Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The House of Edwards does not have a great track record so I will have low expectations of Plastique and I hope that means I will be easily impressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Silky or bust.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Pinwiz11 posted:

Silky or bust.

Silky 2020

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

Silky or bust.

Silky brings me so much joy, I'm already invested in her getting a good edit if not going all the way. Even if she's dogshit in every challenge I hope she and Vanjie stay around to past mid-season so we can hear them foghorning at each other across the werk room every week.

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008
I was watching another video of the queens for season 11 and I just can't get over how bad Soju's lipstick is. It's so distracting. Is this a deliberate aesthetic choice because of some style or trend I'm unaware of? I looked her up and saw her wearing the same super opaque badly drawn lips in another vid. It looks so amateurish, she says in her interview video she's a k-pop princess but isn't k-pop makeup more sheer and shiny? I am expecting her to go week 1 tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JM5kVuU4Tw&t=155s

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Flossie posted:

I was watching another video of the queens for season 11 and I just can't get over how bad Soju's lipstick is. It's so distracting. Is this a deliberate aesthetic choice because of some style or trend I'm unaware of?

Holy poo poo, SAME. I thought her look was pretty cute overall, but the lipstick really is distracting. I also wonder if it's deliberate, but it doesn't look wrong enough to look right.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Eej posted:

Wonder if Naomi is gonna survive the internet shitstorm (hope she doesn't)

Just finished catching up because I've been too lazy to pirate the show and VH1 has had to ruin every aspect of the show including putting it behind loving paywalls but ANYWAY so much this.

Between the winner getting sent home and Latrice being lovely and now gone, I'm firmly team nobody. I guess Monet? gently caress Naomi, and somebody needs to tell Monique forced catch phrases aren't a substitute for a personality.

At least DRT is good and p'Pan Pan won't let me down.

edit: I forget a lot of people are relatively new to drag race in the grand scheme of things so for reference, for years you could just watch every episode, as it aired, free on Logo's website.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

big black turnout posted:

Just finished catching up because I've been too lazy to pirate the show and VH1 has had to ruin every aspect of the show including putting it behind loving paywalls but ANYWAY so much this.

edit: I forget a lot of people are relatively new to drag race in the grand scheme of things so for reference, for years you could just watch every episode, as it aired, free on Logo's website.

Chrome. Incognito mode. You can create a new account each week to watch VH1 for 24 hours, including the livestream. It's how I've been watching it every week.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

Toast Museum posted:

Holy poo poo, SAME. I thought her look was pretty cute overall, but the lipstick really is distracting. I also wonder if it's deliberate, but it doesn't look wrong enough to look right.

She seems to do each lip seperately with like, a cat eye in the corner, which is what makes it look clowny to me. It'd be fine if she just didn't go so heavy in the corners.

This is what she'd look like without that:

Girl we can fix this together

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Nihonniboku posted:

Chrome. Incognito mode. You can create a new account each week to watch VH1 for 24 hours, including the livestream. It's how I've been watching it every week.

Can even use mailinator if you don't want to spend the time creating a new e-mail account each week iirc

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I think I might pass on S11. Aside from Vanjie, I have no interest in any of these queens. Drag race burnout

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I think I might pass on S11. Aside from Vanjie, I have no interest in any of these queen’s. Drag race burnout

Try Drag Race Thailand if you're not already watching it. Totally different energy.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

warez posted:

Can even use mailinator if you don't want to spend the time creating a new e-mail account each week iirc

They don't verify the e-mail, you can type in whatever @gmail.com and it works

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I don't like this trend of doing the final performance on a different stage. LET THE QUEENS OUT OF THE PHANTOM ZONE DAMMIT

e: WHAT

This editing is hilarious.

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 16, 2019

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
lol what on Earth was that ending

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
That was such a boring finale, mediocre song, pointless cameos, bad editing. Overall the season grew boring after Manila left

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Monet launched a video the moment the episode ended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhyriQII3jY

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
desperately hoping the finale airs on Stan before I go to work on back to back doubles over the next two days, the drag race fans at work have made it very clear they do not respect the concept of irl spoilers for drag race

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

this was a bad finale. this whole thing was stupid lmao.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
...............okay

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

All Stars 3: Ima have the most disappointing finale!
All Stars 4: Hold my beer...

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:psyduck:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

massive lol

officially Rupaul's Best Friends Race

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

something was really weird about rus upper lip makeup and it distracted me entirely from what happened, who won?!?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

imagine trying to dual crown anyone alongside manila, its like a koan

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

other good observations you can use when talking about this episode with your friends: "oh so thats where the entire budget for this season went"

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvGopsM1G9g

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Why does this feel so unsatisfying?

Everyone did a competent job in the performance, but the song was just so meh it didn't matter. Then throw some more disproportionately directed shade towards Monique. End it all with a merely-ok lip sync, where the results don't seem to have any bearing on the final call.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Well, that was anticlimactic.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It's a very hollow conclusion. Trinity did worse in the lip sync, Monet did worse in the competition, and this seemingly last minute, meeting-halfway decision just leaves everyone unsatisfied. Manilaaa, we needed you. She's not even my favorite of the season, but if her being in the top 4 as the obvious winner could've prevented this...

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Tag yourself I'm Toddrick Hall confidently pronouncing "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" wrong.

I am. Just so tired of reveals where the look from before the reveal is better. As if all the thought into the reveal went into "how can i quickly remove a part of my outfit" as opposed to "how can emphasize a cool outfit by juxtaposing it with a different outfit." Naomi's dress tonight (and alaska's lil' poundcake from AS2) is the best example of that. Naomi turned a really cool silhouette into...yet another complicated swimsuity thing that shows off her legs. Like yeah legs are your whole thing but please realize when the legs make it worse. Please stop reveals for the sake of revealing something. Sometimes a dress can just be a dress. Same, though lesser, with Trinity. Make the teacup titties a part of the original outfit and take the reveal out.

Wh....what's this editing?
They absolutely pulled a normal season "film multiple endings" except they spliced them together.

Can we please wait until season 14 for another all stars. I don't need any more of this, thanks.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

what in the actual gently caress was that

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

I'm happy they won and relieved this is all over. I fully think this is the best they could do because Manila was the obvious winner. Of course, both gals deserve good things. Lip sync seemed underdone, edits were weird, Ru indeed had an upper lip thing, and it felt like everybody was just already packing up in the last few minutes of class.

On to the next one.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Jr. posted:

I'm happy they won and relieved this is all over. I fully think this is the best they could do because Manila was the obvious winner.

This is how I feel. I'm happy with that outcome, things being as they were. I'm clearly in the minority!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
"I'm a Scorpio, so I'm still mad at her for eliminating Manila" Wow, Carson, way to attack me, personally.

My exact reaction at the end of the episode was "well that was... a season of Drag Race... I guess." It was just so... bland

Also thanks for the VH1 tips they'll be useful next week when I have to start watching another season of this show.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
That was awful.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Ubiquitous_ posted:

That was awful.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I like them both, but I don't think either is really up to the standard of the other All Stars winners. I blame the electoral college. :argh:

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

imagine trying to dual crown anyone alongside manila, its like a koan

Yeah they had to try to duct tape two other queens together to equal one Manila and it just came out like Brett's camera phone from FoTC.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 16, 2019

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i don't begrudge the winners at all, i love trinity and came around to monet this season a lot.

but god drat that sort of ending completely undermines like... the whole point of the whole show. if there's more than one winner, why not have four winners? why not have ten? it's the sort of twist that makes me think "the judges just could not give a gently caress about making a hard decision". but even that is nonsense, because they had two crowns, two hundred thousand doolahs, etc etc.

i guess my problem with it is, it forces you to think more about the production of the show, rather than the performances of the queens.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

AS1 not lookin so bad these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

alf_pogs posted:

i don't begrudge the winners at all

This. I'm happy both of them got their coin and a space in the HoF but that ending after last year (and Trinity's failed cartwheel) I'm just... what?

tote up a bags posted:

AS1 not lookin so bad these days

No, that was bad too. :v:

e: With the regular seasons at least we have the final "live" LSFYL battle royale to look forward to. AS4 peaked with the returning queens episode.