Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dec 26, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

actor Jeffery Wright spent all of 2016 having a meltdown about Bernie bros on Twitter lol

also that one dude from like the wire I think who punched a female Bernie supporter

related, the fact that jeffery wright owns a literal gold mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Easy Diff posted:

Best buds with Kissinger and employer of Kissinger's kids

is there any direct connection between O'Brien and Henry Kissinger or is it just his son? i couldn't find anything though i did find a video of O'Brien having dinner with Netanyahu. but his show's probably going to be canceled soon so it doesn't matter much.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

nice twatter jack

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
it seems like every year there's another "next" social media site that tries and fails to draw away more than a fringe minority of people from facebook. The handful of people that put any stake in it are always weird libertarians who announce their departure like anyone fuckin cares, and then quietly reappear on Facebook in a month when it's clear that MeWe or whatever is a cold turd

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Was it a Time Magazine editor who said after either the OKC bombing or that guy flying a plane into that IRS building that "White people can't be terrorists"?

e: Thinking back it had to be after 9/11 because there was this huge thing in the media about how only middle easterners could ever do a terrorism

ClassActionFursuit has issued a correction as of 08:41 on Feb 16, 2019

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Just for a laugh I went to verrit.com and it redirects to their Twitter account that is set to private. What a spectacular way to fail.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

jobson groeth posted:

Just for a laugh I went to verrit.com and it redirects to their Twitter account that is set to private. What a spectacular way to fail.

Hm, can you verify that this is a trustworthy fact?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol remember the journoLIST scandal.

Lmao.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
The Fake News Awards

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the mccain dot gif where its like a spider bouncing down the road idk

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEqwGK205aM

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g
If anybody asks what the USA is, this is the answer.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Hedenius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g
If anybody asks what the USA is, this is the answer.

always lol when i remember that trump stiffed them because of course he would

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G9jA-FGGd8

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

when John Podesta walked out on the stage and told everyone to go home

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

A Handed Missus posted:

How any thrown whiskey bottles in hill's hotel room do you imagine

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I truly hope someday, someone who was present when Hillary found out/realized Trump had won decides to write about it.

I remember hearing that there were already transition meetings scheduled with the outgoing white house staff before the election. Everybody thought it was a done deal and the fallout must've been AMAZING.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Javid posted:

I truly hope someday, someone who was present when Hillary found out/realized Trump had won decides to write about it.

I remember hearing that there were already transition meetings scheduled with the outgoing white house staff before the election. Everybody thought it was a done deal and the fallout must've been AMAZING.

i legit believe that there was never a point where anyone said it, and when the networks started calling Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, Hillary just grabbed a nearby bottle of alcohol and started getting as hammered as possible as quick as possible and all her toadies just sat around in increasing awkwardness as they all understood that she should call Trump and concede then go talk with her supporters but she was way too drunk to do either

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Javid posted:

https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/861968849712939008

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Azathoth posted:

i legit believe that there was never a point where anyone said it, and when the networks started calling Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, Hillary just grabbed a nearby bottle of alcohol and started getting as hammered as possible as quick as possible and all her toadies just sat around in increasing awkwardness as they all understood that she should call Trump and concede then go talk with her supporters but she was way too drunk to do either

drat dont humanize her

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she probably berated the staff until she got tuckered out, which honestly wouldn't take that long.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Rex-Goliath posted:

also lol that they sued him for it, then the dad settled for a table at a rally to sell cds. And when they got to the rally there was no table, so they sued for that, and then just dropped the suit

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fish steer a dhow pretending to be black in LF for like 2 years for some reason

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

A Handed Missus posted:

hillary not conceding was one of the funniest things this planet has ever produced

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Azathoth posted:

drat it turns out hilldog actually owns

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

megalodong posted:

also lol that they sued him for it, then the dad settled for a table at a rally to sell cds. And when they got to the rally there was no table, so they sued for that, and then just dropped the suit

wow sounds like a real bastamaniac

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

hillary not conceding was one of the funniest things this planet has ever produced

I remember after the Clintons left the White House in '01 there was some bullshit story about how they loaded up their trailer with all sorts of historical memorabilia from the White House and drove off into the sunset, reverse-Beverly Hillbillies style

for some reason every time I bring it up with people who came of age in that era someone inevitably chimes in swearing up and down that the incident is 100% unvarnished truth

Dec 26, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

it's the only logical ending to their existence in the campaign, honestly

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Filthy Hans posted:

I remember after the Clintons left the White House in '01 there was some bullshit story about how they loaded up their trailer with all sorts of historical memorabilia from the White House and drove off into the sunset, reverse-Beverly Hillbillies style

for some reason every time I bring it up with people who came of age in that era someone inevitably chimes in swearing up and down that the incident is 100% unvarnished truth

removing the W keys from the keyboards was epic lmao :xd:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

tbf, that sounds exactly like something they would do and I guarantee they would have if the could've gotten away with it

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The expression, "Arzying".

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Krazyface posted:

The expression, "Arzying".

I still don't know what this is

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I still don't know what this is

Arzy was a poster who in 2008 was in a constant state of panic over Obama's election chances

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

John McCain's illegitimate black child.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Arzy was a poster who in 2008 was in a constant state of panic over Obama's election chances

didn't he go lolbertarian later on in his posting career

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Homeless Friend posted:

i’m wondering how much of this was the shock at actually losing, being unable to accept that they’d lost, or genuinely believing that the election must have been compromised. probably all three simultaneously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Rex-Goliath posted:

i’m wondering how much of this was the shock at actually losing, being unable to accept that they’d lost, or genuinely believing that the election must have been compromised. probably all three simultaneously

It was extremely good writing for the universe, that there was a whole controversy in the runup to the election where trump wouldn't promise to concede if he lost the election. He said I'll respect the legitimate results of the vote, if i win. The media acted appalled and aghast like this was an earthshatteringly terrible answer. then hillary lost and wouldn't concede 😂😂😂😂😂