Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I thought TLB was being ironically classist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Don Dongington posted:

Goon: "Yeah can I get a roast lamb and pumpkin, a garlic prawn and a 148 meats... anyone else want to put in?"
Some dude: "Yeah can I get a hawaiian?"
Goon: "YOU loving HEATHEN"

Let's dunk on this stupid motherfucker together, reminicent of that scene from the 1996 comedy film "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood".

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

Nah it's being respectful of another culture's cuisine and not bastardising it like some kind of bogan gutter dweller.

True purists only eat the finest pizza picked raw from the pizza plant.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Who cares what people eat

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Do you know that pizza has tomato on it, a crop imported from the new world by Spanish Conquistadors who were brutal, slave driving colonists? I do. And I'm watching you enjoy that food while shaking my head in disgust.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
i got pizza from hunter gourmet pizza and it arrived raw. like literally raw. it was slightly above room temperature so it had at one point seen the inside of an oven, but it couldn't have been for longer than sixty seconds. i cooked it for 50 minutes at 180 degrees and even then i would have classified it as "medium" at best. i hope we can all agree that pizzas, more than any other food, should be well-done; they should be crispy; they should be caramelised

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
lyndon schneiders from the wilderness society keeps sending me loving emails with subjects like "the faulty invisibility cloak" that i refuse to open on principle even though i know they're going to be about the leadbeater's possum or some other creature that i personally care deeply about. i don't know who to complain to

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
young fiend shouts at cloud

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I honestly didn’t think the next auspol meltdown would be over the innate classism/racism of eating pizza but here we are

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

pikachode posted:

i got pizza from hunter gourmet pizza and it arrived raw. like literally raw. it was slightly above room temperature so it had at one point seen the inside of an oven, but it couldn't have been for longer than sixty seconds. i cooked it for 50 minutes at 180 degrees and even then i would have classified it as "medium" at best. i hope we can all agree that pizzas, more than any other food, should be well-done; they should be crispy; they should be caramelised

If a menu has the word "gourmet" anywhere on it you're in for some garbage food

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

All right Auspol... the original comic was kind of born here, so you get to see the redux first.

Go Chicken Parma! This is excellent! One minor complaint, can you please force https on your website (otherwise my browser yells at me). I will share with anyone who will listen

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

"Here's your gourmet pizza!"

*Slaps down a tandori chicken pizza with a swirl of chili aoili*

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Harry Potter is for children and these loving millennials need to read another book

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

tithin posted:

At a moment when the Tories are literally tearing themselves in two, UK Labour centrists again try to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

P.S. This is going to happen in the usa too because everyone thinks this is their best shot at the top job.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Don Dongington posted:

Oh man pineapple is the least of your worries if you're going to run that angle.

Pretty much every pizza on any given Australian pizza shop menu has a bunch of poo poo on it that the Italians would shriek at.

That depends how broadly you're willing to define pizza. Personally I restrict it to places that make pizza in accordance with the standards laid out by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana.

Don Dongington posted:

Goon: "Yeah can I get a roast lamb and pumpkin, a garlic prawn and a 148 meats... anyone else want to put in?"
Some dude: "Yeah can I get a hawaiian?"
Goon: "YOU loving HEATHEN"

Nah they're both heathens

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

That depends how broadly you're willing to define pizza. Personally I restrict it to places that make pizza in accordance with the standards laid out by the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana.

OH MY GOD SHUT THE gently caress UUUUUUUP

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Yeah, you haven't actually eaten pizza until you've flown to napoli, engaged with the locals, and had an actual italian cook it for you. I'm politically aligned with the proletariat by the way

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Amethyst posted:

OH MY GOD SHUT THE gently caress UUUUUUUP

You're the one shouting. Indoor voice please.

Amethyst posted:

Yeah, you haven't actually eaten pizza until you've flown to napoli, engaged with the locals, and had an actual italian cook it for you. I'm politically aligned with the proletariat by the way

There are any number of places where you can do that here. You don't have to go to Italy to eat properly made pizza. I can give you some places if you like.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
tomato a fruit

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Can more people please help me flame this guy? I feel like I'm doing all the heavy lifting here.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

tomato a fruit

This is correct! And bananas do in fact have seeds in them as I also proved to my grade 2 teacher's chagrin!

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Tomato is a culinary vegetable and therefore not a fruit in the relevant context.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Endman posted:

Harry Potter is for children and these loving millennials need to read another book

*slides a Drizzt book across the table @ u*

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsO9qMdzsgM

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

thatbastardken posted:

tomato a fruit

salsa is a fruit salad

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
You're only allowed to call it pizza if it's from the Pizza region of Italy, otherwise it's a fancy flatbread

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
deep dish pizza is actually a type of quiche

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

In Italy they call it pizza scallop.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

You're the one shouting. Indoor voice please.

There are any number of places where you can do that here. You don't have to go to Italy to eat properly made pizza. I can give you some places if you like.

I've eaten at two different places endorsed by the verace association. you're still a loving moron.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
amethyst are there any threads on this dead gay forum you're not making GBS threads up as hard as you possibly can

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

thatbastardken posted:

tomato a fruit

FRUIT AND VEGETABLE ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE YOU FUCKER

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

ungulateman posted:

amethyst are there any threads on this dead gay forum you're not making GBS threads up as hard as you possibly can

I post in like 3 threads. Maybe you should stop following me around like a fan?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

pikachode posted:

Maximum heat you can get is the best way to cook pizza.

I go two ways when eating pizza. It either has to be a nice stone cooked traditional pizza with just cheese and tomato sauce, or an unholy cheesy crust abomination with anything/everything on top of it. Anything between the two is a disappointment.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Pizza is like sex. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
please understand many of my friends are italian and i have had handmade pizzas that could only be described as the kiss of a botticelli virgin

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Sorry to derail the Auspizza thread for a second:

https://twitter.com/MurrayWatt/status/1097710328836587521

Brendan O'Connor has been hammering the Libs on this during QT is doing another presser this afternoon. Could be they've decided to have a spine regarding something this month?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Endman posted:

I honestly didn’t think the next auspol meltdown would be over the innate classism/racism of eating pizza but here we are

That’s an unexpected stance given that the thread melts down every time the words pizza and pineapple are mentioned in the same sentence.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Khachapuri is better than cheese pizzas.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

FRUIT AND VEGETABLE ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE YOU FUCKER

pineapple a vegetable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

pikachode posted:

please understand many of my friends are italian and i have had handmade pizzas that could only be described as the kiss of a botticelli virgin

soggy and awkward