Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when are we getting snowboard kids 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Superman 64 part two: The same game

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
Mario Spikers and Metroid Dread were both "known" to have been cancelled.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mario Strikers in this Mario Maker?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

bowmore posted:

yeah SBK was dope as gently caress and i support the notion of expanding the mythos

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
This poo tier D-pad is really bad for NES Kirby. Trying really hard to enjoy the game.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

bowmore posted:

Here you go. :kheldragar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIqPrXT8Ekg

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Does the party ever stop splitting in FF9? It's getting irritating. I also seem to keep hitting a brick wall every time I go to a new area and have to grind up a bit, which is ok but coupled with everything else...I love the story so far, and the next person thing to be mean to Vivi is getting punted off the side of an airship.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Your playable roster will almost always be missing one or two members of the full cast until pretty late in the game, but once you hit the second continent you'll have access to most of the characters at all times.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I picked up Hollow Knight a few days ago and I've really enjoyed the hell out of it, I'm currently getting my rear end beat by Grimm and I should probably finish the big boss in the City of Tears off but that can wait.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

everyone is going to get hyped about Metroid dread or something but every time this happens it always turns out to be some lame poo poo like doshin the giant 2 or whatever

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dread's time has come and gone. Back when it was either Metroid, Castlevania, or a couple indie games on the PC, yeah, but now there are like, 50 indie metroidvanias.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My dream Nintendo Switch game is Nintendo having some how tricked Konami into letting them develop a Castlevania game (by getting Konami to say their name backwards) and letting their A team do just ham on a classic 2-D style Castlevania game. Doesn’t even need to be a Metroidvania the indie scene has that covered just make an amazing 2-D version of combat that’s basically Platinum Games like and have the levels have a ton of branching paths so it has massive replayability where each path leads to a boss that gives a unique combat ability so you basically build up a roster of moves that fits the current play through you’re doing

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pylons posted:

Dread's time has come and gone. Back when it was either Metroid, Castlevania, or a couple indie games on the PC, yeah, but now there are like, 50 indie metroidvanias.

You say that like Nintendo can't or shouldn't ever make a 2D Metroid again.

They totally can and should and as long as they make it in-house it'll be a good cool time possibly.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Anyone have any opinions on NSMBU or Captain Toad's adventure?

I owned and played both on the Wii U. Not sure if either is worth a double dip.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

Anyone have any opinions on NSMBU or Captain Toad's adventure?

I owned and played both on the Wii U. Not sure if either is worth a double dip.

Probably not worth a double dip unless you want to coop captain toad.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kazy posted:

You need to use a JoyCon, it doesn't support the Pro Controller.

Well that's stupid

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I've never felt worse at Tetris then when playing 99, but it's not bothering me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Got my first win in 99 on my 10th game.:smug:

I’m can’t believe this may actually end up being my game of the year even with Mario Maker 2, Animal Crossing and a LA remake coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh79J6EjZlU
I found this video really helpful. You can still win even if you aren’t amazing at Tetris with some strategy.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
If you really want to take your Tetris to a new level, master T-spins (and other spins but mostly T-spins).

Also, I've been watching Wumbo on twitch and one strategy he likes to employ towards the end of the game, when pieces are coming down quickly, is to build up one side of the board and leave the other side empty, and then clear them 1 or 2 lines at a time to abuse combos and quickly stack up the garbage.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 18, 2019

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm doing the free 7 day trial of the online service to play Tetris 99 and I might have to let it lapse because holy gently caress is this addicting.

I've won twice now and both times I felt like a god.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Tony Hawks Pro Switch Skater

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

All the Tetris strategies from Puyo Puyo Tetris carry over into Tetris 99:

T-Spins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnU9mWOY87E&t=46s

Common T-Spin setups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2jsvgokC9o

Perfect Clear setups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YicWkhg7e5o

And of course, 4-wide combos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBVuKR1MgFE&t=72s

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I didn't even realize Puyo Puyo was a game on Switch. Should have bought one a lot earlier.

I haven't played multiplayer Tetris since summer 2003. I am way behind the times :/

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

totalnewbie posted:

If you really want to take your Tetris to a new level, master T-spins (and other spins but mostly T-spins).

Also, I've been watching Wumbo on twitch and one strategy he likes to employ towards the end of the game, when pieces are coming down quickly, is to build up one side of the board and leave the other side empty, and then clear them 1 or 2 lines at a time to abuse combos and quickly stack up the garbage.

I can never tell when he misplaces versus when he's just setting up t spin combos. It's crazy how good he is.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

All I wanted was Tetrisphere.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

mdemone posted:

All I wanted was Tetrisphere.

Blast Corps remake when

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I for one am glad we'll finally be getting the Jet Force Gemini game we deserve

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Dammit. I actually work with the brother of the guy who dropped that rumor, but he said that his brother (Imran) won't tell him what it is. At least the guy has some journalistic integrity, I guess :geno:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

totalnewbie posted:

I didn't even realize Puyo Puyo was a game on Switch. Should have bought one a lot earlier.

I haven't played multiplayer Tetris since summer 2003. I am way behind the times :/

There’s a basic Puyo game hidden in Sonic Mania, if you have that by any chance.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
that canceled Nintendo game that's coming back is definitely the Vitality Sensor

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Papercut posted:

I can never tell when he misplaces versus when he's just setting up t spin combos. It's crazy how good he is.

Ultra Instinct is real, but only Tetris players have achieved it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There’s an extensive demo of PuyoPuyo Tetris.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

Ultra Instinct is real, but only Tetris players have achieved it.

no no, that's terror instinct

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I wish I could be excited about the Link's Awakening remake, but I just can't.

LA was the first game I ever owned myself (as opposed to my parents buying and letting me play), and it's one of my favorites to this day.

But man, I really loathe the art style they're going with for the Switch remake. It looks like someone took that old Claymation Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer movie from the 60s and swapped "cheap plastic" for the clay. Link looks like a goddamn doll.

I get that people are excited that "they remade the environments 1:1!", but it just doesn't work. The game would have been much better in a hand drawn/pixel art style, like Octopath (though skip the tilt shifting).

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i disagree

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

totalnewbie posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/wumbotize

Ya boy's on a 20 win streak right now

I like how he intentionally lets the stack go all the way to the top of the screen to make chat nervous

e: lol he placed 96th

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

My dream Nintendo Switch game is Nintendo having some how tricked Konami into letting them develop a Castlevania game (by getting Konami to say their name backwards) and letting their A team do just ham on a classic 2-D style Castlevania game. Doesn’t even need to be a Metroidvania the indie scene has that covered just make an amazing 2-D version of combat that’s basically Platinum Games like and have the levels have a ton of branching paths so it has massive replayability where each path leads to a boss that gives a unique combat ability so you basically build up a roster of moves that fits the current play through you’re doing

While I'd love to see Casltevania Harmony of Despair 2 some day, Nintendo would just make another Super Metroid instead of trying to get Konami to give them the Castlevania IP if they aren't willing to do so.

I'd drop $60 instantly on a Castlevania HD2. Especially if it could do a single massive setup like SotN instead of needing to break down in to a dozen stages.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I saw a lot of Killer Instinct Gold and Killer Instinct 2 comparisons and boy do I wish KIG did not exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Annath posted:

It looks like someone took that old Claymation Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer movie from the 60s and swapped "cheap plastic" for the clay. Link looks like a goddamn doll.

yeah, it owns