang leaders in crackdown 3 sound less like qol or added depth and more like extra busywork for a thing that was fun in the first game because you'd just bust into a noteworthy location and blow them up with a rocket launcher or something and there wasn't actually anything keeping you from going straight for the kingpin if you wanted to

One of the reviews mentioned that you could beat the game super fast if you just beelined the gang leaders so if what you are saying is true Ill be dissapointed

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

lost my retainer posted:

Metro exodus is releasing in about 3 hours but I don't even see a thread about it. Anyone here play it yet ? It looks good and I'm a lot more interested in it than the new Farcry.

I'm really looking forward to it. It's also the first game since I bought my new PC where I'm actually concerned about performance and settings sacrifices actually affecting the graphics (I have a Vega 56 and want to play at 1440p and at least a rock solid 60fps...)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i might've misread, the review i did read just made it sound like you've gotta do some checklisty stuff before it lets you take on any notable boss characters

though honestly even at the time while i enjoyed crackdown 1 it did feel like a game where you ran out of stuff to do pretty quick, so i'm not surprised that if crackdown 3 is just more of that it doesn't look so good next to a rush of bigger open world games, especially dipping into a similar area as just cause 4 of jankier, emptier open world games struggling a bit with their own identity, the latter of which i imagine would fit a new crackdown game to a T after crackdown 2, and 3's apparent awkwardness trying to deal with being a more goofy and colorful game about blowing people up after crackdown 1 and 2 both ended with the twist that the police state agency you work for is probably bad

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me

I said come in! posted:

I want to make a thread about it, I am interested in the game.

Please do.

A Bag of Milk posted:

I'm really looking forward to it. It's also the first game since I bought my new PC where I'm actually concerned about performance and settings sacrifices actually affecting the graphics (I have a Vega 56 and want to play at 1440p and at least a rock solid 60fps...)

Same but 2070 and 1080p, gonna try that RTX stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i might've misread, the review i did read just made it sound like you've gotta do some checklisty stuff before it lets you take on any notable boss characters

though honestly even at the time while i enjoyed crackdown 1 it did feel like a game where you ran out of stuff to do pretty quick, so i'm not surprised that if crackdown 3 is just more of that it doesn't look so good next to a rush of bigger open world games, especially dipping into a similar area as just cause 4 of jankier, emptier open world games struggling a bit with their own identity, the latter of which i imagine would fit a new crackdown game to a T after crackdown 2, and 3's apparent awkwardness trying to deal with being a more goofy and colorful game about blowing people up after crackdown 1 and 2 both ended with the twist that the police state agency you work for is probably bad

In 3 your a renegade who's only mission is to kill every cop that breathes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Training posted:

:hmmyes:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Well now I'm interested

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
This might be sacrilege but I think the Tetris tune sucks and Tetris 99 need some new music

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tetris 99 is cool i placed 5,3,and 2 in my first 3 matches and now i must sleep.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When's Tetrisphere 99

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

worlds happiest contra

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

In Training posted:

So just like real life then :hmmyes:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is it bad to admit that I like watching Apex Legends a bit just because I think the overly positive and cheerful robot is a really fun character?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Every time I am reminded that Rhythm Heaven exists I am compelled to open up my 3DS and play a bit

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1096207823145455616
https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1096208257369210881

Excited to see what the hell a team mode looks like in that game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who's idea was it to put Star Fox in my Ratchet and Clank? That was not cool :mad:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

Every time I am reminded that Rhythm Heaven exists I am compelled to open up my 3DS and play a bit

The Rhythm Heaven Remix Editor dev is working on adding support for playing along with custom remixes and I've been refreshing that Github constantly. That thing has already absorbed my life and that'd make it even better.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat there's a feel

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

marie kondo is at my house and she's trying to make me to get rid of all my old video games I don't play anymore, please send help

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

poo poo it's like she's in my head

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rarity posted:

Who's idea was it to put Star Fox in my Ratchet and Clank? That was not cool :mad:

ratchet & clank's had space ship levels since the first game, they're just weirdly sporadic about them. going commando featured them prominently but up your arsenal was rushed to gently caress so they got cut along with almost all the giant clank sections and then ratchet deadlocked was ratchet deadlocked

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Anthem comes out in a week, I just realized. Right after Apex Legends and its 10 million subscribers.

Who's ready to see the death knells of Bioware and perhaps EA? :kheldragar: :kheldragar:

Edit: And Sekiro's just a month away jesus christ.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why would ea die from having one of the most successful battle royale games of 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yakuza battle royale: 99 majimas drop onto an island and they all have to fight a single kiryu-chan

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Well that's far too true to life :(

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, Yakuza 0 still has my favorite boss fight moment of all time, with Awano punching the loving wall so hard that Majima flips the gently caress out and shoves Awano as hard as he can to get away from his fist. Yes I've been rewatching Yakuza moments all day and goddamn this is honestly the best franchise in all of games

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also has in-loving-credible boss battle music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQa1SA3EtI

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pledge of Demon is so loving iconic. It's honestly just amazing how much the Yakuza soundtrack goes above and loving beyond, now that I'm revisiting parts of 6. And having played through the series chronologically Y0 to Y6 - the part where Kiryu commits to doing a double loving murder is the hardest loving poo poo I have ever loving experienced in a single videogame. You feel his hatred and his anger in a way I've never seen in a single movie or novel. It's honestly awe-inspiring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP74oNwF4IM

Just watch the opening minute and a half and realize outside of Kiryu, you're led to loving hate every single one of these loving bastards going into Yakuza 6. It's a goddamn masterwork of character drama that understands the format of videogames in a way nobody else has ever loving come close to.

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 15, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

"Hitoshi Ariga participated in the Mega Man 8 boss character contest. His submissions were Army Man (アーミーマン, two headed robot), Black Man (ブラックマン, robot with sword) and Kraken Man (クラーケンマン, extendable arms)."

ariga buddy think one of these names might need a redo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuReu1MtLJQ

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When Makoto realizes who gave her the watchstrap replacement through :3: :ohdear:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Endorph posted:

ariga buddy think one of these names might need a redo

if you think the name kraken man is problematic you should see what passes for actual design

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Archie comics pull the bandana over his mouth so oil man still basically has giant cartoon lips but he looks like a cool ninja instead of a shucking and jiving caricature.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

yakuza battle royale: 99 majimas drop onto an island and they all have to fight a single kiryu-chan

How many infants is the kiryu holding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh you son of a [female Yakuza character]