Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-97XYGGWJfEpBkIE.htm

This little Deli popped up today. It’s so awesome.

Dang, automatic BUT it is a low mileage SUPER EXCEED and at USS. Won't actually know but my guess is 8500~ if not more it will sell for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

If I somehow found one of those Delica TVs I'd feel obligated to spend a fortune on one of those Japan bubble era car video game systems like the FM Towns Car Marty or Game & Car Navi HiSaturn.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Hey somewhat heroic, do you know anything about getting one of these imports through a Wasatch front emissions inspection? That's the one part I am not sure of.

For others in the thread, Utah is unique in that their vintage vehicle registration requires a vehicle at least 30 years old, so if I get say a 93 I am pretty sure I need to emissions test it to get it registered in Utah, right? So then that got me thinking.

I mean obviously it would be a sniffer test and not obdii on a car that old but I am wondering if it will even be allowed to be entered into the system being that the model probably isn't in the state system.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Cool to see all the stuff I grew up with in the JDM dumping ground that is New Zealand but actually cared for.

I can't remember the last time I saw a 4WD Delica here and there used to be tonnes on the road - longevity is (to put it mildly) not great if you don't keep on top of maintenance and very few people here do.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Hey somewhat heroic, do you know anything about getting one of these imports through a Wasatch front emissions inspection? That's the one part I am not sure of.

For others in the thread, Utah is unique in that their vintage vehicle registration requires a vehicle at least 30 years old, so if I get say a 93 I am pretty sure I need to emissions test it to get it registered in Utah, right? So then that got me thinking.

I mean obviously it would be a sniffer test and not obdii on a car that old but I am wondering if it will even be allowed to be entered into the system being that the model probably isn't in the state system.

Pretty sure you just need to go get it sniff tested and get the passing stamp. I am not sure if you have to go to the DMV for chassis verification first or second. This article on Jalopnik of Doug's Skyline said that it can take multiple inspections to verify chassis VIN: https://jalopnik.com/here-s-how-you-register-an-imported-car-with-the-dmv-1687973917

I suspect it will take a few trips of driving around to get it figured out though.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Cool, that's what I am hoping for. I'd be interested to hear how it goes for your boss (and you, provided you find a suitable vehicle!)

One of my biggest pet peeves here is the inability to register vintage cars at 25 years - I want to roll around in a 90s jdm on vintage plates, dang it! 😉

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

As far as kei is concerned they are pretty clean. We had them pass Oregon's emission laws w/o a cat and still come in way under the pretty strict limits.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Femtosecond posted:

If I somehow found one of those Delica TVs I'd feel obligated to spend a fortune on one of those Japan bubble era car video game systems like the FM Towns Car Marty or Game & Car Navi HiSaturn.

I can't tell if you're making those up or not.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Femtosecond posted:

You can sometimes find a Car Marty on YAJ but it's pretty expensive unless it's missing the magic proprietary cables or something.

IIRC some models of the Delica have a built in karaoke system.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 15, 2019

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You can sometimes find a Car Marty on YAJ but it's pretty expensive unless it's missing the magic proprietary cables or something.

IIRC some models of the Delica have a built in karaoke system.

KakerMix posted:

And here is where we (might) upload scans for manuals we get with our vehicles:

Mitsubishi Delica L300 Owner's manual

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
kaker, when you have pulled aftermarket head units in your vehicles have they been done right (used an adapter) or been spliced in? I have just a blinking fujitsu aftermarket in prado and thought about ordering just a double din OEM toyota something cheap from eBay (or going to pick and pull next weekend)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

everdave posted:

kaker, when you have pulled aftermarket head units in your vehicles have they been done right (used an adapter) or been spliced in? I have just a blinking fujitsu aftermarket in prado and thought about ordering just a double din OEM toyota something cheap from eBay (or going to pick and pull next weekend)

Always been hacked and sliced in.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Always been hacked and sliced in.

that is what I was worries about

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

everdave posted:

that is what I was worries about

Get a reverse harness to repair it and then redo it the right way.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Lost out on another car last night. This one was looking to be the most promising but still not as nice as I would have hoped for. Bid 350, it sold at 390. Sincerely Kaker if you lived closer I would totally just buy a Jimny off of you.

I am genuinely questioning whether or not to just see if I can get this bought and shipped out: https://auc.japancardirect.com/on-K9R8hjpXRmoUe.htm

To have an inspection done like we get at the auctions runs a bit higher (about $300). Even still the pics posted here and at auction show it very clean. Parts are relatively cheap for the engine and the thing is easy to work on. This thing seems to tick all the right boxes. Should I send Yoshi after this one and just get it done? Help me out.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My opinion is just be patient. I know it may seem you are missing out but they’re not running out of cars. Wait for the right one and bid to win when you find it. Or just keep bidding low or average and I see stuff go out of the blue for low. I only paid 600 for my absolutely rust free Prado but JCD know I’m a cheapskate and I bid low. But I’ve bought 2 so far. Kaker May feel totally different.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Lost out on another car last night. This one was looking to be the most promising but still not as nice as I would have hoped for. Bid 350, it sold at 390. Sincerely Kaker if you lived closer I would totally just buy a Jimny off of you.

I am genuinely questioning whether or not to just see if I can get this bought and shipped out: https://auc.japancardirect.com/on-K9R8hjpXRmoUe.htm

To have an inspection done like we get at the auctions runs a bit higher (about $300). Even still the pics posted here and at auction show it very clean. Parts are relatively cheap for the engine and the thing is easy to work on. This thing seems to tick all the right boxes. Should I send Yoshi after this one and just get it done? Help me out.

To echo everdave, just hang out and wait. If you buy that Jimny that you aren't 100% into then next day there is going to be THE ONE suddenly and you won't be available to buy it. To go against everdave though, I'd bid what you are willing to pay. We're trying to make money so it can pay to be cheap. If I was buying for personal use though I bid hard and high so I KNOW I'll win.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I guess that’s the thing is the one I linked DOES tick all the right boxes. Looks good, roof rack, fog lights, stock, clean interior. The only thing it lacks would be the clinometers which I should be able to add. Like if that one ticks all the right boxes I should just buy it right?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I guess that’s the thing is the one I linked DOES tick all the right boxes. Looks good, roof rack, fog lights, stock, clean interior. The only thing it lacks would be the clinometers which I should be able to add. Like if that one ticks all the right boxes I should just buy it right?

Yeah but it doesn't tick the boxes right? On paper sure but there certainly seems to be a hesitation. If there weren't you wouldn't be asking us to convince you to take the dive. I don't think that Jimny is for you :shrug:

You know what IS for you though:

1993 F78 Daihatsu Rugger (I'm the OK guy)

http://puu.sh/CMRhb/d72b3e504d.pdf

and for a 1991 Mazda Bongo truck (I'm the gas pump)

http://puu.sh/CMRoz/ac5418954d.pdf

and finally for a 1991 Toyota Prado (I;m thinking about thos Winch)

http://puu.sh/CMRy9/a7b635c528.pdf

also a sales brochure for the L300 Delica, the thing is pretty big, too big to fit completely on our scanner so the edges are cut off. Maybe later we'll focus just on the pictures themselves.

http://puu.sh/CMRJ6/f2c64e2536.pdf

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 16, 2019

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Been using the Prado as the daily around town. Very easy to live with. Great truck.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

everdave fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 16, 2019

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

The only reason I didn’t go for it was because after I found it on the dealer lot I told yoshi and he was like ‘nah we will just get one for you at auction’. Nothing has come up since that has been as enticing as that. So I was just going off what Yoshi said, sort of brushing it off. I think I’ll email him tomorrow morning and see if he can get a pic of the engine bay and a final price.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Prado is sold :toot:

Also I've been wrestling the Kaiju all weekend, but today I vanquished it. It's too dark now but I'll throw up some pictures tomorrow.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

"Oh hey, a Rugger on BaT, wonder if Kaker has..."

That first picture is perfect.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

IOwnCalculus posted:

:c00l:

Seemed like the best way to get a bunch of people with money who might not have ever heard or seen a Rugger to notice it, we'll see how this one goes.

Only some very minor things to do on the inside of the Delica before we move on to the outside, got all that rubber poo poo off.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

I like how the light pole looks like a wind up key :kimchi:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I gotta admit I’m surprised you’re moving on from that Rugger as soon as you are. The Deli is that good yeah? That dog totally makes the whole listing though. I love it’s the cover photo.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I gotta admit I’m surprised you’re moving on from that Rugger as soon as you are. The Deli is that good yeah? That dog totally makes the whole listing though. I love it’s the cover photo.

BaT decided that was going to be the cover photo so that's on them, I just sent them all along. In the comments I guess there was another listing (or listings) where a guy has a dog but its never been on the cover photo.
As for the Rugger, eh. It didn't stick with my wife and I so we figured might as well sell it while it's all ready to go. It's a fantastic truck but if the oomph isn't there then it isn't there. We do have the Prado coming soon that we expect to become our real car as we liked the 2 door one so much. Plus we have the HiAce that will be here in early March along with the Domingo that comes with the Prado.

The Delica is rad as hell yeah, but we submitted the Rugger to BaT before we had it since we had already decided.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Kaker, have you considered selling dogs?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I guess you could import an Akita or something

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

dphi posted:

I guess you could import an Akita or something

Jacksonville has an Akita rescue if any one is looking for an Akita. But in car news the AZ-1 is suppose to be here on march 1 but havn't receive the title yet on it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I'm worried that BaT is scaling up too fast. It used to be that you could reasonably follow all the listings happening in a day (which isn't correlated to bidders on any given auction, of course), but now they have so many interested sellers that they've doubled cars going per day, and I feel like it's no longer a boutique site with very selective listings. And yet they haven't figured out a better presentation format to really show potential bidders the cars they might be interested in.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

I'm worried that BaT is scaling up too fast. It used to be that you could reasonably follow all the listings happening in a day (which isn't correlated to bidders on any given auction, of course), but now they have so many interested sellers that they've doubled cars going per day, and I feel like it's no longer a boutique site with very selective listings. And yet they haven't figured out a better presentation format to really show potential bidders the cars they might be interested in.

I've actually gone from obsessively checking it every day to every day or three scrolling through seeing if something interesting catches my eye otherwise I just close the tab (the Rugger would def be one that would catch my eye). Agreed too many cars, but if it is working for the sellers great. They denied the Majesta (which is probably good I made more than I would have there).

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

lol what the gently caress why did they use a skylite roof model and just cover it up with abortive train details? lol

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

That is distressing.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Seems like an exterior rating of "3" has to be a bit generous.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
what

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ buy that train. What the hell is wrong with you.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ok this is even more distressing gatdamn

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Kaker how did you sleep on this Jimny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
more like G-imny amirite