Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

JFairfax posted:

It means the UK is not part of the EU
Oh. I thought the EU would have to officially say on that day that the UK is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
A 2018 study in the UK by a laundry company found 3.8 per cent of Brits washed their sheets once a year. Yep, just once in 12 months.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

So over 95% wash them less often then that? My goodness

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
ITT:

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1096150327362027521

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

the children should be american flags cheering the brits on to represent this thread

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the children should be american flags cheering the brits on to represent this thread

lol

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Irish Bart represented as a Union Jack is a bit of a self own.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh. I thought the EU would have to officially say on that day that the UK is out.
The Brits sovereignly started the timer to leave the EU take back control two years ago, the EU doesn't have the ability to stop it, outside doing a daring raid to seize all their nukes and then occupying England. Only Remainers can stop this train.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The Brits sovereignly started the timer to leave the EU take back control two years ago, the EU doesn't have the ability to stop it, outside doing a daring raid to seize all their nukes and then occupying England. Only Remainers can stop this train.
Is it automatic on the UK's side? what if the day comes and goes and no one says anything? Will the EU regard the UK as not part of them anymore?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is it automatic on the UK's side? what if the day comes and goes and no one says anything? Will the EU regard the UK as not part of them anymore?

Yup.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1090948018642272258?s=19

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What I don't get though is, who gains from the EU kicking them out in that scenario?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

They don't kick is out it's automatic and our fault

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

What I don't get though is, who gains from the EU kicking them out in that scenario?

Yeah the UK has invoked the process to leave the club.

It's like quitting your job if you gave two years notice.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Samurai Sanders posted:

The United Kingdom is leaving of its own free will as decided by the 2016 referendum on weather to remain or leave the European Union and the subsequent triggering of Article 50 by the UK government.

It remains to be seen who gains, but money is on those fireselling UK industries and institutions.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Don't you hate it when your lazy butler washes your jam spoons and they're still covered with schmutz?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the UK is going to be fine when it becomes Crime Island and just imports and exports poo poo without restriction

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

logikv9 posted:

the UK is going to be fine when it becomes Crime Island and just imports and exports poo poo without restriction

We've been that since ships had sails.

vvv Smuggling mate.

namesake has issued a correction as of 10:32 on Feb 17, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

logikv9 posted:

i've got some bad news on the exporting without restriction front

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Just hoist a skull and crossbones up on Big Ben.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

The secession will be legally complete on that date and then it comes down to rule of law. For example, there are tariff laws that set how much needs to be collected for what goods. Border agencies or national governments can choose to ignore these laws, but a court can force them and enact panalities. You can just as well ask why we follow laws at all that we don't like.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Britain rules the waves = Britain waives the rules

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Opferwurst posted:

The secession will be legally complete on that date and then it comes down to rule of law. For example, there are tariff laws that set how much needs to be collected for what goods. Border agencies or national governments can choose to ignore these laws, but a court can force them and enact panalities. You can just as well ask why we follow laws at all that we don't like.

we can't tariff stuff properly here because it needs to be voted on by parliament and the trade bill hasn't been passed because the governemtn have just been leaving it until after the withdrawal agreement got agreed which it hasn't lol

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Jose posted:

i've got some bad news on the exporting without restriction front

drones

millions of drones, flying over the channel dropping illicit british goods all over europe

gatwick airport is also permanently closed

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
DUP has STD

https://twitter.com/duponline/status/1096756942696001538?s=20

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

The bakerloo line of political parties

Rozzbot has issued a correction as of 11:21 on Feb 17, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The answer is obviously chartreuse.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1097092490384035840

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

When we leave and chaos reigns, how many of those MPs and dipshits are we setting fire to?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Olympic Mathlete posted:

When we leave and chaos reigns, how many of those MPs and dipshits are we setting fire to?

Depends whether there will be adequate wicker men.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ynohtna posted:

Depends whether there will be adequate wicker men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYLRRrfPJ1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFbAM84SejU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

gently, johnny

my jiggalo

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author