Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Vasudus posted:

I usually hate those comparison graphics because they're usually some super-niche nerd poo poo that doesn't translate to a broader audience, but the one with "Proudest Moment?" with both of them having pictures of young Bernie getting hauled off by the cops made me laugh.

Hahaha i haven't seen that one. Owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

im all in on warren Boot-edge-edge FYI

Ftfy but will be Warren when he doesn't make the debates

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i just call him indybutt

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Oh my husbando is running? :swoon:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

Ftfy but will be Warren when he doesn't make the debates

what the gently caress are you trying to say

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Jarmak posted:

On planet earth giving an opinion is a very common way of starting a discussion.

Discussion: having no facts and assuming someone is lying about an attack is lovely. Wait until such an allegation of false reporting is substantiated.

E: I’d probably have a flipped opinion if 95%+ of reported racially motivated attacks or DV or sexual assaults were false flags. But that’s not the world we live in.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 18, 2019

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

Discussion: having no facts and assuming someone is lying about an attack is lovely. Wait until such an allegation of false reporting is substantiated.

E: I’d probably have a flipped opinion if 95%+ of reported racially motivated attacks or DV or sexual assaults were false flags. But that’s not the world we live in.

Good thing no one did that

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/GuardianUS/stat...ingawful.com%2F

???

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Someone is trolling the league the question is if its the lawyer or Belichick. I'd but significantly better odds on the lawyer but its possible I guess.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Someone is trolling the league the question is if its the lawyer or Belichick. I'd but significantly better odds on the lawyer but its possible I guess.

My co-worker won’t shut up about the pats and says Tom Brady is on for like another 4 years or something. So idk what they’d do with him.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
If he signs after winning his settlement he wins the league.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Richard Bong posted:

My co-worker won’t shut up about the pats and says Tom Brady is on for like another 4 years or something. So idk what they’d do with him.

Brady's age will catch up to him eventually.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

hobbesmaster posted:

We can only hope!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

He's going to be fitted for a cybernetically enhanced body like Cyberpunk 2077

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jarmak posted:

Good thing no one did that

This sounds like a fishy claim.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'm less interested in the impact that would have on football, and more interested in watching people reconcile the Patriots being a generally Trump-y team hiring him. Everyone on both sides of the argument would lose their's minds.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

orange juche posted:

He's going to be fitted for a cybernetically enhanced body like Cyberpunk 2077

Well then, may Kaep will start a few games while hes recovering from the installation!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm less interested in the impact that would have on football, and more interested in watching people reconcile the Patriots being a generally Trump-y team hiring him. Everyone on both sides of the argument would lose their's minds.

Any actual proof for Patriots players being rightwing nutjobs, or are we just throwing poo poo out there?

I can't believe I'm defending the Patriots but calling someone a chud without them being a chud's a bit lovely.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

what the gently caress are you trying to say

Fixed that for you (ftfy) when I did the strikethrough of Warren. Next is the fact that South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg (Boot-edge-edge) is running for President but will likely not make the debate per the rules of the committee saying a candidate needs either a certain number of individual donors or poll high enough. It is a rather straight forward comment.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

orange juche posted:

Any actual proof for Patriots players being rightwing nutjobs, or are we just throwing poo poo out there?

I can't believe I'm defending the Patriots but calling someone a chud without them being a chud's a bit lovely.

Its specifically Belichick and Brady, at least in Trump's mind: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.20dacfd40401

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

orange juche posted:

most pro athletes are chuds hth

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

orange juche posted:

Beady, Coach, Boston sports fans.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah belichick and Brady both calling Trump a friend, Brady having a maga hat in his locker, etc, pretty chud imo

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nick Soapdish posted:

Fixed that for you (ftfy) when I did the strikethrough of Warren. Next is the fact that South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg (Boot-edge-edge) is running for President but will likely not make the debate per the rules of the committee saying a candidate needs either a certain number of individual donors or poll high enough. It is a rather straight forward comment.

But what are you trying to say?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Broke: the Tuskegee experiments are a disgusting crime committed by the US government
Woke: yeah but some of us got super powers

https://twitter.com/thegfewebcomic/status/1097288504571318273?s=21

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

But what are you trying to say?

I just want to tell you both, good luck. We're all counting on you.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Well I can just throw that on the pile of reasons to dislike the Pats on top of Brady and Belichick existing.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

im all in on warren FYI

:same:

Pats fan, and I would legit be excited by a Kap signing. gently caress it, I'll buy a jersey just for the tears it'll induce.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 18, 2019

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I'm ready for Kaep/Belicheck, if anything just to tie everyone who hates the pats but loves Kaep in knots.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You'll also be able to prove once and for all that Brady is actually a system QB when Kaep leads them to a superbowl again next year.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
https://twitter.com/ottovonshitpost/status/1097213238662578178?s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jarmak posted:

I'm ready for Kaep/Belicheck, if anything just to tie everyone who hates the pats but loves Kaep in knots.

The pats could hire a band of orphaned puppies and I’d hate the pats.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

You'll also be able to prove once and for all that Brady is actually a system QB when Kaep leads them to a superbowl again next year.

Won't mattah because we still got bellichek and he sold his fahkin soul to tha devil for fifty moah yeahs baby!!!!!!11!1!!1!1!!*chugs 40 of Miller lite, gets teeth knocked out on the curb for not being Boston enough*

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

BUG JUG posted:

Won't mattah because we still got bellichek and he sold his fahkin soul to tha devil for fifty moah yeahs baby!!!!!!11!1!!1!1!!*chugs 40 of Miller lite, gets teeth knocked out on the curb for not being Boston enough*

I wish I could say this isn't true but I've seen this fight break out so many times among Boston fans.

Only other fanbase I've seen do this kind of poo poo is Philly.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://twitter.com/renjender/status/1097162156435537921

I'm not denying this, but is there a football or baseball team with a fanbase who aren't awful chuds?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm not denying this, but is there a football or baseball team with a fanbase who aren't awful chuds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3tVXBySqho

:gritin:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Stultus Maximus posted:

There was a good article a few years ago about the pats fanbase being from a very blue region and coming to terms with Trump's relationship with Brady and Belichick,
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/12/14231496/new-england-patriots-donald-trump-fan-problem

Tldr: it's complicated. There are def. chud fans but I wouldn't go as far to call the entire or even the majority of the fanbase chuds.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

Like what the gently caress are you even trying to say here? "HEH, those libs are so biased that they're mad about a dozen kids getting murdered by a legally owned gun."

Well the call for further gun control, specifically the call for universal background checks, when the person who committed the crime already passed (probably multiple) background checks and therefore already legally possessed the gun, is kind of dumb.

The call for gun control such as assault weapon bans, when the state in which the incident happened already has an AWB (San Bernadino, Sandy Hook), shows how laughably ignorant gun control activists are when it comes to existing gun laws.

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm gonna call bullshit on both of these statements, but also even if they aren't, they're still extremely hosed up things to be going on, regardless of legality.

Yeah, they are hosed up. Any use of force incident sucks, especially any deadly use of force incident. But when it's clear cut that the guy was an active threat to the officer or a third person, and the outcry happens and continues, and death threats and doxxing of the officer/s happen, that's loving bullshit.

The fact that there are clear cut cases where the use of deadly force was justified and the public outcry continues regardless, and that there are also cases where the DA or the state investigatory agency fail to charge or prosecute police wrongdoing / unnecessary use of deadly force, aren't mutually exclusive. They both loving happen.

This shouldn't be controversial to say.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

im all in on warren FYI

Same. She's the only one that's gonna rein in Wall Street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

I wish I could say this isn't true but I've seen this fight break out so many times among Boston fans.

Only other fanbase I've seen do this kind of poo poo is Philly.

*Watches the third facebook argument THIS WEEK on his wall about how people from Malden/Waltham/Dedham shouldn't say they are from Boston* do tell.