Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/spookiestgal/status/1096102691418357762

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
a good map, but lacks a bit of "you have contracted brain worms please log off"

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

What's a Mufo?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sedge and Bee posted:

What's a Mufo?

Mutual follower

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

What? Monocle, top hat, and a cane? This guy fucks.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Sedge and Bee posted:

What's a Mufo?

MUFO DEEZ NUTS

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Puppy Time posted:

MUFO DEEZ NUTS

solid updog av/post combo

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sedge and Bee posted:

What's a Mufo?

I initially read it as:

which might tell you too much about the internet circles I sometimes run in.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Just a literal peer of the realm publicly talking about how he wants to sexually assault a teenager, as you do.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Ambitious Spider posted:

I initially read it as:

which might tell you too much about the internet circles I sometimes run in.

:same:

TinTower posted:

Just a literal peer of the realm publicly talking about how he wants to sexually assault a teenager, as you do.

I assumed he was volunteering to be tested on and likes sounding or something

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

The little frustrated wiggle of the cursor when they click the wrong thing really makes this.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I was with them until this. Even poo poo pee pee is more rational then never logging off twitter.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

TinTower posted:

I don't understand what's happening in this one

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Puppy Time posted:

MUFO DEEZ NUTS

haha

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Literally yelling at kids to get off their drat lawn.

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1096752899307307008?s=19

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Skwirl posted:

Literally yelling at kids to get off their drat lawn.

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1096752899307307008?s=19

A lawn is not environmentally friendly and it bugs me when people think it is. It's an almost insignificant step above just having a paved lot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mak0rz posted:

A lawn is not environmentally friendly and it bugs me when people think it is. It's an almost insignificant step above just having a paved lot.

Isn't it worse in some way, since you don't have to water pavement?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Skwirl posted:

Right, I actually forgot about that. I was thinking more from the perspective of biodiversity.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I don't understand what's happening in this one

He's saying he wants to feel up a trans teenager.

It'd just be creepy if he didn't have legislative power for life.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Yes and no. It consumes tons of water for dumb reasons. But it also lets rain soak into the ground, which means less flooding and also feeds aquifers and other underground stuff.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

TinTower posted:

He's saying he wants to feel up a trans teenager.

It'd just be creepy if he didn't have legislative power for life.

Oh, OH :catstare: good loving god

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

He also got reprimanded a few weeks ago for retweeting images that supported paralysing trans people for using the bathroom.

TinTower has a new favorite as of 17:59 on Feb 16, 2019

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i mean i can read words, those are words but gently caress if they make any sense in my brain at all that just sounds like a bad cliche video game villain

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Person in the comments seems to be arguing with themselves:

quote:

This is what the "Tommies" died for on the beaches of Normandy. If it weren't for their sacrifice we'd all be speaking German now. Hmm? Actually learning German doesn't sound so bad, does it.
I wonder if it would blow their mind to realise that, as transgender people were amongst the many groups the Nazis wished to exterminate, this is actually one of the things "Tommies" died for.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

If we're posting dumb flowcharts, how about one where it's impossible to believe an accuser

https://twitter.com/MaskedAlex/status/1095118973660741633

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Piell posted:

If we're posting dumb flowcharts, how about one where it's impossible to believe an accuser

Context for anyone who isn’t familiar with the indie RPG industry: the creator of this extremely convenient flowchart is a well-known and abrasive figure who has been outed as an abuser by nearly half a dozen former friends and partners in the last week.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

That depends on the location. It's so wet here that people don't generally need to water their laws. You might see some light sprinklers on occasion but they're totally unnecessary.

Granted in these parts it's usually assumed that a proper yard will have some trees so yeah.

Having a verdant, green lawn in the middle of the desert, though? Wasteful as gently caress.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That depends on the location. It's so wet here that people don't generally need to water their laws. You might see some light sprinklers on occasion but they're totally unnecessary.

Granted in these parts it's usually assumed that a proper yard will have some trees so yeah.

Having a verdant, green lawn in the middle of the desert, though? Wasteful as gently caress.

lawns wouldn't be nearly as bad if people just let them grow fallow, or planted things that didn't need to be mowed like clover. It's the fact that it's an intensive monoculture that has to be continuously maintaining using energy, all to achieve an aesthetic and nothing else. They should all be vegetable gardens.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

Lawns that have to be regularly watered and cut are not good for the environment. But if you live in a place where rain is pretty common and you plant short, preferably native, ground cover that doesn't need to be constantly mowed, a lawn can be good for soaking up excess water, filtering, and refilling aquifers.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sedge and Bee posted:

lawns wouldn't be nearly as bad if people just let them grow fallow, or planted things that didn't need to be mowed like clover. It's the fact that it's an intensive monoculture that has to be continuously maintaining using energy, all to achieve an aesthetic and nothing else. They should all be vegetable gardens.

The biggest problem is the attitude of AMERICAN DREAM!!!! YOU MUST HAVE A LAWN!!! WHOEVER HAS THE BIGGEST LAWN WIIIINNNNNSSSS!!!!!

A big snag with lawns in these parts is you have people thinking "well gee golly, I like wide open spaces and nature in poo poo" so they buy random land in the middle of the woods, clear an acre of it for a nice big lawn, and then have to gently caress things up even more to run utilities into the middle of nowhere. It's massively disruptive and definitely not something you do if you like nature.

It's weird because these are often people that think they're environmentally conscious when building a big house in a remote place and clearing a poo poo load of trees to have a lawn is one of the worst things you can do even if it's an area where said lawn doesn't require much maintenance.

Then again kind of my dream is to buy a patch of woods then build a tiny cabin on it without a lawn and live there so what do I know?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Weatherman posted:

Cool. Who else in the thread is Canadadian and wants to regale us with a laid-back anecdote about how the Amber Alert both did and didn't affect them? Post you are stories here

Nothing ever happens in Canada, so we get a little over excited by literally anything, okay?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Is it sad that I looked at this and knew instantly that it was made with CMaps?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The biggest problem is the attitude of AMERICAN DREAM!!!! YOU MUST HAVE A LAWN!!! WHOEVER HAS THE BIGGEST LAWN WIIIINNNNNSSSS!!!!!

A big snag with lawns in these parts is you have people thinking "well gee golly, I like wide open spaces and nature in poo poo" so they buy random land in the middle of the woods, clear an acre of it for a nice big lawn, and then have to gently caress things up even more to run utilities into the middle of nowhere. It's massively disruptive and definitely not something you do if you like nature.

It's weird because these are often people that think they're environmentally conscious when building a big house in a remote place and clearing a poo poo load of trees to have a lawn is one of the worst things you can do even if it's an area where said lawn doesn't require much maintenance.

Then again kind of my dream is to buy a patch of woods then build a tiny cabin on it without a lawn and live there so what do I know?

loving homeowners associations imposing this cookie-cutter view of Americana. And even if you don't have an HOA, the influence runs wide. My landlord threatened to evict me if I didn't cut my lawn every two weeks. Fortunately we never needed to water, but heaven forbid we let things grow naturally.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

Pavement does bad things to drainage, and it can pollute water.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Pavement does bad things to drainage, and it can pollute water.

For an example of this just look at Houston

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

For an example of this just look at Houston

No dont. The fumes will burn them.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jurgan posted:

loving homeowners associations imposing this cookie-cutter view of Americana. And even if you don't have an HOA, the influence runs wide. My landlord threatened to evict me if I didn't cut my lawn every two weeks. Fortunately we never needed to water, but heaven forbid we let things grow naturally.

Unfortunately that might be a municipal ordinance more than just landlord dickishness. I got fined by the city for not cutting my grass. I'd find it less annoying if they had the same heavy hand for stuff that's actually a threat to structures or home for vermin. Why does my neighbor get to have a house half eaten by ivy and at least three dead trees in their yard, but my crab grass is the sign of a deteriorating property.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I am looking into buffalo grass when I can finally own my own home. It's native to my area, requires far less water, and if you spring for the female-only plugs/sod, it doesn't grow more than 4-5 inches max, so less mowing. I'm in Texas so planting something that evolved for wet climates and going to stupid lengths to water and maintain it is a sucker's game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

wizzardstaff posted:

Context for anyone who isn’t familiar with the indie RPG industry: the creator of this extremely convenient flowchart is a well-known and abrasive figure who has been outed as an abuser by nearly half a dozen former friends and partners in the last week.

Can you tell me more about this? Because the kind of dumbshit who's well known in the indie community that makes a chart like that has to be a special brand of lovely.