Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/suL56fT.jpg

Look at how much we don't need Figuarts anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Zi-O 2 is cool as heck and I love the color scheme. I'm so glad Decade Armor is dead because goddamn was that form horribly ugly and dull. It didn't even use the Heisei upgrade forms interestingly. Heisaber (HEY! SAY!) was sweet, but Saikyo Glade seems cool too so it's okay. You can tell no one cared because it was never used past the first 5 episodes of its debut. It's awesome how the mirror world and Mirror Sougo actually factored into the plot and acquiring the Zi-O 2 upgrade. Very good episode, excellent arc that brought in Ryuki characters nicely, and I'm really enjoying the direction the show's going in.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 15, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Zi-O 2 is cool as heck and I love the color scheme. I'm so glad Decade Armor is dead because goddamn was that form horribly ugly and dull. It didn't even use the Heisei upgrade forms interestingly. Heisaber (HEY! SAY!) was sweet, but Saikyo Glade seems cool too so it's okay. You can tell no one cared because it was never used past the first 5 episodes of its debut. It's awesome how the mirror world and Mirror Sougo actually factored into the plot and acquiring the Zi-O 2 upgrade. Very good episode, excellent arc that brought in Ryuki characters nicely, and I'm really enjoying the direction the show's going in.

That he didn't use the proper Ridewatch to defeat the monster is a slight plot hole, but rule of cool I guess.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Burkion posted:

https://i.imgur.com/suL56fT.jpg

Look at how much we don't need Figuarts anymore
Can someone describe what I'm looking at and why it is or isn't good?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Can someone describe what I'm looking at and why it is or isn't good?

Let me clarify

I loving love these things. I think they're easily comparable to Figuarts in terms of quality, maybe better, for only 20 bucks each, and they're way more willing to do out there stuff like Lord Zedd and other villain designs.

The fact that they gave Lord Zedd his tubing and made it a seperate piece is everything I could have asked for and never would have expected.

These are the Hasbro Lightning Collection figures, their adult collector line for Power Rangers. Each Ranger will come with a human head sculpt as well that blow the Figuarts version out of the water.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
call me when they make a fourze one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Burkion posted:

Each Ranger will come with a human head sculpt as well that blow the Figuarts version out of the water.

Or Anubian, in the case of one Mr. Kruger.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xelkelvos posted:

That he didn't use the proper Ridewatch to defeat the monster is a slight plot hole, but rule of cool I guess.

It isn't a plot hole, it's a demonstration of the power Sougo now has. With complete control over time, the usual rules just don't matter anymore to him.

It's the kind of situation that'd be epic but Zi-O plays it for horror instead, Sougo obtaining this puts him closer than ever to becoming Oma Zi-O, and by all means he's completely unstoppable now, and will only grow even more powerful.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Elfgames posted:

hiiro's girlfriend does not taiga's buddy does and the treatment to bring bugsters back to life was completed so technically anyone can come back i think except maybe masamune and kuroto. but my fanfiction movie has kuroto having infected kiriya with himself and then the two get to use Doctor mighty XX to transform.

I’m pretty sure that the Build novel, that uses another Kuroto backup, introduces Emu’s dad as a Bad Dad and the man who actually created the virus, and ends with GOD MMX vs Hyper Muteki, was reduced to novel form simply because it’s so loving similar to Build’s endgame to be infuriating.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Xelkelvos posted:

That's why they went ahead and made it explicit that they couldn't get the Ryuki ridewatch, creating a situation where you need to find a way around the previously established rules.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

King of Solomon posted:

That's why they went ahead and made it explicit that they couldn't get the Ryuki ridewatch, creating a situation where you need to find a way around the previously established rules.

They couldn't get the Ryuga Ridewatch, which is the one needed here. The Ryuki Ridewatch could probably easily be obtained off Shinji, but there's no point in doing it since the toy was already sold there's no Another Ryuki running around.

For reference, the Ryuga Ridewatch also doesn't exist in reality, so there'd be no point in having it here for sales purpouses. The only secondary Rider from Ryuki that's gotten a Watch released is Knight so far.

You know what secondary Rider did get a Ridewatch though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmY7MdRruCA
"The G3 with upgraded weaponry and armour is...G3-X!"
"Armor Time! G3-X!"
"Finish Time! Launcher Time Break/Burst!"

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 16, 2019

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
It’s sad when the one guy who can’t summon his armor out of nothing gets priority over a main Rider. But, let’s be honest, Shinji was never the “main” Rider of his series.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 16, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm surprised they didn't get Goro for the Ryuki arc since his actor is toku for life. But Zio II and the ramifications of it are pretty sweet.

Am I reading the wiki stuff correctly that the Shinobi and the Ryuki new episodes are going to be one shot episode deals?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So if this is the kind of poo poo Zi-O II and by extension Oma Zi-O can do, what does Geiz Revive have going on?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He jobs extra hard, with flashier effects

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blaze Dragon posted:

For reference, the Ryuga Ridewatch also doesn't exist in reality, so there'd be no point in having it here for sales purpouses.

Ummm....

(yes I know it's premium bandai and not a standard release but the point stands)

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

mateo360 posted:

Ummm....

(yes I know it's premium bandai and not a standard release but the point stands)

Technically that's the Another Ryuga Ridewatch. :haw:

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm down with Overlord Baron 2.0, sure.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You leave my beautiful banana boy out of this!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Except for the first fight.

I really hope they steer clear of spectre 2.0

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Blockhouse posted:

So if this is the kind of poo poo Zi-O II and by extension Oma Zi-O can do, what does Geiz Revive have going on?

Does Oma Zi-O exist since Kikaider Rider is from further in the future than his reign?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Kikai is third Woz Rider so he's from Geiz branch of things.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mateo360 posted:

Ummm....

You have no point. I said the Ryuga Ridewatch, which that is most definitely not. There's a difference between a Ridewatch and an Anotherwatch, unless now every Rider is a weird monstrosity, which would be really cool tbh, the Another Rider designs are on point.

GuyUpNorth posted:

Kikai is third Woz Rider so he's from Geiz branch of things.

Which, by the way, also proves White Woz is either actively hiding the truth or genuinely has no idea what happens after his time despite being the future-themed Rider, because a world where humanity's enslaved by machines sure as hell doesn't seem like a peaceful future to me.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Blaze Dragon posted:

You have no point. I said the Ryuga Ridewatch, which that is most definitely not. There's a difference between a Ridewatch and an Anotherwatch, unless now every Rider is a weird monstrosity, which would be really cool tbh, the Another Rider designs are on point.

Which, by the way, also proves White Woz is either actively hiding the truth or genuinely has no idea what happens after his time despite being the future-themed Rider, because a world where humanity's enslaved by machines sure as hell doesn't seem like a peaceful future to me.

I feel like that’s the sort of thing Black Woz should bring up: the future with new Kamen Riders is one doomed to face new existential threats with mass casualties every year. Look at the last main villain: the only reason he didn’t devour the world before the climax is because he was waiting to find a way to move on after eating it with less effort.

Oma Zi-O, horrible as he may be, keeps some level of consistency and ensures nothing can threaten the planet again. They need to explain why he’s so loyal to a genocidal madman to begin with and considering him a lesser evil is a good place to start.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, that one is on me. Misinterpreted

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaze Dragon posted:

You have no point. I said the Ryuga Ridewatch, which that is most definitely not. There's a difference between a Ridewatch and an Anotherwatch, unless now every Rider is a weird monstrosity, which would be really cool tbh, the Another Rider designs are on point

There's literally zero difference between good riders and bad rider you idiot you moron you fool

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There's literally zero difference between good riders and bad rider you idiot you moron you fool

too early in the year for kaixaposting

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Go ahead, keep rolling me, it only makes my opinions worse

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TokuNation/status/1096865562146177024

Gamestop exclusive

The drat wings have articulation.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/TokuNation/status/1096865562146177024

Gamestop exclusive

The drat wings have articulation.

if this sells enough, Gamestop investors will require employees to dress in full Power Ranger kit from now on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Now make them all do the Kyoryuger dance.
All of them.
I will forgive everything LuPat did if they do the dance

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Feb 17, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Now make them all do the Kyoryuger dance.
All of them.
I will forgive everything LuPat did if they do the dance

LuPat should have ended on a dance battle for the last of the collection pieces.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

2nd version of Ultraman R/B The Movie trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idRdo06uTl8

I think they realized they screwed up in the first version, second version has somewhat more baked CGI.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://over-ti.me/releases/super-sentai-strongest-battle-01/

Super Sentai Smash Bros is out.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The actor for Marvellous both seems to have gotten old, and at the same time hasn't aged a day.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

It's always nice to see Marvelous again and this special reminded me how much I adore Yamato. What a great Red. A responsible adult with a job and also his own issues that he works through during the series. He's so good.

On the other hand Takaharu's presence made me very nervous because I was flinching at his every line, knowing it was coming and unable to do anything to prevent it. moete kitaaaa

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Takaharu seems to have mellowed out a good deal. He's more tolerable than in his home series.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Being around other people who seem likely to clip him around the ears to shut him up probably helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Go-On Red sure made me feel old. He had the David Yost thing of being hired for the role just before his youth disappeared, as it's been ten years but he looked pretty much like this just three seasons later.