Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

TrueChaos posted:

You know, when sending these alerts out, there's also the chance that it spooks whoever's taken the kid into killing said kid, right? And, conflicting reports that amber alerts actually save lives? http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2008/07/20/abducted/

Thanks I appreciate your post! That looks like a good read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

apatheticman posted:

Arivia have you tried weighted blankets?

Science on them is iffy but the wife finds them great even if it's just for sleep conditioning.

Did you find a canadian manufacturer that's good?

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

xtal posted:

I've had a few friends that bought the Costco one last year and they were happy with it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Those yellow vested idiots are standing around downtown in a blizzard and it's so loving tempting to gently caress with them further.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

So which will it be, fellas? The red pill or the blue pill?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Wtf is going on with blue's beard, was it vandalized onto the picture too?

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Haha no, he just looks weird. I think he looks like the cartoon devil.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

xtal posted:

We got this one as a gift, wife uses it because she kicks in her sleep. Pretty much stopped that day 1.

https://gravid.ca/

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
This isn't the weighted blanket thread, but this just makes me more curious. Why are they all so small? Do you use it in addition to a duvet or whatever?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

xtal posted:

This isn't the weighted blanket thread, but this just makes me more curious. Why are they all so small? Do you use it in addition to a duvet or whatever?

Under the duvet usually, they are so small because it would take a lot to make a big one, it's basically glass beads sewn into pockets so they are as big as they need to be to make you comfortable using them.

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 17, 2019

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I appreciate all of this; thank you. Now, if only we could be so nice about canadian politics.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Raaagh am angry about policy

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kafka Esq. posted:

Raaagh am angry about roll up the rim

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/UnistotenCamp/status/1097030564547244033

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Just smdh if you don't drink McCafe instead of Tim Hortons.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

PT6A posted:

Just smdh if you don't drink McCafe instead of Tim Hortons.

I'd rather drink swill from a company that directly manipulates me through patriotic imagery despite being owned by foreign conglomerates than acknowledge that a clearly American firm produces a better product. :canada:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol just lol if you don't brew your own cappuccino at home every morning on an espresso machine that cost at least four figures

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

vyelkin posted:

lol just lol if you don't brew your own cappuccino at home every morning on an espresso machine that cost at least four figures

Putting milk in coffee is for losers, but I do in fact brew espressos every morning using an unfortunately expensive machine.

Then at work I usually just make instant coffee with Nescafe Gold Espresso (which is perfectly decent coffee), but if I'm going to buy coffee somewhere else, it's usually McCafe and never Tims.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I grind President's Choice beans in a Magic Bullet and then brew it in a Mr. Coffee, thank you very much.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I have a Keurig in my office. I buy whatever compostable coffee pods are on sale.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Raaagh am angry about derail

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I don't know how so many people manage to make Keurig pods that taste worse than the instant coffee I buy. I thought instant was the standard for "horrible coffee" but Nescafe Gold is honestly pretty goddamn good.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

PT6A posted:

I don't know how so many people manage to make Keurig pods that taste worse than the instant coffee I buy. I thought instant was the standard for "horrible coffee" but Nescafe Gold is honestly pretty goddamn good.

Yeah, it's the best instant coffee by a long shot.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Kafka Esq. posted:

Raaagh am angry about derail

The political talk shows are talking to every Liberal except the one Liberal who can actually talk about the Liberal scandal with SNC.

https://twitter.com/MercedesGlobal/status/1097162928892071936

https://twitter.com/MercedesGlobal/status/1097164615455260672

https://twitter.com/MercedesGlobal/status/1097164692894699520

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
You know those kettle expresso things aren't really that hard to use or inconvenient to make expresso with. 50 bucks is all you need to enjoy expresso.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

quote:

expresso

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I drink energy drinks like a child.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

vyelkin posted:

This, but unironically.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Embrace the French press

Re: JWR, is she deliberately avoiding media or are the Libs preventing her to talk publicly?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

Embrace the French press

Re: JWR, is she deliberately avoiding media or are the Libs preventing her to talk publicly?

She's got a tricky mix of cabinet confidentiality and solicitor-client privilege issues to navigate. She said in her resignation letter that she's hired a former SCC justice to advise her on what she's allowed to say publicly.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

You know those kettle expresso things aren't really that hard to use or inconvenient to make expresso with. 50 bucks is all you need to enjoy expresso.

They tend to brew too hot, and they can be a bit of a pain to clean properly. It's a decent coffee, but in the price range you can make better coffee with a French press or a pourover.

Still, none of those things replace instant or takeout coffee, which may be the only option for people who can't brew their own coffee whenever. But just lol if you pick up your morning coffee from a place instead of making it at home.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just whatever you do when it comes to home beverages, don't post on twitter about how you love the Sodastream you got as a christmas gift to make gin fizz's. People will lose it on you.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

zapplez posted:

Just whatever you do when it comes to home beverages, don't post on twitter about how you love the Sodastream you got as a christmas gift to make gin fizz's. People will lose it on you.

I use a soda stream to fizz blood for the anime Bathory living in my basement. Makes her cat ears jiggle.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arivia posted:

I use a soda stream to fizz blood for the anime Bathory living in my basement. Makes her cat ears jiggle.

The next Extella game sounding pretty weird.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

zapplez posted:

Because the soda stream is a stupid piece of crap

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
The keruig I had since 2014 finally died so I have gone to a single serve french press for myself.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

xtal posted:

I got mine from Gravid. I love it.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
My Cuisinart Keurig thing is 7 years old now and has survived being pried open with a hammer and slammed upside down against the counter to get an engagement ring it swallowed out of it.
I've never made pods in it. I have a burr grinder and reusable filters. Since we drink 1 cup a day each it's just way more convenient than every other option. It has a big rear end reservoir so it's awesome as a hot water dispenser as well.

My French press is finally getting some more action since I got the burr grinder though.
Seriously if you are using a blade grinder, take the leap.. the consistency of the grind is everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Do we talk about coffee because all else is too depressing?