Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nope. If anything it increases the bounty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumButler
Feb 23, 2008
Hey guys, just picked this up since it was on sale on steam, haven't really done much yet, but figured maybe I could use an invite to the guild even if only just to chat while playing, plus ask questions and stuff.

userid is @QuantumButler1953 I think? oh, on NA.

Thanks.

QuantumButler fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 12, 2019

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -

Scyantific posted:

Nope. If anything it increases the bounty.

Found that out the hard way, so went on a killing spree as I was going to be away from home (and game) for a few weeks.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
drat. I need way more skill points for all this crafting.

Eighty Seven
Jun 4, 2010
I've got a free guild slot. Can someone invite me on the NA server @dyrendus

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thats a shame about "assault" only being further death and mayhem on civillians. I was hoping it was pickpocketing and such activities as well.

sensitivepigeon
Dec 4, 2016

I'M SENSITIVE ABOUT IT, OK?
so ive been reading Dottzgaming guides on leveling, but it has a long list of abilities but doesn't clarify the main five you should have slotted. I'm a warden, btw. Could I get some advice on a good balance of abilities for leveling?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sensitivepigeon posted:

so ive been reading Dottzgaming guides on leveling, but it has a long list of abilities but doesn't clarify the main five you should have slotted. I'm a warden, btw. Could I get some advice on a good balance of abilities for leveling?
Magic or Stamina? For leveling you want to focus on damage abilities that correspond to whichever stat you picked. But you'll also want a bit of self-healing and maybe an occasional armor buff, and Warden has plenty of both.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Substandard posted:

If I have a problem with the game since my return to it, it seems like I get bounties constantly for tresspassing / stealing things even if no one sees me or I kill all the witnesses. About half the time I go into the city they take my stolen things away and charge me 30 gold.

I hate the drat thieves guild stealth dailies where they make you sneak around and Rob stuff on a time limit. They're horrible.

QuantumButler
Feb 23, 2008
Just want to shout out the very kind goon in the guild who shoved me the gift of free hats, some juggling knives, a bathtowel, and gold.

I just got out of the coldharbour tutorial dungeon into some snowy place, Blackreach? Blackheart? Something anyway, Ebonheart Alliance, only level 5 but enjoying the game so far.

Picked Warden, I very much enjoy shoving cliffracers into enemies.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
When someone gets a chance can I get invited into whatever NA guild there is? @mnewseso

StyleFresh
Jan 12, 2004

Same as above. Would love to chat with goons. @Tattletale

Opiumden34
Oct 6, 2014
I started playing this today. I'd love to join the guild. @Arianna_Melauex

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Any recommendations for trading guilds to join? Not looking for a super high barrier to entry, just want to sell the occasional drop and Marie Kondo my crafting bag

Doughbaron
Apr 28, 2005

egyptian rat race posted:

Any recommendations for trading guilds to join? Not looking for a super high barrier to entry, just want to sell the occasional drop and Marie Kondo my crafting bag

At least a few goons are members of Scheming Skeevers. They have a trader in Coldharbour and there's basically no requirements.

http://www.schemingskeeverimports.com/

sensitivepigeon
Dec 4, 2016

I completed the DB questline at level 20. I don't even want to play this character because I know I'll lose the gear looks. Will I ever look this good again? ;_;

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

sensitivepigeon posted:

I completed the DB questline at level 20. I don't even want to play this character because I know I'll lose the gear looks. Will I ever look this good again? ;_;

You can look that good forever, because of the outfit system!

sensitivepigeon
Dec 4, 2016

Ixjuvin posted:

You can look that good forever, because of the outfit system!

i don't have the motifs :(

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

sensitivepigeon posted:

i don't have the motifs :(
I can help you get the ones you want. You're on NA PC servers, right? Look for @Scarlet-Ibis.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Gonna try this game again. I still only have a very minor understanding of how the classes work. If I want a sneaky stab rogue, or perhaps a spell blade sort of guy, is magicka nightblade good to start out with?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Gonna try this game again. I still only have a very minor understanding of how the classes work. If I want a sneaky stab rogue, or perhaps a spell blade sort of guy, is magicka nightblade good to start out with?
Yes. The closest thing to a spellblade is stamina Sorc. Magicka Nightblade will be very sneaky but it's going to use staves rather than daggers or swords.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Ah. So I'd probably want to go stamina nightblade with medium armor for the classical rogue sort of class.

e: But the Stamina Sorcerer thing looks pretty fun as well. What do you guys think would be most fun for a new player? The game seems pretty alt friendly, so I can always eventually do both.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 16, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Ah. So I'd probably want to go stamina nightblade with medium armor for the classical rogue sort of class.

e: But the Stamina Sorcerer thing looks pretty fun as well. What do you guys think would be most fun for a new player? The game seems pretty alt friendly, so I can always eventually do both.
Anything that isn't a tank or a healer, basically. If you enjoy the classic rogue feel, stamina Nightblade is the way to go. Magicka Nightblade is similar but instead of high direct damage to one enemy it uses a lot more AOEs and DOT abilities, IIRC. Cool aesthetic though.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

If you are doing Stamblade, play a couple of rounds of battleground to unlock the stamina heal Vigor. Even if you lose a lot, it won't take long.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Any required level to do that? And while I'm thinking about it, is there an updated guide for newbies to help me understand the game? The only thing I hate about MMOs is when you google poo poo you have to filter through all the old stuff that may not be relevant anymore.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Me and my wife decided to try this game out, could we please get an invite on EU server? Names are @Medb.Eluriel and @Passionario-Senex, respectively.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Any required level to do that? And while I'm thinking about it, is there an updated guide for newbies to help me understand the game? The only thing I hate about MMOs is when you google poo poo you have to filter through all the old stuff that may not be relevant anymore.

Battleground queueing opens up at 10, though you can get a series of quests from Daggerfall/Davon's Watch/whatever. I've only been in once, but the queue popped instantly (on my orc so other factions may vary) and I had a blast playing king of the hill and chasing people around with my very badly built level 12 warden in platemail with a 2her. My team won, I gained 2 levels, and alliance rank 3. Looks like 5 is required for Vigor.

I haven't seen any good overall guides. You can mostly just roll with the game and do whatever looks fun and all it will cost you is maybe missing out on some callbacks to completed quests that you'd get if you did them in the original order. At least until you get your bearings and play enough to know what you like, then you can look up more about what you want to do (PvP, cosmetics, dungeons, leveling faster, doing the quests in order, becoming a trade baron or crime lord, whatever).

One important early note is that you can teleport from wayshrine to wayshrine for free, but if you want to teleport from anywhere else to a wayshrine it will charge you. I spent a bit of money my first few levels using it like a hearthstone before realizing you could go shrine to shrine and save that way. Also, if you want to upgrade your riding keep in mind it will take 150 days x 250 gold each to max out your mount skills on one character. So you might want to visit a stables each day to slowly work on those.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

My friend talked me into playing, and I want to talk them into joining the goon guild. If I could get in as @Val99 that would be great and thanks!!

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
^^^sent the invite

Does anyone have a good trade guild they could help me join? I'm already in Skeevers but my other guild seems to have become defunct.

Overemotional Robot fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 17, 2019

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Overemotional Robot posted:

^^^sent the invite

Does anyone have a good trade guild they could help me join? I'm already in Skeevers but my other guild seems to have become defunct.

I can't check since I'm at work, but message @prettypony and see if there's room in one of the KRD guilds (or if not, she'll put you on a waitlist). Killer is the more competitive of the two, has a better guild trader, and more requirements to maintain membership than "sign in at least once every two weeks." Kitty only requires that and usually has a trader in Daggerfall or some comparably popular spot.

I think Mizuti and one or two other goons are or were in Spicy Economics, because they have shown me the guild house. It's, uh, interesting.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

There's multiple goons in Spicy (Dori, Sluggo, myself), however the requirements are pretty rough for new traders (400k/week in sales or 20k/week in raffle tickets), but that's one of the trade-offs for being in basically the most well known trade guild in one of the spots with the heaviest traffic (Mournhold).

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Rollersnake posted:

they have shown me the guild house. It's, uh, interesting.

It’s a thing of beauty

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Snowy posted:

It’s a thing of beauty

I felt downright humbled—like, I've been a practitioner of the same craft for years and consider myself rather proficient, and suddenly here I was in the presence of an absolute master whose work just made me feel completely inadequate. It's the best there is, was, and ever could be, and I could never surpass it. There was no point in trying any longer.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It’s so good I quit the game. Well maybe it’s more to do with rdr2 taking my time but I can’t discount the power of that house.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Snowy posted:

Well maybe it’s more to do with rdr2 taking my time but

I've found myself bouncing between this and GW2. I like the quest stories/world much better in ESO, but actually playing leaves me bored in like 15 minutes because it's brain-dead simple and repetitive (talk, kill harmless trash, kill slightly tougher baddy that takes 5 seconds to die instead of 2, fin). I also like the group content in ESO way more.

GW2 has more engaging combat and the open world is amazing gameplay-wise. You feel powerful but you can still die if you don't pay attention or get overwhelmed. Certain enemies will gently caress you up if you ignore their abilities so you actually have to notice what you're killing lest you eat a face full of your own lead or something. But the world just isn't that deep and it doesn't have the immersion that ESO has going for it.

So I'll play GW2 until I get sick of killing things, then switch to ESO until my eyes start glazing over as I run between quest points and leave a trail of corpses without breaking stride. You just made me think of playing other games and I randomly felt compelled to post this

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Do you guys need the character name or the name I log into my account with to get an invite? If it's just character like I assume, please invite Notthemarmot, thanks! Account name is DrunkDriverDad

e- also do I actually need to be online to accept the guild invite when it's sent?

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 18, 2019

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
You don't have to be online and it's the account name you'll need

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Rollersnake posted:

It's, uh, interesting.

Pen island.

Periodic reminder for new players: get one of us to make you some gear and food, it will make leveling a million times easier. My account name is the same as here, or if I'm not on when you are feel free to DM me your toon level and whether you're focusing on magic or stamina, and I'll hook you up.

Also if you need to get somewhere or just want to see a different part of the world, porting to guildmates is always free.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
What does end game gear look like? Is there cool poo poo for me to chase? I like glowy swords and badass shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Good news! The whole game is based around fashion, because you are able to make not only the actual gear to look in some ways, there's an outfit system which is like a costume/glamour just for you to look however you want.

Like you can look like you're in robes regardless of what you're actually wearing.