Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Momomo posted:

If Fugo could be infected by his own stand it would be the most useless thing in the world.

I'm not gonna read the whole thread before answering this cause I'm way behind, so apologies if this is a repeat, but all they said so far within the canon is he's too scared of the idea to even test it out, so it's not known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mimesweeper posted:

I'm not gonna read the whole thread before answering this cause I'm way behind, so apologies if this is a repeat, but all they said so far within the canon is he's too scared of the idea to even test it out, so it's not known.
I wonder how he even knows about it then... I guess you kind of just get an intuitive feel for your Stand Power, though.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Nessus posted:

I wonder how he even knows about it then... I guess you kind of just get an intuitive feel for your Stand Power, though.

Well I'm sure he's seen everything dying near the gas from the punches, he's just not willing to walk into the cloud and see what happens.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Nessus posted:

As always, this varies significantly from Stand to Stand. Some users seem to completely figure out theirs intuitively (for example Kira seemed to understand exactly what Bites the Dust does before even using it) while some (such as Koichi) have no clue until they stumble upon some realization or their own Stand just straight up tells them.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 13, 2019

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

tiistai posted:

As always, this varies significantly from Stand to Stand. Some users seem to completely figure out theirs intuitively (for example Kira seemed to understand exactly what Bites the Dust does before even using it) while some (such as Koichi) have no clue until they stumble upon some realization or their own Stand just straight up tells them.
Koichi basically beat the system by getting full-healed and Esuna'd though, so it makes sense he doesn't know what the gently caress is going on.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

tiistai posted:

Kira seemed to understand exactly what Bites the Dust does before even using it

I believed the implication there was that Kira activated Bites the Dust as soon as the arrow penetrated him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
official fanart dump time. Kohei Ashiya is an animator at David Productions who has been working on the show since the very beginning. Sometimes he draws art from manga only stuff tho so be warned

https://twitter.com/asikoh009/status/1086300218239250433

https://twitter.com/asikoh009/status/1081219956547538944

https://twitter.com/asikoh009/status/1095707547414097921

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Frozen is overrated mediocrity but holy poo poo that's a drat good Elsa.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I would have enjoyed Frozen more if Elsa had been the villain/had been a Stand user/joined the X-Men.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
「LET IT GO」

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

How strong are his poses, though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuaufWq452A

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Since he fought Freddy ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVbaYFVUbLo) and apparently survived since he did songs later, he could probably beat Death 13, at least.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rest in pillowy mounds of mashed potato, Uncle Phil

:smith:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

「PRINCE ALI」,tbqh

Augus fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 14, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Augus posted:

「PRINCE ALI」,tbqh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuaufWq452A

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I believed the implication there was that Kira activated Bites the Dust as soon as the arrow penetrated him.

Yeah, maybe, although that doesn't seem to really explain how he knew the mechanics and limitations behind it. Regardless, the point remains that there seems to be users from the entire range of 0-100% intuitive knowledge about their Stand.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Augus posted:

「 FRESH PRINCE ALI」,tbqh

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
https://twitter.com/DC_Douglas/status/1096201597569454086?s=20

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

:stare:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Gotta hand it to him, he's really got a firm grip on the character.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Perfect ending.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that mista vs ghiacco climax, jesus

jojo is truly sakuga now

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I'm so impressed at how good D.C. Douglas is as Kira. Like even beyond the inherent flawless casting of Kira and Wesker sharing the same voice actor, he really is doing as good a take on the character as Morikawa is.

Dude's just really fuckin' good at playing people who look like Bowie

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Definitely a Valentine's Day episode.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Douglas is absolutely incredible, yes. I already loved him as Wesker but roles like Kamoshida and especially Kira have him quickly rising through the ranks as one of my favorite VAs.

And loving hell, I love White Album, and I love just how much I totally forgot about it so the twists and turns would remain surprises. Mista is the greatest.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
PSA there is a short post ED scene again this week

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Mista's skateboard did not at all look exactly like a skateboard in the manga, more like a patchwork square of grass, but gently caress it i'll say it's a change for the better for how cool it makes Mista look

mista is the best

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Giorno and Mista are a dream team and I want more of them together, my goodness.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I'm so glad I forgot about the snowboard, because it was wonderful to experience it again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Expect My Mom posted:

Mista's skateboard did not at all look exactly like a skateboard in the manga, more like a patchwork square of grass, but gently caress it i'll say it's a change for the better for how cool it makes Mista look

mista is the best

Hell yeah

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

extreme sledboarding

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That was a great fight. There was some really clever usage of stands and the stupid poo poo was forgivable because it was badass.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Is this episode the one where the ED is the most appropriate considering the very ending actions of the episode?

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Archenteron posted:

Is this episode the one where the ED is the most appropriate considering the very ending actions of the episode?

was waiting for david to do this from the instant i heard the ED, i knew they were required by law to end an episode on that gag

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
They should have had the music start up while the scene was still going.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
That climax was amazing.

Vento Aureo rules.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

W.T. Fits posted:

That climax was amazing.

Mista's?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i just wanna pop in and say that this particular fight is my favorite from the entirety of part 5. glad the animation is doing it justice

redeemed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The part where Mista is shooting at Ghiaccio on the pole trying to finish him off looks loving amazing.