Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's a pretty good fakeout. I remember genuinely being confused as to how they'd beat Kira with his new ridiculous power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's a pretty good fakeout. I remember genuinely being confused as to how they'd beat Kira with his new ridiculous power.

"Let's run an ambulance over him"

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Just caught up on Venting Oreos.

GAY METER: SATISFIED

Also if Giorno dies, does everyone he ever "fixed" die too since his powers get undone? Like at least in Mista's case, does his new flesh turn back into bullets and all that and he starts bleeding to death again?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Looks like Digibro's having a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1184_mAdDWU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Willsun posted:

Also if Giorno dies, does everyone he ever "fixed" die too since his powers get undone? Like at least in Mista's case, does his new flesh turn back into bullets and all that and he starts bleeding to death again?

Hoo boy. A bunch of poo poo is gonna go wrong when Josuke kicks the bucket if it works like that

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like Josuke's would work differently

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Willsun posted:

No it was jellyfish

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Willsun posted:

Considering Stand powers are also supposed to end when the user gets knocked out or sufficiently weakened I'm gonna say no.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

Hoo boy. A bunch of poo poo is gonna go wrong when Josuke kicks the bucket if it works like that

Nah, Josuke just straight up heals things, not turn inanimate objects into body parts.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it integrates with the person and becomes part of their whole after that point, there's no way for it to magically 'figure out' each individual cell and somehow turn it back into the thing it used to be, especially when the cells in a human body don't stay static and have a habit of being frequently refreshed

did you know that a good chunk of dust is made up of old skin cells at any given point

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

it integrates with the person and becomes part of their whole after that point, there's no way for it to magically 'figure out' each individual cell and somehow turn it back into the thing it used to be, especially when the cells in a human body don't stay static and have a habit of being frequently refreshed

did you know that a good chunk of dust is made up of old skin cells at any given point

Yeah, good point. Cells divide and die all the time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The voice actor for The Boss has been confirmed as Katsuyuki Konishi, probably best known as Kamina from Gurren Lagan

also here's a fun family portrait

and official Giorno and Mista On An Ice Cream Date i guess

i love mista apparently counting his scoops to make sure it's not four

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

The voice actor for The Boss has been confirmed as Katsuyuki Konishi, probably best known as Kamina from Gurren Lagan

Vento Aureo confirmed to be that one alternate universe from the second to final episode of GL

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Lmao holy poo poo at that digibro meltdown. What a loving tool

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Look at these good lads. Even if you don't think it should be best character design of the year or whatever you can't possibly think this is some horrendous affront to the eyes

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mista's clothes are just drat delightful.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i only just now looked at that dude's twitter and lmao what an angry little baby with an inflated ego

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Ugh the anime art is so bad.

Meanwhile in the manga

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think we can dismiss the dumbass youtuber without getting weird about the manga art

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I just really love that panel. Look at Polnareff's frown.

Just look at it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Buncha cracker barrel boys there.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Mrggh I'm mad.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 18, 2019

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Isn't Digibro the admitted pedo?

I think so because I see in the tweet where he's like "JoJo stans are all 12 years old" and the first reply is "does that mean you want to gently caress them" which is pretty good.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Conclusion. Digibro is poo poo. JoJo is not. Let's all focus on the thing that is not poo poo.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Mulderman posted:

Conclusion. Digibro is poo poo. JoJo is not. Let's all focus on the thing that is not poo poo.

Done and done.

The dynamic between Giorno and Mista is one of my favorite parts of Vento Aureo. Watching this fight makes me long for more episodes of these two stumbling in and out of trouble, much as I love the rest of the gang.

...Actually, I want more Vento Aureo, period. I do like this part's breakneck speed--it ratchets up the tension in a way that fits the story, imo--but it makes the story feel unusually short. :(

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 5 is sort of a constant tumble down a hill, some will like it and others might not as much. once it gets going they don't really stop at all. part 6 has a couple more little 'goof-off' times iirc but when it gets active it gets REALLY active.

part 4 is probably the most overtly laid-back at times out of the three

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I wasn't that sold on part 5 when I first read it. But watching and reading it again makes me appreciate it more and more. I mean there is some huge bullshit going on during most fights. But the rule of cool is in full effect here.

I also love the dynamic between the main cast. Of all the groups so far. These guys feel the most like an actual group of people that would hang out together.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Expect My Mom posted:

Such awful character designs! MY EYES!

...My dick!

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

part 5 is sort of a constant tumble down a hill, some will like it and others might not as much. once it gets going they don't really stop at all. part 6 has a couple more little 'goof-off' times iirc but when it gets active it gets REALLY active.

part 4 is probably the most overtly laid-back at times out of the three

Oh for sure. Part 5 is actually my favorite part, and as I said the fast pace contributes to the quality of story. It really feels like Araki decided to take another shot at a Stardust Crusaders-style story, but instead of being a meandering road trip, Vento Aureo feels more like a pedal-to-the-metal race that never allows the reader to catch their breath. The gang is under relentless pursuit throughout the story, and that pacing makes you feel it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's a lot more consistent and good in part 5 compared to 3, too. there's a few cases where you can tell araki is kind of trying to do something over more or less and he usually pulls it off when it happens. there's other, more glaring examples of that but that's reserved for another time (and thread) because most involve later parts.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

trucutru posted:

Such awful character designs! MY EYES!

...My dick!

I think this is the reaction Araki was going for.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Johnny Joestar posted:

Everyone has good points and all but it's the fact that he can undo his Golden Experience life transformations that makes me feel like Giorno's objects still have their original form inside. Like assassinating Polpo for instance, what if Polpo eats his banana too late and it starts rotting and based on the point about cells, wouldn't that make the gun rotten and possibly unfit to fire?

Josuke's fixing powers seem more straightforward in that aside from his direct touch, nothing else happens to whatever he fixes afterwards. Anyway it's MUDA to try to find plot holes with Araki, I just thought it would be interesting if Giorno's powers carried more weight like that and made relationships more complicated. Say Narancia wanted to turn against Giorno, but then learns that if he kills Giorno, Mista goes with him too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Willsun posted:

Everyone has good points and all but it's the fact that he can undo his Golden Experience life transformations that makes me feel like Giorno's objects still have their original form inside. Like assassinating Polpo for instance, what if Polpo eats his banana too late and it starts rotting and based on the point about cells, wouldn't that make the gun rotten and possibly unfit to fire?

Josuke's fixing powers seem more straightforward in that aside from his direct touch, nothing else happens to whatever he fixes afterwards. Anyway it's MUDA to try to find plot holes with Araki, I just thought it would be interesting if Giorno's powers carried more weight like that and made relationships more complicated. Say Narancia wanted to turn against Giorno, but then learns that if he kills Giorno, Mista goes with him too.

If a life object is damaged in someway, and returns to normal, it seems to become broken parts.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They mention on the boat that if Giorno dies all the stuff he transforms will revert back.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

One part of Gold Experience that never made sense to me was the damage reflection.

If he turns a suitcase in a frog and someone punches said frog, the damage is reflected back.
But if he turns car parts in vines and someone shreds those vines to pieces it's fine? Shouldn't that be reflected back as well?
What about body parts he creates. If someone stabs him in his repaired eye, would that be reflected back?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Mulderman posted:

One part of Gold Experience that never made sense to me was the damage reflection.

If he turns a suitcase in a frog and someone punches said frog, the damage is reflected back.
But if he turns car parts in vines and someone shreds those vines to pieces it's fine? Shouldn't that be reflected back as well?
What about body parts he creates. If someone stabs him in his repaired eye, would that be reflected back?

Ignore the frog thing. Araki doesn't believe in internal consistency or working out what powers the character have before publishing.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Mulderman posted:

Either he can choose when to apply that effect to something he creates or it only applies to animals or both.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Either he can choose when to apply that effect to something he creates or it only applies to animals or both.

It applied to the tree in the first episode, so either the former or Araki Forgot.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Araki Forgot. Seems to be the main reason yeah.
Same with the effect it has on people when they are punched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I really think it's less so he forgot, hes not Toriyama forgetting characters exist, but that he freely trashes any idea that hes not liking anymore, which honestly, I respect. Rather than making writing a slog where he has to work around ideas he doesnt like anymore, just loving can them and do em better right this second.