Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Dude on the right looks like a kid about to get handed an ice cream cone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

RichieHimself posted:

Ginger Benjamin Buttons is my spirit animal.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Soulex posted:

Finally got a chance to shoot some more.

My mentor told me to go for some different shots, less shutter speed and more zoom. Hope it worked

album: https://imgur.com/a/lRIimwO
I think I see where they're going with you, trying to get less descriptive and more evocative - so you're not so much faithfully capturing a moment of action, but capturing a feeling, the essence of what's going on rather than a sharp representation of what happened.
I think they'll want you to try even more of the same.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Soulex posted:

Biggest event I've ever shot tonight. Landon Donovan's debut home game

album: https://imgur.com/a/RAEtEXN

Weird, we were just at a Sockers game a few weeks ago. I have no idea Landon Donovan signed up to play for them.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Soulex posted:

Thanks! It was an intense game. I was really hoping we were gonna win it but at least it was exciting. Gonzaga tomorrow (today?) is going to be intense. It's the one game a year the whole loving school shows up.

He gets a lot of talk about being a possibility in the NBA from pundits and such. He's a pretty cool guy too.

It was a really good game. Looked like a blowout then went to OT. The commentators went on about how Benjamin Buttons tied, then surpassed his father's scoring efforts for the same college. Was pretty cool. Soulex were you the camera dude who headbutted the basketball?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Booger Presley posted:

It was a really good game. Looked like a blowout then went to OT. The commentators went on about how Benjamin Buttons tied, then surpassed his father's scoring efforts for the same college. Was pretty cool. Soulex were you the camera dude who headbutted the basketball?

I didnt think anyone would notice that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Weird doxx, but ok.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

joat mon posted:

I think I see where they're going with you, trying to get less descriptive and more evocative - so you're not so much faithfully capturing a moment of action, but capturing a feeling, the essence of what's going on rather than a sharp representation of what happened.
I think they'll want you to try even more of the same.

Thanks! Absolutely! I used to not get the evocative side of the photo. If it wasnt visually stunning, I wrote it off as pretentious or whatever. Now, the first thing I do with a photo is judge it on how it makes me feel. Ill definitely do more of the same. Ill probably spend a few minutes shooting even slower in the next few games. Finding those shots are frustrating sometimes though.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Wasn't intended as a doxx. I was thinking of all of the detailed and informative photography posts Soulex has contributed. When the play happened, instead of dropping his camera for the ball, he adapted. I have nothing but appreciation and respect for the quality of his work.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Booger Presley posted:

Wasn't intended as a doxx. I was thinking of all of the detailed and informative photography posts Soulex has contributed. When the play happened, instead of dropping his camera for the ball, he adapted. I have nothing but appreciation and respect for the quality of his work.

I didnt take it as one to be honest. Ive been posting the same school for over a year and it shouldnt be that hard to figure out who I am based off that. Dont worry about it and I am really glad you like my posts and photos.

Youre right actually. The first thought that went through my head was "protect camera" so I went for the header. That thing is heavy and accidents can happen.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Soulex posted:

I hope there’s a recording so we can put that on YouTube

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Soulex posted:

No touch camera.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:thejoke:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Another exciting sold out game.

album:https://imgur.com/a/KYtjxXu

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I think my husband and I snatched the “best uncles” crown by giving my nephew my old car.

Little man was so excited.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

What kind of car?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

My old 2012 Focus. I bought my dad’s Impala off of him and turns out the market for a small car with 130k miles on it isn’t lucrative. So we decided to give it to my nephew as an early graduation gift.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

My old 2012 Focus. I bought my dad’s Impala off of him and turns out the market for a small car with 130k miles on it isn’t lucrative. So we decided to give it to my nephew as an early graduation gift.

Solid gift. Less than ten year old small car. He won’t be slaying pussy(or the equivalent) with it but it will get him around safely and cheaply.

Good men.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Cruise control, air, and a sunroof. Heck of a lot better than my first car.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Better than my current car. :lol:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Of those three, I only have AC. Kia didn't put cruise in manual transmission cars around that time for some reason.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Godholio posted:

Better than my current car. :lol:

Plus 15 years newer and half the mileage.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My fully loaded (lol) Mazda2 does not have a sun roof but I’ve never liked them anyways. Cruise control with a manual is kinda weird but I do use it from time to time.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
My car has a sunroof, but it won't open because the backup battery for the alarm system is shot.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

My fully loaded (lol) Mazda2 does not have a sun roof but I’ve never liked them anyways. Cruise control with a manual is kinda weird but I do use it from time to time.

Wtf is a fully loaded Mazda 2? Has power windows vs crank ones?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Bad Poster posted:

My car has a sunroof, but it won't open because the backup battery for the alarm system is shot.

Had to replace mine last year, it wasn't too complicated other than a torque-to-yield bolt that had to be drilled out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

Don't knock crank windows.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Firing up Dredd, along with first pull off the new still. Gonna be a good night.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Melthir posted:

Firing up Dredd, along with first pull off the new still. Gonna be a good night.

I might do that but with weed

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The Magicians got a lot better past the first season. They had too much worldbuilding to cram into a pilot season. It's still cheesy at times but it was pretty entertaining.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

On cars newer than 1995, mocking of crank windows is mandatory.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

psydude posted:

On cars newer than 1995, mocking of crank windows is mandatory.

I'll take cranks over electric any day on a work vehicle. On a personal rig gently caress that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Godholio posted:

poo poo I haven't had a car with crank windows in 11 years

Like... my first hooptie had crank windows, but all the cars and trucks I've had since have power windows.

Thinking back I'm so glad I was able to unload my rx8 for 1500 to a dealership. I know they wouldn't have given me 1500 for it if they had more time to look at it (had water in oil lol, center console was flaky as gently caress and sometimes wouldn't work, side seals were failing in the engine I think. Rotaries are loving awful in the durability department)

If I'd really been thinking about it I probably would have bought a new Mazda 6 but I drove a Miata first and decided I had to have it.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 18, 2019

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
All my cars have electric sunroof, my newer Q7 has the full length panoramic sunroof, which makes me paranoid since thats a lot of glass.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I remember rolling around with a dude in my company that had the absolute most basic Civic model they made. The kind you actually had to have special ordered from the dealership because they didn't normally sell them. No power windows, locks, A/C, radio, along with a bunch of things I didn't even know at the time you could option out. He apparently almost ordered it without power steering but the dealership convinced him to at least get that. It cost 7k apparently, in 2005.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

Yup. It had the high end option with power windows, locks and cruise control.
Zoom uh zoom

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What's the best way to find a reputable CPA? I got the last of my tax documents and there is no way I'm going to be able to file myself this year.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

What's the best way to find a reputable CPA? I got the last of my tax documents and there is no way I'm going to be able to file myself this year.

Look for the place in the middle of a run down strip mall that has a name like "ZZZ Accounting, CPA"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Both my cars have crank windows.

On the Corvette, power windows were a $57.95 option (hefty when the base MSRP is only 4 grand). On the Jeep, it was something like $1500 for the package that included it, but I was planning to have the doors off for half the year anyway.