Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dr Subterfuge posted:

E: Actually, is there any reason not to think that Maya just killed the previous holder of Incubus’s key and never took it?

She could have, but Zoss was just giving them out for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

E: Actually, is there any reason not to think that Maya just killed the previous holder of Incubus’s key and never took it?

That was how I'd interpreted what's been revealed about Auntie's history. That she could have taken the key and throne, but chose not to. Also, since Incubus is the youngest/newest of the demiurges, I'd imagine that it's after Zoss was giving them out to his buddies.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I literally just mean some kind of cleanup and de-demiurgification of the cosmos is a good idea. I've been resisting saying 'establish universal autonomy and a diplomatic body with representatives from every universe, in a democratic cosmic association' because that would in fact be out of tone.
Unless you're saying 'assassinate tyrants but no reconstruction aid or support' is the ideal way to deal with the world.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Joe Slowboat posted:

Unless you're saying 'assassinate tyrants but no reconstruction aid or support' is the ideal way to deal with the world.

Omniversal Anarchy. No Gods, No Masters.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Lights posted:

Omniversal Anarchy. No Gods, No Masters.

Sure, just, also community reconstruction to prevent the rise of new gods/masters in the immediate aftermath. Democracy isn't incompatible with anarchy!

But, uh, my main point is that there's more or less destructive ways for Allison to end the cycle, and 'let the cosmos burn' is not much less destructive than 'become the new Zoss, same as the old Zoss'

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SniperWoreConverse posted:

gog is such a hosed up creep it's gonna be cool when she gets real screentime

I can't wait to see how Abbadon tops Evil Enkidel.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I hope book five starts with Allison being told to google bookchin, wherein she then teleports to Rojava and learns about communal councils before bringing the concept back to throne :)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The pile of empty cups surrounding the throne?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, since Incubus is the youngest/newest of the demiurges, I'd imagine that it's after Zoss was giving them out to his buddies.

None of the early demiurges that cut their own way in after Zoss survived the war.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Conquering King Allison, holder of the word "Don't."

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019

Bilirubin posted:

The pile of empty cups surrounding the throne?

it turns out the reason why incubus's place is filled w festering meat is that maya took all the alcohol w her and they have nothing left to pair

White Coke
May 29, 2015

MikeJF posted:

None of the early demiurges that cut their own way in after Zoss survived the war.

Did any of the current demiurges come to power before Zoss left?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Based on metaphorical flashback images they all were demiurges before the war (or at least before the war reached Throne proper).
I imagine they were all relatively minor until they fought and survived their way to the top of the heap.
Except Gog-Agog who's been implied to be unspeakably old and a huge mess, no idea what that's about.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Lady Glacier was, if not old like Gog-Agog, seemingly decently high up and/or more powerful than the rest given her proximity to the Conquering King and her crown

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I thought there were a shitton of demiurges after Zoss set up shop, and when Zoss left a huge fight kicked off between a krilliton of demiurges? Our current seven surviving in part because they were all bros. Or at least, most of them were bros, that's how they ended up beating everyone else.

Also, looking back through the comic... there's a very real possibility that Jadis misled everyone about who the successor truly is. My immediate, non-considered surmise is that she wants to die and that she needs the Successor to do it, so she told the meeting of the Seven that the successor was poor, dumbass Zaid.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Lady Glacier was, if not old like Gog-Agog, seemingly decently high up and/or more powerful than the rest given her proximity to the Conquering King and her crown

Yeah, she was immensely powerful until she peeked the truth of the universe, whereupon she saw she was in Abbadon's tablet next to a tab containing Something Awful and Twitter and it broke her brain.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

habeasdorkus posted:

I thought there were a shitton of demiurges after Zoss set up shop, and when Zoss left a huge fight kicked off between a krilliton of demiurges? Our current seven surviving in part because they were all bros. Or at least, most of them were bros, that's how they ended up beating everyone else.

Also, looking back through the comic... there's a very real possibility that Jadis misled everyone about who the successor truly is. My immediate, non-considered surmise is that she wants to die and that she needs the Successor to do it, so she told the meeting of the Seven that the successor was poor, dumbass Zaid.

There were a limited number of demiurges at first when the only demiurges were the ones that cut their way in manually. Later on there were a lot more after the gates were opened up and people were able to ascend to power by taking advantage of others instead of having to reach Throne entirely on their own, or were born into it from the first generation. The later generation was much less wise than the early ones.

Eventually war broke out when enough of them wanted to conquer the universe, soon after that Zoss vanished.

All of the current Demiurges are from that second generation that came to Throne after the gates were opened or were born there and acquired power via others.

The current seven survived because of their alliance, although it probably formed near the end of the war. Bros may be overstating it somewhat though.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 15, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

winterwerefox posted:

Im caught up on the comic, I just want to say, listen to this and read the next few pages for scene music from when Incubus shows up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDpmVUEjagg

:agreed:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

destroy throne and murder the keys

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

AriadneThread posted:

destroy throne and murder the keys

What if Alison re-upholsters the Throne and loses the keys behind the Eternal Couch?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It would be right and proper for Allison to destroy the keys and un-make divinity after the finale.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous, permanent revolution. :ussr:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Al-yis-un, in her final act of destroying the keys, will at that moment be at the peak of her royalty and will no longer need them.

Although I think we're all missing the implications from some of the stories below the comic that seem to have Alison doing a third conquest sort of deal. and the nontemporality of her showing up in the alt comic when the title was first dropped, although that might just be a meta bonus.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
ok ok hear me out: Incubus, but with the voice of Hades from Disney's Hercules

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
the pyf forum quotes thread is talking about avs, and it got me thinking

I don't know precisely what royalty is, and possibly never will, but I do know avs embodies the concept better than anyone else around here

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

animist posted:

ok ok hear me out: Incubus, but with the voice of Hades from Disney's Hercules

Jagganoth but with the voice of Donald Duck.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Oh hey, we actually heard 'bout this guy before: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-130-133-siege-of-yre/

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Phy posted:

I don't know precisely what royalty is, and possibly never will, but I do know avs embodies the concept better than anyone else around here
Monomaniacal and really into unbirthing?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1096570096313683969

holy poo poo that reveal

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

He am become death

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So I'm guessing that line about the suns of the world Solomon and Zaid are on means that world was Rayuba, painstakingly reconstructed to be even better than it was before Yemmod came?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

So I'm guessing that line about the suns of the world Solomon and Zaid are on means that world was Rayuba, painstakingly reconstructed to be even better than it was before Yemmod came?

Seems pretty likely. The imagery of the land sloping gently down into the sea matches.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

his Pride is even more profound than we knew, and it was already pretty extreme

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reach heaven through violence

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I wonder what happens if you combine Ki Rata with Empty Palm.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Reach heaven through anime violence. That man doesn't have any bones.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Manual of Hands and Feet posted:

When I arrived there hoping for some insight, I witnessed such a duel between a low-ranking monk of the style and a well-known master of Pilgrim fist. Within three moves, the monk, a rather short fellow, use a two finger one-point technique to completely vaporize the bones in both the master’s arms.

PMush Perfect posted:

Reach heaven through anime violence. That man doesn't have any bones.

Not anymore he doesn't.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Also, holy gently caress that was awesome. I am fanboying all over Swolemon David.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wow, no wonder it's so important to him his successor be strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I am convinced his tourney is going to be shittons of sons murdered.