Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
KFC Burger Towers. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

Beetroot on burgers. I'm for it. Come at me.
how about just a beetroot burger

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

shut the gently caress up about food
hut the gently caress up about food
ut the gently caress up about food
t the gently caress up about food
the gently caress up about food
he gently caress up about food
e gently caress up about food
gently caress up about food
uck up about food
ck up about food
k up about food
up about food
p about food
about food
bout food
out food
ut food
t food
food
ood
od
d

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I support the local businesses near my house. $11 high quality small tropical Pizza, the $10 min chips and a flake, or the $8.50 quarter chicken and chips with a can of coke. :australia:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

hambeet posted:

Burn one, take it through the garden, pin a rose on it and give it the Barnaby

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Jonah Galtberg posted:

uck up about food
ck up about food
k up about food
up about food
p about food
about food
bout food
out food
ut food
t food
food
ood
od
d

This post reminds me of popcorn chicken. Life hack: Get some potato and gravy and dip the popcorn chicken in the gravy. Discard the lovely potato when you're done.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Xerxes17 posted:

I support the local businesses near my house. $11 high quality small tropical Pizza, the $10 min chips and a flake, or the $8.50 quarter chicken and chips with a can of coke. :australia:

What is your opinion on chicken salt on battered fish?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jonah Galtberg posted:

uck up about food
ck up about food
k up about food
up about food
p about food
about food
bout food
out food
ut food
t food
food
ood
od
d

Are the burgers really better at hungry jacks?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Amethyst posted:

Pretty good, but what about this

Or this. Mmmmmmm

dominos loves this gimmick coz it lets them sell you 30% less toppings and charge you more for it, at the cost of a bag of unflavoured doritos crumbs or whatever

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
a maxibon is a sandwich

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Just had an idea: chicken salt pizza.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amethyst posted:

Just had an idea: chicken salt pizza.

With slabs of overcooked chicken breast

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

hambeet posted:

Are the burgers really better at hungry jacks?

I wouldn't know as I haven't been back since they signed onto the Coalition's intern scheme and now pay jobseekers $4/hour.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

hambeet posted:

With slabs of overcooked chicken breast

nah with this

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Don Dongington posted:

I wouldn't know as I haven't been back since they signed onto the Coalition's intern scheme and now pay jobseekers $4/hour.

You're missing out.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Amethyst posted:

nah with this

Stuffed in the crust.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

hambeet posted:

You're missing out.

Hardly!

Perth has become somewhat of a mecca for independent burger joints in the past year or two, so if you feel like a cool change and some decent food you should pop over!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://junkee.com/berejiklian-facebook-event-nsw-police/194339 posted:

lol

Cops Are Contacting People Who Clicked ‘Attending’ On A Satirical, Anti-Gladys Facebook Event

Over the last few months, Gladys Berejiklian has earned a reputation as an autocrat who refuses to listen to the Australian people on issues such as pill-testing, and whose government uses the rule of law to wage a misguided war against youth culture.

Now, in a move that will not help such a reputation, it appears that any Facebook users who have responded to a satirical event about leaving a poo on Berejiklian’s doorstep might find that they have received a DM from an active member of the NSW Police Force.

As first reported by Sniff Off, an anti-drug dog advocacy group, the whole debacle began with the creation of a satirical Facebook event named “Leave a poo at Gladys Berejiklian’s doorstep”.

A tongue in cheek response to the Berejiklian government’s stance on music festivals and pill-testing, the event quickly garnered more than 13,000 thousand responses. But soon after clicking, ‘attending’, an unidentified Facebook user got a message from ‘Michael Alexander’, who purported to be from North Shore Area Command.

Politics
Cops Are Contacting People Who Clicked ‘Attending’ On A Satirical, Anti-Gladys Facebook Event
by Joseph Earp 19 February 2019

Over the last few months, Gladys Berejiklian has earned a reputation as an autocrat who refuses to listen to the Australian people on issues such as pill-testing, and whose government uses the rule of law to wage a misguided war against youth culture.

Now, in a move that will not help such a reputation, it appears that any Facebook users who have responded to a satirical event about leaving a poo on Berejiklian’s doorstep might find that they have received a DM from an active member of the NSW Police Force.

As first reported by Sniff Off, an anti-drug dog advocacy group, the whole debacle began with the creation of a satirical Facebook event named “Leave a poo at Gladys Berejiklian’s doorstep”.

A tongue in cheek response to the Berejiklian government’s stance on music festivals and pill-testing, the event quickly garnered more than 13,000 thousand responses. But soon after clicking, ‘attending’, an unidentified Facebook user got a message from ‘Michael Alexander’, who purported to be from North Shore Area Command.

“North Shore Police would like to discuss a planned event you are involved with at the office of NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian’s [sic],” read the message.

“Are you please able to provide a phone number that we may contact you on. If you are not comfortable doing this please phone North Sydney Police Station and request to speak with Inspector Craig Huleatt.”

On first glance, the message looks like it might have been sent by an impostor pretending to be Michael Alexander, who is indeed a North Shore-based Police Officer. After all, that Michael Alexander’s profile picture is a low-res image of the NSW Police Force logo does not exactly inspire confidence that the messenger is legit.

For that reason, Junkee contacted NSW Police to the post, asked them to verify that the message was sent by an active member of the force, and pressed them on whether it is usual for officers to use Facebook messenger in such a manner.

In response, the Police Force said this: “Although it’s not encouraged, police officers may use social media on rare occasions to contact a person when there is no other option available.”

So yep: Michael Alexander is for real, and operating within the boundaries of acceptable — if not encouraged — police behaviour.

For Sniff Off, this is one more volley in a bizarre culture war waged by the Berejiklian government.

“The fact that the NSW Police Force is seriously investigating a Facebook event called “Leave a poo at Gladys Berejiklian’s doorstep” is ridiculous,” a spokesperson for Sniff Off told Junkee. “The event is clearly a tongue-in-cheek protest against the Premier’s failure to bring about change that actually benefits the people of NSW. This is a waste of police resources and taxpayer money.

“We believe NSW Police should be protecting the serving the community, not investigating joke Facebook events or intimidating people from accessing medical help at music festivals.”

And we can’t believe this needs to be said, but please don’t poo on Gladys Berejiklian’s doorstep.

“North Shore Police Area Command are aware of the satirical nature of this event,” NSW Police told Junkee. “However, warns any member of the public who attends the office and commits an offence, will be dealt with appropriately.”

Local policeman unable to comprehend the idea of satire

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

Hardly!

Perth has become somewhat of a mecca for independent burger joints in the past year or two, so if you feel like a cool change and some decent food you should pop over!

Oh really? Wow man. Perth has independent restaurants? SOunds awesome. We don't have those here on the east coast. Perth sounds like a hell of a place, we only eat mcdonalds in Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Don Dongington posted:

Hardly!

they opened a carls jr in melbourne the other day and i gave it a try.

absolute soggy dogshit. i could have put on a white button up shirt and made a decent falling down cosplay

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
So does Woolworths charging for more milk actually help farmers or just give more money to Woolworths?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Don Dongington posted:

Hardly!

Lol Perth has culture now

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Actually they had a nice whiskey bar a couple of years back

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Grill'd is a trap

Schnitz is great. Always order a fiery turban wrap kids.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

screaden posted:

So does Woolworths charging for more milk actually help farmers or just give more money to Woolworths?

I doubt that even Woolworths could get away with just not giving the extra money away so in that sense it's doing something

but the supermarkets have done more to hurt farmers with their criminally low pricing than any flood, and you can bet that they're not reducing their margins at all on the "charity milk"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Are wedges chips?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

hambeet posted:

Are wedges chips?

They're fruit.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hambeet posted:

Lol Perth has culture now

You should come over for the fringe festival next year then.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

NPR Journalizard posted:

You should come over for the fringe festival next year then.

Do it. GSC and I will take you out for lobster

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

hambeet posted:

It's the only time I like betroot so, sure

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Amethyst posted:

What is your opinion on chicken salt on battered fish?

Not a fan, but that's okay if it's your jam :)

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Look, we all know that the only respectable food in Australia is Kanga. Kanga Snags, Kanga steak, Kanga Roadkill, Kanga on toast, Kanga kanga...

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Amethyst posted:

This post reminds me of popcorn chicken. Life hack: Get some potato and gravy and dip the popcorn chicken in the gravy. Discard the lovely potato when you're done.

You can just ask for gravy instead of the potato and gravy

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

I want pizza now but no one else in this house reads this thread and they just want regular food. Thanks for nothing auspol.

tithin posted:

Local policeman unable to comprehend the idea of satire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajeL87l3prM

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/9NewsAdel/status/1097746620924465152

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
eating okonomiyaki with a sochu highball for lunch, get in the bin trash pizzas

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

I'd wager this isn't even the most corrupt thing they've done today.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
loving thread needs an hourly update like a bathurst broadcast. highlight the stacks and any other occasionally interesting bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Royal stacks?