Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

somepartsareme posted:

remember when giorno made his brooch into a ladybug for bruno but he also put cells from the turtle into it so it could turn into the turtle while giorno is far away and it sucks in diavolo even though it doesnt have the key and is a different turtle.

what the gently caress

The key isn't a necessary part of the turtle's stand. The original turtle activates its stand when the key is slotted into its shell because that turtle is a turtle with special training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
idk about that, the group is clearly shown to be in the red orb of the key.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You can always make the argument that since it is the same creature that it shares the same powers associated with it I guess

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
giorno cloned the turtle but its stand mutated

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Don't forget in the previous part there were two rats that had the same stand. Maybe the same logic applies.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
I wasn't even joking. The turtle's stand page flat-out states that the turtle was trained to use its stand when the key is inserted.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

Daxing Dan posted:

I wasn't even joking. The turtle's stand page flat-out states that the turtle was trained to use its stand when the key is inserted.

I had forgotten this detail and am grateful to you for reminding me. But now I'm wondering, if nobody ever bothered to name the turtle, at what point did it become Coco Jumbo? Did it choose that name itself once it got stand-bestowed intelligence?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it got named in JoJo-a-Go Go, a big art book

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
remember when literal aliens appeared and it wasn't mikitaka

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lovely for you to think that all aliens know or are the one alien you know

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

remember when literal aliens appeared and it wasn't mikitaka

I really don’t. When was this?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

RatHat posted:

I really don’t. When was this?

Silver Chariot Requiem summoned aliens.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

weird blob monster things started phasing out of people and to this day there's literally no sane explanation for what was actually happening along with it just kind of being forgotten 3 seconds later and it's part of why i hate requiem stands

i don't know how to paraphrase it better because it was so weird and out of nowhere

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Complete Alteration of All Life
With enough time, Chariot Requiem will begin to transform the souls of those its ability has affected into souls of unidentifiable, otherworldly beings, causing an accelerated body transformation. Polnareff comes to the conclusion that the true ability of Requiem is to switch the entirety of the people, animals, and plants of Earth with "something else".[3] The theorized result would be the complete metamorphosis of every organism in the biosphere, both in body and soul, into completely new and absolutely unknown entities. The effect of the violent transformation appears to be painless, as those transforming continued their activities without noticing that they were physically changing.[4]

Shadow Weakness
Anyone who observes Chariot Requiem may notice that its shadow will always be opposite to the observer, regardless of any source of light like the sun.[4][11] In reality, Diavolo discovers that what appears as Requiem's shadow is the observer's own soul's shadow: Chariot Requiem is in reality the shadow of the soul.[11] Thus, there is a psychic source of light which always hovers behind one's head and is only visible by the person to whom it is attached. Stands can destroy the marble emitting the light in order to defeat Chariot Requiem.[11]

this poo poo is so stupid

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i hate it, it's so dumb

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm reminded of the final arc of the original Yu-Gi-Oh, which Takahashi has openly admitted to writing while he was completely off his gourd on painkillers and just goes off the deep end.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The first bit of that has some potential for some really interesting cosmic horror shi--oh wait, it's just Annihilation

The psychic light loving sucks hard

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Turning people into aliens could be a way of protecting the arrow if you consider that aliens (Mikitaka, probably) can't be pierced by stand arrows/don't have stands and thus anyone transformed by SCR would be unable to make use of it.

The reflection of the soul doesn't make any sense, though. Wasn't SCR supposed to be a physical, non-phantasmagoric being?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 17, 2019

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everything from entering the Colosseum onwards is loving awful (except for Trish and Mista hooking up.)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If Mikitaka is an alien, that being the explanation for why the arrow bounced off of him is weird because the arrows came from space

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the only good thing about silver chariot requiem is that basing a Stand off the mysterious messenger who commisioned Mozart's last work is cool and spooky and v. Araki.

everything else is about is Araki loving What. jojo is gotta be my top 5 favorite fiction series but dude what

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Funky Valentine posted:

Everything from entering the Colosseum onwards is loving awful (except for Trish and Mista hooking up.)

i'm afraid even the anime won't improve on it and i fully expect people to be just outright loving confused

tired: going out of your way to overthink king crimson and make dumb analogies

wired: literally what the gently caress is with everything to do with requiem stands

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The worst thing about this is that you'd read all that and think, "oh, so requiem stands are just That loving Weird, huh?" But no, it's just Polnareff's requiem stand!

When Giogio gets his it's your basic moderately wacky punch stand!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We don't even need to make an imperfect analogy to describe GER; we'll just say what it actually does: it ends Part 5.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
sex pistols requiem would have been loving RAD

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't mind the whole "what you see isn't actually the stand, it's the shadow and the true form is a ball that is hiding behind your head that is imperceptible to every other person who also has a ball hiding behind their head at all times" or whatever it was, that was kinda neat

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Expect My Mom posted:

sex pistols requiem would have been loving RAD

They’d look like that Satou drawing of them.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Only the Sex Pistol who got hit with the arrow would become requiem

They would get really buff

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
mista doing the cool Stabbing Myself But Actually Stabbing My Stand pose Giorno does but stabbing all his little kids to make an arrow kabob

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

They’d look like that Satou drawing of them.

https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1081922976402927617?lang=en

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Schwarzwald posted:

The worst thing about this is that you'd read all that and think, "oh, so requiem stands are just That loving Weird, huh?" But no, it's just Polnareff's requiem stand!

When Giogio gets his it's your basic moderately wacky punch stand!

He literally gets the most broken Stand in the entire series that is a childhood playground "nuh uh, you cant touch me" Stand.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

Darko posted:

He literally gets the most broken Stand in the entire series that is a childhood playground "nuh uh, you cant touch me" Stand.

Also, it's independently sapient and talks behind Giorno's back (specifically, it tells Diavolo that even Giorno doesn't actually understand how its power works).

Reading over the ending again, it's striking how Giorno's more or less a nonentity across the climax and epilogue. Bruno's the one who figures out how to beat Chariot (and makes the big sacrifice to make it work), after which Giorno stabs himself and GER dumpsters Diavolo without Giorno particularly understanding what's going on. Then there's five chapters of epilogue all about how the pre-Giorno gang loved Bruno and would follow him to their deaths. Then Giorno's the new boss, the end.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Diavolo is voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi, so King Crimson's power is to kick logic to the curb and do the impossible.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Believe in the me who believes in the you who understands King Crimson

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Have any of the Rohan ovas been dubbed? If not, is it more likely they'd just find another VA to replace Vic or do you think they'd just not release the Rohan ovas at all?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

Have any of the Rohan ovas been dubbed? If not, is it more likely they'd just find another VA to replace Vic or do you think they'd just not release the Rohan ovas at all?

I don't think they've been dubbed, but also as a more general question: do anime OVAs usually get dubbed?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't think they would dub them whether Vic was a creepy rapist or not.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Xad posted:

I don't think they've been dubbed, but also as a more general question: do anime OVAs usually get dubbed?

It depends. Some do, but others are just ignored. The One Punch Man OVAs that were on the BD releases got dubbed when the series got localized blu rays, for an example of a recent OVA dub.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They've not even finished dubbing Diamond is Unbreakable so it'd be a job for after that anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/ArakiArt/status/1097166923614339072