Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

axelblaze posted:

Oh, also I'm glad they're adding Amy to Soul Caliber, especially because she looks really fun but man her and Raphael's backstory is just really icky and bad (though that's already in the game)

For a second I was picturing the Sonic character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

do you have a persian

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Amyyyyyy!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

I'm still playing Iconoclasts and it still makes no loving sense.

I can probably explain almost anything you don't get though there is some stuff that will be revealed

I hope you're at least having fun. I got the actual game part was pretty great too

She can actually say more than her name now!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For XCOM 2 I've played through the storyline with the War of the Chosen expansion multiple times now. I was wondering now if there is a Steam Workshop mod for the campaign where it takes out the storyline missions and is just randomly generation missions across the globe? I want to keep playing XCOM 2, but i'm not interested in experiencing the storyline anymore.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

axelblaze posted:

I can probably explain almost anything you don't get though there is some stuff that will be revealed

I hope you're at least having fun. I got the actual game part was pretty great too
The person who suggested earlier that it's like observing an alien planet is spot-on, because every person with dialogue in this game reads like an eldritch abomination trying to approximate how it thinks humans speak and act.

The gameplay is fine, though I feel that the actual progression (in terms of exploration and powerups) is thoroughly unsatisfying. I expected going in that you would get additional upgrade slots as the game went on, and that you'd get a larger variety of powers to change up how you'd interact with the world. For the most part having an upgrade installed or not is a small convenience upgrade if it's noticeable at all, and losing each one every time you brush up against something means you're more likely to be living without them anyway.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can you make this in Soul Calibur VI? :P

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

axelblaze posted:

How's everyone doing this evening? What is everyone up to?

I'm kind of annoyed that right after I got back into Overwatch, Activision/Blizzard did the whole lay offs in the face of record profits thing.

...Still playing it and man I love playing Moira but I think I'm done spending money on the game.

tryin to figure out how to keep my hands from being a cold sweaty shaky mess while playing apex legends

:420: doesn't seem to change things much

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Can you make this in Soul Calibur VI? :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YxvfblMda4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was watching a review of Crackdown 3 and learned that you can play characters that are not Terry Crews, but why would you want to do this?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The weird thing with Iconoclast for me is I had no problem with the dialogue. None. Just seemed like dialogue to me. I never noticed anything amiss. I actually really like the story in that game and that reaction always confuses me but enough people have it that it I do believe that there is something there that I just don't notice or don't care about

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Was watching a review of Crackdown 3 and learned that you can play characters that are not Terry Crews, but why would you want to do this?

Yeah well then you have to play Crackdown 3, in which you barely get to hear Terry Crews and you can’t destroy buildings.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

apropos of nothing i just remembered they announced they’re still working on stalker 2 last year but i don’t remember who they are

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

apropos of nothing i just remembered they announced they’re still working on stalker 2 last year but i don’t remember who they are

I dimly recall reading some really weird news about the Stalker devs some years ago, but I can't remember what it was exactly

I guess there's Metro Exodus if I want to scratch that itch

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t remember much of anything either

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I remember the Alamo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

no you don’t

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://youtu.be/eBhh23-paLU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

They get different XP bonuses but uh, thats so completely irrelevant to how the game works its obviouslt a holdover feature they werent sure what to do with or leftover assets from multiplayer

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i brought up the topic of early 90’s videogames cum corporate properties with my brother and he sent this link in response, don’t know why it has the mario 2 music dubbed over it https://youtu.be/9i4pZyzbfMA

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I do remember one of my literature professors mentioning STALKER and “the Zone”, causing me to perk up, though a few seconds later it became clear that he was talking about the movie from the 70s or whatever

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it’s pretty amazing cinematically because tartakovsky loved his 10 minute long shots with no cuts but unfortunately the dialogue is all navel-gazing in russian which mean it’s complete gibberish when subtitled to english

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

it’s pretty amazing cinematically because tartakovsky loved his 10 minute long shots with no cuts but unfortunately the dialogue is all navel-gazing in russian which mean it’s complete gibberish when subtitled to english

tarkovsky not tartakovsky, that was the dexter’s lab guy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Where is my "Hard to be a God" video game adaptation janky eastern european studios???

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s supposed to be a great great film but I’ll never watch it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

City of Brass is my 12th completed game of 2019.

This was a cool and short little first person action game. The setting is great, and the use of lighting was excellent. Game gets a bit chaotic and overwhelming though, but still fun.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it’s ok. if you like arthouse films it’s better than most

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

When I was in college I fell asleep during the screening of Stalker during the one car ride that felt like three hours because I fell asleep during it.

Then later I watched more of Tarkovsky's films (Nostalghia owns), I should probably go back to Stalker

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just read Roadside Picnic.

Or its synopsis on wikipedia.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When I was in college I fell asleep during the screening of Stalker during the one car ride that felt like three hours because I fell asleep during it.

Then later I watched more of Tarkovsky's films (Nostalghia owns), I should probably go back to Stalker

That part is beautiful, the sound of the train tracks transition into musical composition is amazing

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i wanna say he straight up said he wanted it to be an equivalent transition to color as the wizard of oz was after the tornado but i may be full of poo poo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well i’m definitely full of poo poo all the time this might just be an exception though

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I'm going to play through Sanitarium.

What was the PS2 action game where you're in a prison and all the enemies are based of execution methods. I thought that was pretty cool when I rented it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I'm going to play through Sanitarium.

What was the PS2 action game where you're in a prison and all the enemies are based of execution methods. I thought that was pretty cool when I rented it.

Manhunt?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's The Suffering. It's a real good game and it's been on GOG for some time now. Skip the sequel though, it sucks.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

It's The Suffering. It's a real good game and it's been on GOG for some time now. Skip the sequel though, it sucks.
Thank you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
STALKER is good, I watch it just the other day.

Its about this guy named Stalker, and he decides to bring a writer and a scientist into this f* up house of leaves place but instead of a house its like, a really big field. Wild stuff.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I had a picnic movie night because i also watch Picnic at Viewing Rock that day.

Its about a group of school girls going to a f* up house of leaves place but this time instead of a house or a field it was a big rock.

I recommend it, its wild n good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why is there no :getout: of here stalker smily?