Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Man I could have used ki rata on this bunch of kale what a pain to chop with a knife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Royalty does not eat kale.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bilirubin posted:

Man I could have used ki rata on this bunch of kale what a pain to chop with a knife

Royalty chops their kale with the terrible Blade of Want

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

OTOH, Solomon turned that guy into a topological defect with his elbow.

I sort of see where you're going with this, but if Ki Rata is the atomic bomb and the monks are America ca. 1948, they've already crossed the Rubicon of using their power which no one else can be trusted with to murder the gently caress out of people in order to maintain their monopoly on said power. It doesn't make a ton of sense to go with, "no mortal can be trusted with the art which allows them to annihilate cities with a breath, but we won't stand in their way if they're willing to put in the time and really grind out their star-spanning genocide the hard way."

I assume the logic is that the only person who can stop a Ki Rata practitioner is another Ki Rata practitioner, so you do need a very, very small number of people trained in it in order to swiftly shut down anyone who looks like they might be about to learn how to punch through planets.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Royalty eats a good vegetable like gai lan.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kale Six Billion Demons.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Reach Heaven Through Quinoa.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Lights posted:

Reach Heaven Through Quinoa.

There was quinoa in the soup as well! And chickpeas

Hostile V posted:

Kale Six Billion Demons.

:golfclap:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Hostile V posted:

Kale Six Billion Demons.

That is a synonym for kill

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Krill 6 Billion Demons

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Reach Heaven Through Vegetables

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
kill 6 billion donuts (giant gold homer replaces jagganath)

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh yes finally a successor worthy of my kingdom! The prophesized king of kings! At long last he will lead-

Who the gently caress is that furious rear end in a top hat of a woman
In true Solomon David almost-enlightened-isn't-enlightened-at-all fashion, his dunking will reveal to him, "This empire building and obsessing over legacy and succession! I've had it all wrong the whole time!"

and then conclude, "I should've been making daughters!"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
he's going to try to marry allison to make ~the perfect heir~

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Toxic love triangle between Alison, Cio and Solomon.

Zaid? I'm guessing Nyave will see him as a decent fixer upper and discover eventually that no he's actually just another jerk underneath it all.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Who What Now posted:

Ki Rata is alright, but it's no CQC.
It's no Segata-do, which involves throwing a man so hard he explodes.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

SardonicTyrant posted:

Is that a Segata/Sugata Sanshiro reference?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fish Noise posted:

In true Solomon David almost-enlightened-isn't-enlightened-at-all fashion, his dunking will reveal to him, "This empire building and obsessing over legacy and succession! I've had it all wrong the whole time!"

Uhhhh that is actually extremely enlightened, tho??????

SardonicTyrant posted:

Yes but does it allow for seamless transition from a gun battle to knife fighting? Yeah, didn't think so.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Who What Now posted:

Uhhhh that is actually extremely enlightened, tho??????

Let's be honest, here: the multiverse is not ready.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I assume the logic is that the only person who can stop a Ki Rata practitioner is another Ki Rata practitioner, so you do need a very, very small number of people trained in it in order to swiftly shut down anyone who looks like they might be about to learn how to punch through planets.
Sure, but presumably the reason that punching through planets is "a bad thing" is because people live on them, so unless your concern for planets remaining unpunched is geological rather than humanitarian, Yemmod pillaging, enslaving, salting, ransacking, flattening and extinguishing the sun of Rayuba has the same effect and should draw a similar response.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Fish Noise posted:

Queue a gang of Swolomon's teenage daughters bullying the other kids at school cause they don't know Ki Rata.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Grand theft stellar.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Man imagine how loving good noodles a person with Royalty could make, that's the real way to establish peace on Throne and the 777,777 universes.

"Better to tempt a broken body from their pot than to be a willing slave to their mastery"

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Feb 19, 2019

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Synthbuttrange posted:

Grand theft stellar.

I'm imagining someone riding a stolen sun through space using some sort of lightning harness like an old timey horse and wagon, in turn being chased by several smaller suns making wee-wooo siren noises.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

He punched the suns into existence.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

Sure, but presumably the reason that punching through planets is "a bad thing" is because people live on them, so unless your concern for planets remaining unpunched is geological rather than humanitarian, Yemmod pillaging, enslaving, salting, ransacking, flattening and extinguishing the sun of Rayuba has the same effect and should draw a similar response.

Not if punching through planets is only a basic technique, and causes, like, multiversal shrapnel or something. It's entirely possible that Yem doesn't scale up nearly as hard as a Ki Rata master. You're being extremely unimaginative about this, dude.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Is that a Segata/Sugata Sanshiro reference?
It is! :hfive:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I have to imagine that mastering Ki Rata, as shown, makes one dangerously close to or roughly equivalent to a demiurge in power. And we all know these are the sorts of people that throw planets at each other for a bit of warm up.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

Not if punching through planets is only a basic technique, and causes, like, multiversal shrapnel or something. It's entirely possible that Yem doesn't scale up nearly as hard as a Ki Rata master. You're being extremely unimaginative about this, dude.

The multiverse demonstrably still exists, so unless you're imagining a few wholly unmentioned backup ones no it doesn't explode every time a ki rata master practices their morning routine

these are guys who were stuck with living in the same world they did punches in until the demiurges showed up which puts sort of a practical limit on the sun-exploding they can honestly say they're capable of

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 19, 2019

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Well, they were stuck living in the same universe; a universe can be a single city or world, or like ours it can be its own cosmos. So you could have Ki Rata masters who elbow-check suns out of existence, as long as their just use their martial arts breathing bullshit to fly somewhere besides the inhabited rocks to do it.

Or the Ki Rata guys are literally Goku and occasionally blow up planets and other interstellar objects but it's ok because their universe had some loopy magic to make it better afterward.

Which would make the first time they visited another universe pretty awkward. Don't worry about me oblierating the planet, we'll just round up the DragonBalls and wish it back. What do you mean you don't have any of those?!

(I don't think any of this is the case though; I imagine that regular Ki Rata is limited, but Solomon may have some sort of scaled up version that allows him to do additional insane poo poo because he's a demiurge in possession of the Keys)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The whole point of Ki Rata is Not Doing Ki Rata. Like, they kill anyone who come up with it because the only people who are going to independently invent Ki Rata are the kind of crazy muscle wizards who will get it into their head to go a'conquering with their new Art, and then the monks have to get involved, and more people die. It's nuclear non proliferation but for Kung Fu.

Obviously, that fails when the guy you decided to trust with the plutonium and the nuke blueprints decides to use them. Solomon had the dedication to learn how, but he didn't have the purpose not to. The monks failed.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

wiegieman posted:

The whole point of Ki Rata is Not Doing Ki Rata. Like, they kill anyone who come up with it because the only people who are going to independently invent Ki Rata are the kind of crazy muscle wizards who will get it into their head to go a'conquering with their new Art, and then the monks have to get involved, and more people die. It's nuclear non proliferation but for Kung Fu.
Which, again, is an extremely stupid stance. As evidenced by the monks kicking back and watching their world be turned into a sunless grave, because the guy who did it used A Tuning Fork For The Voice of God rather than Kung Fu Breathing Bullshit.

If you're the only one with the atomic bomb, and you've already committed to using it against anyone who threatens your monopoly on nuclear weapons, why not nuke Hitler too, especially since your fantasy WMD can be finely tuned to vaporize single people?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Dead Reckoning posted:

Sure, but presumably the reason that punching through planets is "a bad thing" is because people live on them, so unless your concern for planets remaining unpunched is geological rather than humanitarian,

I'm envisioning some kind of hosed up hell lorax that speaks for the rocks.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Dead Reckoning posted:

Which, again, is an extremely stupid stance. As evidenced by the monks kicking back and watching their world be turned into a sunless grave, because the guy who did it used A Tuning Fork For The Voice of God rather than Kung Fu Breathing Bullshit.

If you're the only one with the atomic bomb, and you've already committed to using it against anyone who threatens your monopoly on nuclear weapons, why not nuke Hitler too, especially since your fantasy WMD can be finely tuned to vaporize single people?

I think that we're about to see that the tuning fork is minor league compared to the Kung Fu breathing bullshit.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The reason you don't karate chop through planets is that isn't rad in and off itself.

Royalty is being rad as gently caress. How have yelling not grasped this?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Dead Reckoning posted:

I assume it's the same idea as Batman: if you have a massive power advantage over other people, accepting that you can use it to impose your will on the world for a good reason leads readily to moral degeneration and fascism enforced by (infinitely wealthy vigilantism/kung fu breathing bullshit), because everyone thinks they have good reasons for what they do, including fascists. Nuking Yemmod is a slippery slope to nuking a lot of people who are a lot less powerful / wicked than Yemmod.

(Note that I mean this as an agreement with, not a disagreement with, your thinking here: Batman / the Ki Rata masters should really kill the Joker / Yemmod already and save everyone some trouble, I don't really care about his / their personal corruption compared to all the people the Joker / Yemmod murders on a regular basis. Just with qualifications, i.e., don't leave judgment on best usage of Ki Rata up to only the guys with Ki Rata, because when there's just one person with Ki Rata who gets to impose their ethics on everyone, you get Solomon David.)

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 19, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Why did White Chain curb stomp a demon to teach Allison a lesson? Because it's rad.

Why does Incubus know face kung-fu and appear as David Bowie in dreams? Because it's rad.

Why did Mottom crash a city in Mammon's vault and then fight a BDSM nun? Because it's rad.

Why did Solomon David spend a long time learning Ki Rata only to explode his master's face and torso at the last second? Because it's rad.

Why is Solomon David gonna put on a tournament to usurp himself? Because it's rad.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Who What Now posted:

The reason you don't karate chop through planets is that isn't rad in and off itself.

Royalty is being rad as gently caress. How have yelling not grasped this?

King Radical must have been royal as gently caress.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yes, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I posit that Solomon murdering his masters was the first time ki rata was ever used to a positive outcome.