Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Volkerball posted:

i dont know what mi is you booj rear end big pharma gently caress, go icedogs

The IceDogs logo and mascot are inspired by Don Cherry's dog. Don Cherry is a racist old conservative hack. Therefore the IceDogs suck. Go Colts.

Randler posted:

United Statins of America

This is an unusually clever burn from you and I approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Furnaceface posted:

The IceDogs logo and mascot are inspired by Don Cherry's dog. Don Cherry is a racist old conservative hack. Therefore the IceDogs suck. Go Colts.

Your posting is inspired by his suits.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIxiCysYzpc

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 16, 2019

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm tired of all these loving shootings

just gonna get really drunk

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm tired of all these loving shootings

just gonna get really drunk

I don’t even get bbc push notifications when there’s a mass shooting anymore. I find out from USPOL if I’m not 1k posts behind that day.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wait there was another one?

God drat it America. :(

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Furnaceface posted:

Who knows? :iiam: It’s like when snowstorms happen in other states now, a curiosity to run in between human interest stories and not shocking.

We’re all going to Hell.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

"only" five people dead

this one is unique in that five police officers were wounded. apparently it would have been worse, but the folks at the factory saw the shooter in the parking lot and knew he was a disaffected employee and called the police before he actually started shooting

one day after the one year anniversary of parkland

hahaha, and in that one year span i was about ten miles away from the thousand oaks shooting. i have family in aurora, it's becoming a family habit to call and confirm that no one was hurt in the latest mass shooting

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

"only" five people dead

this one is unique in that five police officers were wounded. apparently it would have been worse, but the folks at the factory saw the shooter in the parking lot and knew he was a disaffected employee and called the police before he actually started shooting

one day after the one year anniversary of parkland

hahaha, and in that one year span i was about ten miles away from the thousand oaks shooting. i have family in aurora, it's becoming a family habit to call and confirm that no one was hurt in the latest mass shooting

That is honestly really depressing and I hope your country unfucks itself.

Because my country is fast tracking it way to being America 2.0 so someone needs to be the sane country on this continent.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

That is honestly really depressing and I hope your country unfucks itself.

Because my country is fast tracking it way to being America 2.0 so someone needs to be the sane country on this continent.

i mean, there's always mexico...

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lol at caring about shootings anymore and still having feelings

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
randler, have you ever been in love?

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
i mean with a human being, not a... system

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I made a bad leftube thread if anyone wants to talk about Contrapoints' makeup or whatever.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pikachode posted:

i mean with a human being, not a... system

corporations... are people

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I used to love bringing up the concept of extraterritoriality from shadowrun as an example of where corporate personhood is likely to lead us but now it's more like I have to remind myself that's not technically a law yet.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
We hip, youth-celebritying American youth are faced with trauma every day. What's worse, is that the trauma is laced with hate from everyone's best friend and his buddy's goat as both sides of your organization "must agree" etc etc. Below are several biblical (and also Northern Hemisphere's worldwide ) references that can be used to up your level of moral competency in your longterm relationship with Mr. Soros.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

The Vatican is an extraterritorial religious body.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
for real 8e8op* let me know if you ever come to australia and i will take you on a road trip of the most beautiful beaches in existence

same goes for other unaustralians, also i may be able to help you assimilate into the community afterward if you decide you'd rather stay on our beautiful horrible island than go back to the other place

*i love your new username too but you'll always be 8e8op to me

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i believe your governments official policy on such things is gently caress off we're full

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Volkerball posted:

i believe your governments official policy on such things is gently caress off we're full

but then some south african farmers trafficking in conspiracy theories are welcome with open arms

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
yeah but it's easy to hide here, the funny thing being that we're far from full, we are in fact the opposite

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I’m on the San Antonio riverboat for the first time and we went through the canal lock and it felt like going into Jurassic Park lol.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Billy Talent is awesome I wish they had an audience outside Canada. :smith:

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRFCMM3bra8 :black101:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 17, 2019

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Whatever happened to the "Lets help D&D Debate and Discuss" Thread?

In casual political conversation or just in general I keep getting to what I call the "Equivocation Argument". Essentially, over any topic I will argue for or against something and I'll get back "Well, both Democrats and Republicans suck. They're really just the same!".

Which is obviously not accurate but I'm curious what's the best strategy to cut this down? I feel like if I just get more detailed my audience gets lost.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
hi everyone i just wanted to express my appreciation for dickeye who has suddenly come into my mind for reasons i don't entirely understand. though they have the social skills of an angry wasp, somehow they were born with an innate sense of social righteousness and i have never seen them punch down or even sideways; they have always reserved their ferocity for the oppressors, the self-declared uber-menschen, the ruling class of any given thread, and in their defense of what is right they have been unyielding and impervious to mockery or influence from outside. i love them for it, and i officially ship them with the small frozen thing

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
omg i am so tired. this long becalming of world politics is actually doing more damage to my nerves than the short-term panic of north korea et al. i loving know israel is at war with iran in syria and the usa is trying to wash its hands of the mess that it started and i need something to happen, i can't take this eerie silence any longer and this weird compulsion i've developed in the past few weeks to say elaborate online goodbyes to all my american friends is part of it

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
fdgyuitjres'

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
i even made an emotional post on the ultima online forums. my soul is in anguish

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
who is dickeye

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
avs, don't worry, the american empire is eternal

Cease to Hope posted:

who is dickeye

he's some dude. he gets very angry about comic books

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tab8715 posted:

Whatever happened to the "Lets help D&D Debate and Discuss" Thread?

In casual political conversation or just in general I keep getting to what I call the "Equivocation Argument". Essentially, over any topic I will argue for or against something and I'll get back "Well, both Democrats and Republicans suck. They're really just the same!".

Which is obviously not accurate but I'm curious what's the best strategy to cut this down? I feel like if I just get more detailed my audience gets lost.

it's someone signaling they weren't expecting pushback on their dumb opinion they expected you to agree with

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cease to Hope posted:

who is dickeye

hello

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the american empire is eternal

not if i have anything to say about it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
sft would like me to clarify that its only okay to ship us as moirails which is a homestuck joke that translates to "bestest friends but also one of them has to calm the other one down when they get wound"

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

sft would like me to clarify that its only okay to ship us as moirails which is a homestuck joke that translates to "bestest friends but also one of them has to calm the other one down when they get wound"
ok lol you can be that

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
had a nice hike today

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it rained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol the local unitarian church scrapped a planned screening of get out in favor of sorry to bother you