Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
So I just had a manager in my orientation bitch about people "abusing" sick time, then segued into how sick time didn't even exist in the army.

Like, no poo poo, that's why I don't work at army.

This motherfucker didn't even identify himself as ARMY as gently caress, until he said that poo poo and I loving despised it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
You seem lost.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
My corps gave me a whole half day off when I got 3 out of 4 wisdom teeth pulled in boot camp. And then for some reason they decided to take out the last one four years later and I got another half day off. That equals one sick day per five years. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

PenisMonkey posted:

My corps gave me a whole half day off when I got 3 out of 4 wisdom teeth pulled in boot camp. And then for some reason they decided to take out the last one four years later and I got another half day off. That equals one sick day per five years. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled out on ship while underway at 36. I had to hold onto the light for the dentist because the ship rocking kept moving it back and forth. It felt like the sketchiest Tijuana back alley operation I'd ever seen. Also took me two weeks to recover from because I am old and they cut my jaw muscles all up to get to the bottom roots.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Recruit training extraction is so loving good. A wet rag over your eyes, some local anesthetic, and two hours of some ancient battleaxe chiseling your teeth apart and pulling out shards. But it beats being in the squad bay.

-- Waking up with your pillow covered in blood
++ Bedrest while the rest of the platoon's getting quarterdecked
++ Saving the pain pills for the crucible

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I took a week of leave on Okinawa and just stayed in the barracks the whole time. It was pretty cool to watch everyone else go to work.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I had my wisdom teeth pulled out on ship while underway at 36. I had to hold onto the light for the dentist because the ship rocking kept moving it back and forth. It felt like the sketchiest Tijuana back alley operation I'd ever seen. Also took me two weeks to recover from because I am old and they cut my jaw muscles all up to get to the bottom roots.

I think I found the video footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFIHYJAp2rc&t=59s

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Hello Marine thread! Please post pictures of:

Your military vehicles that I hear are way plushier than the Army's
Your horribly cobbled together automotive fixes because I hear you have no money
Your hilariously bad investments in Chrysler and Ducati products

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Will do check out that moto plate OOHRA

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Dat pupper. :kimchi:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 3, 2019

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Mustang posted:

Seeing as how Active duty spends weeks doing pre change of command and change of command inventories, makes me wonder how the guard does it.

Or does anything for that matter.

How active is active duty? Seems like it's mostly driving around doing burnouts and sand donuts?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Adiabatic posted:

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

Hello Marine thread! Please post pictures of:

Your horribly cobbled together automotive fixes because I hear you have no money
Your hilariously bad investments in Chrysler and Ducati products

I hear their vehicles watertight. Sometimes. Sort of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTDqcfPUTt0

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

*burbles from the bottom of a jetty*

YATYAS!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I served in the AF and partied with a bunch of Marines once in Okinawa on a TDY....those guys were fuckin nuts and did crazy poo poo i remember to this day. Good times :toot:

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yeah it was a blast

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Where's the picture of the guy with the Rip It in front of this?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Except Marines:

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
This float is going well but I swear if we head to anime land I’m gonna bail.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I spent three years assigned to an amphib. Our last visit to Australia we had an Osprey crash into our flight deck and roll into the ocean. We pulled everyone out of the drink except 3. The pilot, one of the crew chiefs, and the most junior artilleryman in the battery. The Marines were pretending to do embassy reinforcement and were on their way back.

I stood out on the flight deck and watched several thousand aircraft land in those three years. Conditions couldn't have been any more perfect for flight and to this day I still don't know why it crashed.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Definitely downwash reflecting off the deck back into the rotors causing excessive sink rate, some possibility that the crew miscalculated aircraft weight.

The odd part of the report is that it says there was no flying error, but also notes that there was no mechanical error and weather wasn't bad, so uh, what does that leave you with? Act of god? Flew a death approach profile well? Pilots were given bad training/tech data leading them to perform approaches that aren't tenable? This accident was apparently very similar to the one where an Osprey ended up settling with its tail hanging off the back end of the deck.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

One of the idiot reservists that deployed with us was super proud of his father working on designing the osprey.

I hope he doesn't pass his genes on

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Osprey is still somehow safer than helicopters. But helicopters want you totally dead always.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

PenisMonkey posted:

When I got my hip surgery I got a month of convo leave and was assigned TAD to Wounded Warrior Bn in San Diego where I pulled per diem for the entire time as well.

Best month I spent in the Corps

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
please tell us good BWM stories, nobody is BWM like junior enlisted

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

mlmp08 posted:

The Osprey is still somehow safer than helicopters. But helicopters want you totally dead always.

Having recently started training on FRIES and Blackhawk poo poo, holy hell do they ever. Saw our pilots do a touch and go before picking us up and drat near knocked the running wheels off

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

good with money:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRtlM6IoH-Y

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Thump! posted:

Having recently started training on FRIES and Blackhawk poo poo, holy hell do they ever. Saw our pilots do a touch and go before picking us up and drat near knocked the running wheels off

Assault/Blackhawk pilots tend to land aggressively out of necessity, once the aircraft gets IGE (in ground effect) overseas in dust you get totally blinded. The only time I've been scared flying is at night under goggles in dust conditions coming in for a landing, you are literally landing by control touch and watching your instrumentation.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

everybody on smoke break or something what the gently caress there's vics that need to be PMCSd

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

who has access to ulls-g i lost my license for the 90th time need a new printout

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
change my avatar to a pair of shower-shoe'd toes sticking out under barracks-grade drapery

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Back in Pensacola we had those jack and jill bathrooms and during field day one time one of the guys from the other room was cleaning the shower wearing only diving goggles so I video taped it. Is that gay?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

who has access to ulls-g i lost my license for the 90th time need a new printout

You mother fucker.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

EBB posted:

everybody on smoke break or something what the gently caress there's vics that need to be PMCSd

Sorry I do consulting work for the coast guard now

It owns really, I should've been a coastie

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Hope you like painting rocks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Carteret posted:

You mother fucker.

btw i tore my cv boots again on my bk run, got a convoy tomorrow so needs to be up by then k thx

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

btw i tore my cv boots again on my bk run, got a convoy tomorrow so needs to be up by then k thx

Triggered. Mods?!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

my secondary mos was giving mechanics aneurysms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Aight bois, wish me luck, I did BAR; fought to get cleared, poo poo's all done. I jump tomorrow morning to the dolomites. poo poo is gonna rock.