Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Sorry, I haven't read many cape comics in a long time, only followed the movies really, didn't know.

I only know of one, but you'll know of him too because it's Sam Wilson AKA Falcon. He took up the mantle after Steve's serum stopped working and he became old for a time. And it's going to be funny as gently caress when it happens in the movies after Avengers: End Game (not a spoiler - Chris Evans' contract is up and he's said he's retiring from the role).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jedit posted:

I only know of one, but you'll know of him too because it's Sam Wilson AKA Falcon. He took up the mantle after Steve's serum stopped working and he became old for a time. And it's going to be funny as gently caress when it happens in the movies after Avengers: End Game (not a spoiler - Chris Evans' contract is up and he's said he's retiring from the role).

There was also Isaiah Bradley, who was part of a secret (super racist) project during WWII to replicate the process that turned Steve into Captain America.

The racist part was because the government didn't really care about the test subjects actually surviving the process.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RickVoid posted:

Jon Stewart best Green Lantern, no joke.

I heard that people like Kyle Rayner too but having seen nothing of him in action I'm keeping Jon Stewart as #1.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zendaya’s not even Mary Jane Watson so it’s extra stupid. She’s a whole new character with the same initials.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

muscles like this! posted:

There was also Isaiah Bradley, who was part of a secret (super racist) project during WWII to replicate the process that turned Steve into Captain America.

The racist part was because the government didn't really care about the test subjects actually surviving the process.

Of course, yes. He's the grandfather of the Cap analogue in the Young Avengers, isn't he?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's some video of that Reinhardt cosplayer, including a timelapse of him getting suited up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBucb5PN5c8

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Jedit posted:

Of course, yes. He's the grandfather of the Cap analogue in the Young Avengers, isn't he?

Yep!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/Hkqwb0S.gifv

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

RickVoid posted:

Jon Stewart best Green Lantern, no joke.
Also best Daily Show host.

I want to see one cosplay the other I don't care which direction this goes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Yawgmoth posted:

Also best Daily Show host.

I want to see one cosplay the other I don't care which direction this goes.

He's a Marvel zombie 4 life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qrfb17-RgI

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Thought I was in the schadenfreude thread for a moment and got really worried.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
OSHA thread meets Cosplay thread.(looks like beer is involved)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Thought I was in the schadenfreude thread for a moment and got really worried.

Don't worry, he got this.

CAN'T STOP HIM NOW

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Everything that guy does is incredible.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I died when I noticed the stomach.

Dead

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Captain Invictus posted:

Everything that guy does is incredible.

:agreed:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Is that makeup on his chest or did he masterfully arrange the shadows to look like the vest?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I want to shake this man's hand so badly.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Is that makeup on his chest or did he masterfully arrange the shadows to look like the vest?

Pretty sure that's just shadowing.

Holy crap, that's incredible.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

LingcodKilla posted:

I died when I noticed the stomach.

Bread

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He has done a ton of lovely, low-effort cosplays with that four frame thing like that and they're all incredible. People have posted them a lot on SA over the years but I don't know where it's originally from.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Captain Invictus posted:

He has done a ton of lovely, low-effort cosplays with that four frame thing like that and they're all incredible. People have posted them a lot on SA over the years but I don't know where it's originally from.

He has a Facebook page and an Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lowcost_cosplay/?hl=en

unfinite crisis
Sep 14, 2004

Haha! I love stuff like this and that Andrew Garfield clip.

I've lived about 5 blocks from the spot in this vid for 7 years and have seen some hilariously terrible costumes. Most people seem to buy the cheapest one they can find from the shop down the road and spend all day harassing tourists for cash. I remember walking home one day and the one guy who really goes around as 'The Hulk' (teeeerrible homemade foam costume) was stomping down the sidewalk, completely soggy with sweat, screaming about how no one is tipping him. He smelled so bad.

There are a select few people that you can tell take pride in their costuming and they make some pretty good money.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
There used to be a really good Jack Sparrow in front of the Chinese theatre.

I think he punched Superman once.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How wonderfully apt.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

muscles like this! posted:

Actually it was the prototype program, not a replication attempt. And done Tuskegee style, which is even more messed up. Isaiah was the only one to survive long term, but it slowly gave him serious brain damage. However, he's canonically the first Cap now.

They did the retcon of adding him to Marvel history nicely, with the heroes of color knowing and revering him, while the white characters were clueless, much like a LOT of real life black history.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/QuartrGuy/status/1096577113430343681
He wants to take you for a ride.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

FilthyImp posted:

There used to be a really good Jack Sparrow in front of the Chinese theatre.

I think he punched Superman once.
It better not have been OG Superman. Dude's had it rough.

I used to drink with the little person Mr. T. at the Power House around the corner. Haven't seen him around lately, actually, so I hope he's okay.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
https://twitter.com/ModeratelyOkCos/status/1096472608927858688?s=19

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That's awesome

I hope he had a speaker playing this too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY-CeeQLCE4

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Confirmed in the replies, he does and it does. You can see it under the umbrella too

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

The lanky Reeves? Think that was him in the fight.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

FilthyImp posted:

The lanky Reeves? Think that was him in the fight.

This guy. Back in the day, there were like three people total on the boulevard in costume and he was one of them.

unfinite crisis
Sep 14, 2004

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I used to drink with the little person Mr. T. at the Power House around the corner. Haven't seen him around lately, actually, so I hope he's okay.

Once Power House turned into a no-charm cocktail bar I never saw him again. :saddowns:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's in the bone :gonk:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

SHA-KA-KA! :stare:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Equinsu ocha!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cu Chulain (Alter) and Queen Medb from Fate/Grand Order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Huh, that's not a panel you see offered at every convention.