Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

jobson groeth posted:

All the forums are cancer

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I put myself on my ignore list

Always inspiring to see someone set a good example

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ghostlight posted:

the fraggles aren't communists because as the show explicitly details they do not owns the means of production. when the dozers become lazy and do not build it is an existential crisis for the fraggles because they literally cannot make their own food - they are wholly reliant on their symbiotic relationship between themselves and the welfare state (dozers), making it clear that they are, at best, a captive underclass serving the needs of the capricious meritocracy.

I thought the episode went the opposite direction, that the fraggles felt bad for always eating the doozers' constructions and vowed not to do so any more, which caused the doozers to become depressed that the fraggles no longer enjoyed the food that they worked so hard to make.

I could be misremembering an episode of a series I never really liked, tho

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

jobson groeth posted:

All social media is cancer

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Somfin posted:

Why does everyone in this thread suddenly have forums cancer

E: oh god me too why

I'm using desktop Chrome and i see not forums cancer or missing posts :iiam:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Len posted:

I'm using desktop Chrome and i see not forums cancer or missing posts :iiam:

Turn on your monitor.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Now I'm not sure if we're getting into meta not getting the joke is the joke territory.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
[quote="sneakyfrog" post="492657853"]
oh poo poo yeah you started it, :tipshat:

I'm just happy to join in the attempt :)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

sneakyfrog posted:

goddamn convince a poster they are hellbanned gig and y'all cant even play along..

goddamn no respect for tradition

Your mistake was attempting to pull this prank on a forum so janky that a poster becoming invisible for no reason is completely plausible. A week or two ago in I can’t remember which thread, there was a post that just never appeared. The only evidence of it was that one page was only 39 posts long, and the “most recent unread post” button didn’t work properly until you went to the page after. I’m not going to rule out anything.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Ariong posted:

Your mistake was attempting to pull this prank on a forum so janky that a poster becoming invisible for no reason is completely plausible. A week or two ago in I can’t remember which thread, there was a post that just never appeared. The only evidence of it was that one page was only 39 posts long, and the “most recent unread post” button didn’t work properly until you went to the page after. I’m not going to rule out anything.

You need that for the joke to work too though. The seed of doubt needs to be there.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Who What Now posted:

I thought the episode went the opposite direction, that the fraggles felt bad for always eating the doozers' constructions and vowed not to do so any more, which caused the doozers to become depressed that the fraggles no longer enjoyed the food that they worked so hard to make.

If the fraggles don't destroy the doozers creations then the doozers will run out of space to make new constructions. The fraggles constantly give the doozers extra work but this is a good thing for them because doozers enjoy nothing more than working so a group that constantly erases the work they've already done and forces them to work harder and longer is actually very welcome. Fraggle Rock is about how different groups which seem to have nothing in common and don't really communicate with each other can still end up depending on each other. If the Fraggles don't eat the doozers constructions, the doozers end up reaching a point where they can no longer work and the doozers go crazy from boredom. If the doozers don't work, the fraggles have nothing to eat and they starve. Although it seems like these two groups would naturally be in conflict they actually exist in symbiosis even though they almost never speak to each other.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

jobson groeth posted:

Is anyone else seeing blank posts like this? Does this thread have Radium poisoning?

I haven't seen this but if it happens again, post about it in the technical issues thread in QCS.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Another blank post just showed up. Anybody know what the last post was?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Another blank post just showed up. Anybody know what the last post was?

The one just above yours? Blank for me too.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Someone play yakety sax

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

jobson groeth posted:

Now I'm not sure if we're getting into meta not getting the joke is the joke territory.

I didn’t think it was a joke- might have a few years ago but there’s so much weird computer hiccups on the forums these days (like when the newest post won’t load) I couldn’t tell.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Somfin posted:

Someone play yakety sax

I don't think the original yakety sax is online but I found it in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AYujWCCHRk&t=17s

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

That was basically how it went; the one fraggle argued that it was actually horribly immoral to eat the stuff the doozers built so they had to stop. Aside from the fact that the fraggles were actually pretty lazy and also utterly incapable of actually feeding themselves the doozers actually like building. I remember having a book about it growing up; the doozers built lots of poo poo because that's just what they do. It doesn't bother them at all that the fraggles are constantly eating their buildings because it means more space to build poo poo. The episode ended with the doozers packing up to leave as the cave was completely full of construction. There wasn't any more space to build in. Meanwhile the fraggles were starving and suffering for it. The episode ended with the one fraggle realizing he (she maybe? I forget) was wrong and not arguing against eating the doozer buildings anymore so the fraggles basically had a gigantic feast while the doozers were happy they could start building again.

There was a kind of related episode about a lazy doozer who just wasn't all that industrious and acted more like a fraggle. The other doozers were just like "nah, we're cool. We're buildy as hell because we want to be. If you're lazy that's just like your thing man. There's still a place for you." I think she became an artist or an architect or something.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

jobson groeth posted:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

mornington crescent

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

jobson groeth posted:

No, it can definitely happen. Remember around '04 when there was the streak of weird disappearances? People would be in the middle of something and th-

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

HopperUK posted:

mornington crescent

Username/post

That said, shall we play a game?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FilthyImp posted:

No, it can definitely happen. Remember around '04 when there was the streak of weird disappearances? People would be in the middle of something and th-

Eh, that only happened when somebody was dumb enough to mention Candlejack. It's then that they'd dis-

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

jobson groeth posted:

The one just above yours? Blank for me too.

Doesn't look like anything to me

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:regd08:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Eh, that only happened when somebody was dumb enough to mention Candlejack. It's then that they'd dis-

Look at this idiot who thinks you put a dash at the end of the sentence if Candejack comes and ta

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

.dionarap tsuj era elpoeP .gniht a regnol on si gninnablleh erus ytterp m'I dna ,eromyna desu reven tsomla si recnac smuroF

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

super cool of candlejack to type a dash and then hit "post" for you

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
More like Candlejackoff

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Screaming Idiot posted:

super cool of candlejack to type a dash and then hit "post" for you

Candlejack is a total bro, even if he doe-

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Thread got really weird and I'm not sure if in a good or bad direction, but either way :munch:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i'm the cancer

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The way this thread goes in cycles reminds me of that one bill murray movie

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

you know, the one with the ghosts?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The life aquatic?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Ghostbusters?

e: fb

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Ghostbusters?

e: fb

Garfield you rear end in a top hat, you numbskull, you utter fool!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Stripes?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
The Life Aquatic?

Adbot