Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

H A T T A M posted:

I went back to the beginning too for the first time since maybe 4 years ago and holy poo poo. I forgot how much they say retard, retarded, human being, etc all in super negative connotations. Dropping hard r's too not in reference to anything like hip hop song of the week. I'm only on episode 15 and Jon has called someone or something a "retarded human being" probably 50 times it feels like. Episodes are super solid even from episode 1, but it's pretty jarring just listening along and 5 time an episode Jon jumpscares me with his angry human being tongue. 2006 was a good time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb3VnwjPuIc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

I was taken aback by how young Seth sounds in this one, then realized I'm now nearly as old as he was at the time of recording...

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

H A T T A M posted:

Yeah I went back to the beginning too for the first time since maybe 4 years ago and holy poo poo. I forgot how much they say retard, retarded, human being, etc all in super negative connotations. Dropping hard r's too not in reference to anything like hip hop song of the week. I'm only on episode 15 and Jon has called someone or something a "retarded human being" probably 50 times it feels like. Episodes are super solid even from episode 1, but it's pretty jarring just listening along and 5 time an episode Jon jumpscares me with his angry human being tongue. 2006 was a good time

Look for it only in archives, for it is no more than a dream remembered, an Internet gone with the wind...

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
All of you taking about the old episodes reminded me of the time they got in a huge fight over the dumbest thing and the subsequent reveal several months later about what caused the fight. It was amazing.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Tainen posted:

All of you taking about the old episodes reminded me of the time they got in a huge fight over the dumbest thing and the subsequent reveal several months later about what caused the fight. It was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBv2UuTduxI

classic (jonathan was right though)

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I remember the big fight in this thread about that ep. - five years ago or something.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Today in "weird omens", apparently Jennifer Aniston was on her way to a surprise birthday weekend bash yesterday and the plane had to make an emergency landing :ohdear: Stay safe UYD boys.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
When are we going to get the Marcia/Jon Hamm episode?

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Is there a photo out there of Jonathan's apparently wack-rear end custom made guitar?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dork457 posted:

Is there a photo out there of Jonathan's apparently wack-rear end custom made guitar?

https://reverb.com/item/11978340-gmw-custom-sunburst-hippie-guitar

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
it's not as bad as i expected but holy poo poo it's ugly

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

466, the live episode where halfway through they think it's not recording and spend like 20 minutes freaking out until the sound guy tells them he's got it.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

466, the live episode where halfway through they think it's not recording and spend like 20 minutes freaking out until the sound guy tells them he's got it.

Jah: oh poo poo, i hosed up and didn't hit record :(
Sethro: ..yeah well...gently caress those people who didn't come to the live show..
Engineer: it's cool we got it...
Sethro: gently caress what i said..

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

it's not as bad as i expected but holy poo poo it's ugly

From the neck up it's passable. That loving body looks like a BC Rich disaster though.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Even the head stock is perfectly lovely. I love it and I want one.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I wonder what happened to the seller

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Lmao

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
The body looks like it has a couple of little cartoon feet

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Does anyone have the link to Jonathan's yelp review about the car dealers? I'm sure it's been posted here but I realized I never actually went to see if people found it until last night listening to the old episode. (If you are wondering it's either 497 or the one before where he talks about the review and then the week before that is when he went). Thanks!

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

H A T T A M posted:

Does anyone have the link to Jonathan's yelp review about the car dealers? I'm sure it's been posted here but I realized I never actually went to see if people found it until last night listening to the old episode. (If you are wondering it's either 497 or the one before where he talks about the review and then the week before that is when he went). Thanks!

https://www.yelp.com/user_details_reviews_self?userid=W2woEM7nn2rjLpdbywEktg

JIVE !!!!

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

There's an alternate universe where Seth and Jonathan never met and the early content of UYD is Seth reading Jonathan's Yelp reviews instead of discovering Craigslist (Jah's House).

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Does anyone have the log in to "The Vault" archive from their Patreon? Just trying to listen to some old eps

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Caper posted:

Does anyone have the log in to "The Vault" archive from their Patreon? Just trying to listen to some old eps

Just pay the tiny fee like the rest of us. They deserve the money even if it's not much. It's annoying but just do it.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

If it was the $5 tier you needed for archived episodes I might've entertained the idea of PM'ing someone the code but it's a Single Dollar. If you don't wanna keep paying monthly you can just pay the one measly dollar and download them all in your one month.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Guys, I donate $5 a month, I just can't find the Patreon message where he sent the login info...

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Caper posted:

Guys, I donate $5 a month, I just can't find the Patreon message where he sent the login info...

Go to patreon.com/uhhyeahdude and look through the posts, it'll be there, a few months old now -- iirc from the last time I looked for it there's tags on the left side to filter and one is like "archive password".

e: 471, unique Google searches by state, Mississippi -- "pictures of feet", "penis enlargement", "Aryan Brotherhood".

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Feb 24, 2019

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Caper posted:

Sorry mate I misunderstood. I had the same problem as well, it says J will "send you" the login but it's just some random post. They should definitely email it to you. Very silly.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Feb 24, 2019

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

So what is this?

Because I drop that link into my podcast app and it says that it's "unable to find a podcast at that URL." Is there an archive feed and a live show feed? Also there's a merch discount for patrons? gently caress, I'm really blowing this patreon thing.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The archive password was posted April 14 2018 if you can’t find it

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
^^^ I actually found it, they updated it again in August.

Thanks everyone.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

If anyone else has trouble, you can find it by clicking "uyd password" I think on their Patreon. It's on the left hand side where the other tags like "uyd live" are. It's under their $$$, that area.

H A T T A M fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 25, 2019

star war beta max
Sep 26, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
The password is a homophobic hard-r slur though so you may want to avert your eyes!

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

TV ONLINE posted:

The password is a homophobic hard-r slur though so you may want to avert your eyes!

what?

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

TV ONLINE posted:

drat, ya got me. I guess I gotta quit listening to the podcast now after getting burned so hard. Cya guys, it was fun......

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
gently caress are you two talking about

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

I'm not sure. They must've seen my post that's quoted at the top of the page and got mad so they shoehorned it into the latest post conversation. Why they got mad idk

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I started freaking out when Jonathan was talking about eating Peanut Butter and Butter sandwiches because I ate those as a kid and have never found another person who has said they have.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Tainen posted:

I started freaking out when Jonathan was talking about eating Peanut Butter and Butter sandwiches because I ate those as a kid and have never found another person who has said they have.

Aren't they an american staple (I haven't listed to the ep yet)?

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Jippa posted:

Aren't they an american staple (I haven't listed to the ep yet)?

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are.

Jonathan replaced the jelly with actual (vegan) butter and just ate them both from the containers.

https://youtu.be/sUu1X_A234w

pooch516 fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

When I was a kid my mom accidentally put peanut butter and butter (margarine) on a piece of toast and that was the only kind of toast I wanted from that point on.