Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Libra posted:

"Now that he's hidden under this tarp, we can pretend he doesn't exist! Problem solved forever!"

Peter: Like the problems with our financ-
MJ: EXACTLY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

...when exactly did he tell her that?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait, so it’s literally just a magic sheet? How is this constantly dumber than our already extremely low expectations??????

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I love this this is the alternative to Luke just punching this dangerous megalomaniac in the head.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wait why does Daredevil even know about magic sheets?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You didn't hit him hard enough with the pipe, MJ.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Is Killgrave a dog?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

You didn't hit him hard enough with the pipe, MJ.

She can hit him again after he stumbles off the roof and hits the pavement.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
oh no he thinks hes a ghost

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao, so nsm of all people retained information daredevil told him about long enough to tell his wife. the information was concerning some guy he had never met and has never seemed to recognize throughout this arc. also, killgrave could just take the sheet off. it isn't secured in any way.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well I mean that is basically how I would react if someone threw a sheet over me.

That's not crazy that's just how you react when somebody throws stuff at you.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
i got hiccups from laughing

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

a disoriented kilgrave stumbles off the roof and as the sheet flies off him he commands MJ, Peter and Luke to take a swan dive themselves. All plummet to their deaths.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Ok gang, let's see who this crazy ghost haunting the rooftop really is!"
*takes off tarp*
"Oh my, it's that purple man from the armory! Mr. Killgrave!"
"Of course it's me you fools, you just threw this tarp on me!"
"Like wow Scoob, I wish my memory was good enough to tell if he's right!"
Ee-HEE-hee-ee-ee-ee!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The last twenty minutes of this thread and my life have ruled so hard

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Endless Mike posted:

Wait why does Daredevil even know about magic sheets?

And when would Peter have asked him? He didn't seem to know who Kilgrave was or what his powers were before they met, and since then he's been mind controlled the whole time.

This one strip introduces more plotholes than it has panels. It's really impressive.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

So Daredevil, who Pete only met last week, just happened to tell him about the secret weakness of Killgrave, and Pete then told it to MJ? It had to be before they ever met Killgrave, Pete has been mind-controlled since then.

"Hey if you ever run into a guy with purple skin and mind control powers, his weakness is these special sheets they store at the Armory in Harlem. Just a fun fact I learned from a new lawyer friend."

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also, killgrave could just take the sheet off. it isn't secured in any way.

Killgrave has two powers:
1) Mind-control voice
2) Removing sheets

The sheet blocks both powers.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

also, killgrave could just take the sheet off. it isn't secured in any way.

YYAAAAA!

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007
I know that people were predicting this resolution weeks ago, but I'm still impressed with how bizarre NSM can get

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Begemot posted:

So Daredevil, who Pete only met last week,

Any way you slice it he met Daredevil more than a week ago, but NSM time is weird, as we saw with last storyline taking place over a couple of days and also from May to October.

Actually, that explains everything: since 24 hours pass between each strip, Peter met Kilgrave and got mind controlled by him the next day. In between, he had plenty of time to meet up with Daredevil to ask him Kilgrave's weakness, and then get back to MJ with it.

This also means that those cops stood there for like three days straight waiting for Peter to kill them, and then Kilgrave realized he wasn't going to do it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:psyduck:
what the gently caress?!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wasn't the daredevil arc from like 15 years ago?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
that’s like two weeks in NSM time

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess it makes some amount of sense that they’d put the special sheet that blocks his powers next to the chemical that causes them.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If you wrap Kilgrave's head into an airtight plastic foil, this blocks his voice-based power by preventing him from vocalizing! His weakness is that he needs air to speak. Now he's going to hibernate, as purple people are wont to do when they can't speak.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
They're making this all up on the spot, it could be literally anything ANYTHING. Why would the writer choose a plastic sheet?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Because it blocks Kilgrave's powers, why else?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

uPen posted:

They're making this all up on the spot, it could be literally anything ANYTHING. Why would the writer choose a plastic sheet?

because it is a reference to an ancient daredevil comic that no one here has read in which purple man's powers worked in a completely different way

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Then Kilgrave stumbles over the edge of the building.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

RatHat posted:

I guess it makes some amount of sense that they’d put the special sheet that blocks his powers next to the chemical that causes them.

as much as i hate to admit something making sense in nsm, it does

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

because it is a reference to an ancient daredevil comic that no one here has read in which purple man's powers worked in a completely different way

If it seems weirder than normal it's actually a multidecade callback, like the Ronan hibernation thing.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I loving love how this arc started with Killgrave having off-screen, instantly-cleared amnesia and ended with a nonsense solution from an off-screen conversation that (APPARENTLY) references a decades old weakness

astonishing displays of storytelling
spectacular even

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man NSM is extremely good at twists.

No one could have predicted this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Hahah, good edit there. Now someone please post the original. I mean. Come on. Right?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Killgrave's weakness is that he is part cat. Really any kind of covering or container on his head is going to cause him to freak out and run around in backwards circles.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
:psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MJ: :blastu: KG: :psyboom: