Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

uncurable mlady posted:

donald trump might resign after his hilarious crime katamari finally spins out of control and crashes through the white house, but he will never see a day in prison.

even if none of the federal stuff gets out of hand, the minute he leaves office and steps foot in the state of new york, he's going to the tombs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

if she had any interest at all in serving the populace, she would resign

her deal can never pass as long as she relies on DUP for C+S. inking a C+S agreement with DUP was tantamount to suicide. by the time it was done, she and her cabinet should have fully known about the backstop and related matters

Still lolling at a guardian headline or tweet or something that stated "London property crisis hits new peak as house in Westminster is sold for £1billion"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

even if none of the federal stuff gets out of hand, the minute he leaves office and steps foot in the state of new york, he's going to the tombs

rich people don't face consequences like normal people do, my dude (unless they gently caress over other rich people)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

uncurable mlady posted:

rich people don't face consequences like normal people do, my dude (unless they gently caress over other rich people)

Currently loving over all kinds of other rich folks, one orange dipshit

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Currently loving over all kinds of other rich folks, one orange dipshit

stock market's doing great and corporations/extremely rich people got a massive tax handout, not sure how they're being hosed over?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

not to mention the mountain of deregulation that's been happening

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
welp iguess this is the yospos politics thread now

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

sorry for the derail.

incidentally working remotely is still going fantastic, but i do kinda miss the office. i think 90% of that is because winter sucks in the northeast and it's an effort to drag myself outside if i don't have to.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
shoe chat: I wear some variation on whatever my companies flagship sneaker is, because the shoe game at work is real, and you have to keep up with upper management.

salary chat: I made 141k according to IRS last year, should go up to slightly over 150k this year if my bonus is any good.

I also have a 20k retention bonus that hits 1/1/20. So while I think I am way underpaid, the next 13 months are semi lucrative(bonuses get paid in March).

I’m 30 and considered an SRE.

brexit chat: lololol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

freeasinbeer posted:

shoe chat: I wear some variation on whatever my companies flagship sneaker is, because the shoe game at work is real, and you have to keep up with upper management.

... do you work for a sneaker company?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

uncurable mlady posted:

mr. trump hosed over a bunch of rich people and faces ugly charges in new york

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

uncurable mlady posted:

sorry for the derail.

incidentally working remotely is still going fantastic, but i do kinda miss the office. i think 90% of that is because winter sucks in the northeast and it's an effort to drag myself outside if i don't have to.

if i had a remote job, no loving way i would choose to live year-round in the northeast

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

if i had a remote job, no loving way i would choose to live year-round in the northeast

we'd like to move, but the mrs needs to get a new job for that

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

parliament is crippled by some combination of cupidity and cynicism
:swoon:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

uncurable mlady posted:

we'd like to move, but the mrs needs to get a new job for that

yeah the tender mercies of my wife's work schedule is what stops me from loving off to miami for three months a year

my job isn't remote but they can just loving stuff it december to march thanks

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

uncurable mlady posted:

... do you work for a sneaker company?

my company makes sneakers.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

freeasinbeer posted:

my company makes sneakers.

smartsneakers?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
A second shoelover has hit the thread

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

your company makes these?

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

technically there are some that run C

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
the adobe air jordans

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
converse . *

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
LA blinkenlights

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
adidas samba share

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
nike air -f 1

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
sorry

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

uncurable mlady posted:

sorry for the derail.

getting a dog would help with the going outside. you may never get any work done but it’ll be nice and :unsmith:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Boiled Water posted:

getting a dog would help with the going outside. you may never get any work done but it’ll be nice and :unsmith:

yeah nothing cures depression like scraping frozen diarrhea off a sidewalk with a baggie

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

yeah nothing cures depression like scraping frozen diarrhea off a sidewalk with a baggie

if you live in the American north east you put that evil on yourself

if it’s frozen tho you could just leave it or wait a minute or two until it’s a plate of diarrhea and place it against your dog hating shed

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you're also young

don't forget how much of yospos is in their peak earning years

lol i just turned 31 and i feel old as hell. at lunch today we realized a friend of ours was only 23 because she had no idea what the adventures of pete and pete was

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Boiled Water posted:

if you live in the American north east you put that evil on yourself

if it’s frozen tho you could just leave it or wait a minute or two until it’s a plate of diarrhea and place it against your dog hating shed

notably i do not own a dog

i don't dislike dogs, it just seems cruel to take on a pet that needs walking, when the reality is i am gonna pay somebody else to do the walking

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

jit bull transpile posted:

lol i just turned 31 and i feel old as hell. at lunch today we realized a friend of ours was only 23 because she had no idea what the adventures of pete and pete was

right, well, that's gonna happen more and more over time

the point is, you're doing pretty damned well on the figgies, and you will do better in the future. i have no doubt that being a lesbian trans-woman has hurt your earnings, but that's not the whole story.

some of it just takes time, effort, and job-hopping

edit: p.s. i also have no idea what pete and pete is but i am probably at the other fringe of the age range there.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

looking forward to losing my youthful good looks and becoming an old rich person with an appreciation for smart shoes

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

qhat posted:

looking forward to losing my youthful good looks and becoming an old rich person with an appreciation for smart shoes

:yossame:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I am 28 and also have no idea what are the adventures of Pete and Pete. :shrug:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Also dogs are loving great and thanks to ours, I don't remember the last day I didn't spend multiple active hours outside.

Don't get them on a whim though, they are a significant commitment. And don't get a loving Pug.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Xarn posted:

Also dogs are loving great and thanks to ours, I don't remember the last day I didn't spend multiple active hours outside.

Don't get them on a whim though, they are a significant commitment. And don't get a loving Pug.

Or frenchie

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Xarn posted:

agreed, dogs own but don't get one if you can't commit

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Get, like, four cats instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

agreed, dogs own but don't get one if you can't commit
if you can’t commit to a dog, get a long doggo

even if you can commit to a dog, still get a long doggo