Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Powershift posted:

<Liberals are> going to cling to power as <they get get> more and toxic month by month until we get a loving conservative majority.

such is the natural order of things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i would have thought gerry butts would wait to expense another 200k in moving fees before he resigned

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Come on NDP, get your heads out of your asses and look MORE attractive than another conservative majority of darkness.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

he can resign as principal secretary, but he can't resign as best friend :3:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gerry Butts posted:

Our kids and grandkids will judge us on one issue above all others. That issue is climate change. I hope the response to it becomes the collective, non-partisan, urgent effort that science clearly says is required. I hope that happens soon.

his government???? bought a pipeline??????

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Come on NDP, get your heads out of your asses and look MORE attractive than another conservative majority of darkness.

Won’t happen till Singh gets shown the door unfortunately. The party is hosed for the short term. :sigh:

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The NDP's leadership needs to be (figuratively!) decapitated for the party to have a chance at being relevant or useful to the rest of us

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The federal budget is no doubt being rewritten to scrap the GST completely as we speak.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Canadian journalism, or I guess we just publish Navigator PR as Op-eds now

https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1097512335458091010

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If we don't bow to the job creators, they'll take their dirty money and go commit crimes somewhere else.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Just to be clear, that's the executive chairman of Navigator Ltd., who represent SNC Lavalin, writing an article defending Lavalin, being published by The Star

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

Just to be clear, that's the executive chairman of Navigator Ltd., who represent SNC Lavalin, writing an article defending Lavalin, being published by The Star

And they seem to have decided to make it freely available instead of paywalled, too!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

I guess they gotta keep the lights on somehow.

I can't see this improving subscription revenue any though

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Don't let the door hit your Butts on the way out, my man. :byewhore:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i honestly dont think i hate a single liberal party member more than that guy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

figures that trudeau takes a pr hit the one time he decides to do something good

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

A Butts shaped hole?

The Liberals' Butts hole?

I think we need to workshop this.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

I hope they find a competent person to fill Butt’s hole.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Yinlock posted:

figures that trudeau takes a pr hit the one time he decides to do something good

something good?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

patonthebach posted:

something good?

Driving Gerry Butts out of politics.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
“You can actually run a provincial government with about five people,” a former public servant with experience in both federal and Ontario governments told me soon after the Trudeau government set up shop. “You can’t run Canada that way.”

On Gerald Butts, but I think the claim that it's no big deal to run a provincial government that way might be more fun to focus on.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If it's PEI maybe.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vyelkin posted:

If it's PEI maybe.

Of course, the source of the quote probably is Gerald Butts...

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

James Baud posted:

“You can actually run a provincial government with about five people,” a former public servant with experience in both federal and Ontario governments told me soon after the Trudeau government set up shop. “You can’t run Canada that way.”

Finally, a logical explanation for why Ontario is a fiscal disaster area.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

patonthebach posted:

There was a time about 50 or 75 years ago where the conservatives of the USA were big into the environment and natural parks and protecting wildlife etc. Doesn't mean much today, but there was a history there of them caring.

That being said there a bunch of right leaning people in the hunting/fishing area that actually do give a poo poo about the environment but there isn't enough of the die-hards who care about preserving marsh/wetlands to make a big difference in the voting blocks.

Conservatives care about their environment in which they can hunt and fish freely. They don’t give a poo poo about climate or other people’s environmental or climate rights beyond that point, especially if it involves government regulations.

Observe their lack of concern about first nation’s peoples’ rights to hunt or fish. Or their lack of concern about the environment (not where they hunt or fish or cottage) when it comes to private corps dumping and fouling.

To be fair though this isn’t just conservatives, it’s most people.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Feb 19, 2019

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
What are we going to do?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

PittTheElder posted:

Which three?

Donna Mac, Centini (and it better be good, because it's expensive as gently caress, but it's really nice for "special occasion" type stuff, particularly when I don't have to foot the bill), and Gyu-Kaku. I think I'd add Moti Mahal to that list as well, so I guess there's 4 reliable restaurants I like.

Caesar's used to be on the list until they served an unforgivably poo poo meal to me and my family, now they can go gently caress themselves. Screwing up one dish is understandable, loving up all three dishes on the same night is unacceptable.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The convoy of dumbasses has? or will be rolling up on Ottawa soon, apparently.

It's nice to see "disrupting my life with your protest makes me less sympathetic to your cause" aimed at the right for once. :v:

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 19, 2019

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 9, 2022

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Won’t happen till Singh gets shown the door unfortunately. The party is hosed for the short term. :sigh:

Why are (non-racist) people down on Singh? I haven't seen him do anything particularly bad or stupid?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He hasn't done gently caress all is the problem. He's a non-entity.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seldom Posts posted:

Why are (non-racist) people down on Singh? I haven't seen him do anything particularly bad or stupid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXes98Y1Qt0

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Seldom Posts posted:

He doesn't do anything really

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Another bad Singh thing that was in the news recently was when he hemmed and hawed instead of condemning the RCMP breaking up a First Nations anti-pipeline protest by force, in the process completely reinforcing the narrative that "it's the rule of law the RCMP were just following the law and if those darn protesters weren't breaking the law then they wouldn't have got beaten up by armed goons"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Also all indications are he's been a complete disaster for the NDP financially, he has no fundraising skills and nobody likes him so the NDP is deeply in debt and had to mortgage their Ottawa headquarters, which means they're much less likely to make any waves whatsoever in the coming election considering just how much money the Liberals and Conservatives will be throwing around.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

They fired their fundraisers when they tried to unionize to be ironic

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

He’s also been p bad at relationships within caucus, and that’s translated into the caucus and leader being offside on a number of issues (basically the caucus sees itself as the body that decides party policy and sometimes Singh freelances) and a whole bunch of people deciding not to run again, and he’s been iffy on mastery of files.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
gently caress I miss Jack Layton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

CRISPYBABY posted:

Calgary actually has lots of good food, altho lots of it is more of the fancy expensive kind. If I had to pick a top three places to impress fancy foodies, I'd probably do Anju, Model Milk, and Bar Von Der Fels (and there's a handful of others that I probably like just as much, those are just the first 3 that come to mind).

For "goodass food that doesn't break the bank" I'm pretty into Una Pizza, but nerds on the internet jerk off and fight about pizza constantly so ymmv. And for the really cheap stuff it's got the best Vietnamese sub/pho game in Canada, (or at least the most dense concentration of it) anyhow. If you only got three places you can eat at, you ain't trying.

Oh yeah I definitely wouldn't agree with there being only three good places, that's ridiculous, I was just curious what PT6A's picks were. Personally I haven't been to most of those places because I usually can't be bothered to go into the beltline very often.