Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
it's still so funny how often rimuru heals people by hitting them with water balloons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
https://giant.gfycat.com/GlossyLegitimateIrukandjijellyfish.webm

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ranga is literally a flying rainbow-farting unicorn now and it is the beeeest. :allears:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Grouchio posted:

Ranga is literally a flying rainbow-farting unicorn now and it is the beeeest. :allears:

Rainbow Runner!!!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

doomrider7 posted:

I hate the changes Rabbit has made. It's so confusing now. Last time I'll be doing in any case, since my Crunchy expires this week. A lot of stuff is not quite going to make sense from previous skipped content and some things got trimmed out like an explanation by Geld about who these guys are including adding all of the sketches of the Clown Troupe. Next episode title worries me a LOT since it means a LOOOOOOOOOOT of stuff(mostly world building and character stuff) could be grtting skipped which REALLY loving sucks.

You know there's a whole thread where you can get 48hr free passes to Crunchy from other goons, right? If you grab one a week at the right time you can keep watching. :shrug:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I have a feeling next ep is going to skip pretty much all of eurazania envoy/dwargon visit/brumund/the journey to ingracia and go straight to the kids

not sure how to feel about that? hopefully there will be an OVA or two that includes all this skipped poo poo because its the entire reason i got invested in the manga/LN

e: also sound design continues to be on point, the explosions and weapon sounds are super good

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Beasteh posted:

I have a feeling next ep is going to skip pretty much all of eurazania envoy/dwargon visit/brumund/the journey to ingracia and go straight to the kids

not sure how to feel about that? hopefully there will be an OVA or two that includes all this skipped poo poo because its the entire reason i got invested in the manga/LN

e: also sound design continues to be on point, the explosions and weapon sounds are super good

That's what I'm worried about yeah. 😟

jng2058 posted:

You know there's a whole thread where you can get 48hr free passes to Crunchy from other goons, right? If you grab one a week at the right time you can keep watching. :shrug:

Yeah I know it's cool. Don't want to support Crunchy period that's the thing. Money plays into it as well, but there's nothing my regular membership doesn't do for me.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
The large-scale part of the Charybdis fight was super generic and uninteresting in my opinion, and even without any knowledge of the source material, the last few episodes have felt so rushed that the series' slice of life charm is becoming an afterthought. Not sure if I'll stick with it much longer at this rate.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Sophism posted:

The large-scale part of the Charybdis fight was super generic and uninteresting in my opinion, and even without any knowledge of the source material, the last few episodes have felt so rushed that the series' slice of life charm is becoming an afterthought. Not sure if I'll stick with it much longer at this rate.

Yeah I've been feeling that too. All I can do is recommended the manga and LN from which a LOT of stuff got cut which has been bothering me A LOT these past few weeks and episodes.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/TenseiSlime/comments/ar55sy/update_on_how_the_series_is_doing_in_japan/?st=js8a3x67&sh=f609d0c0

Update on how the series is doing in Japan

*No.2 in Oricon series 2018-12 monthly ranking with ¥701.6 mil. mostly from manga sales (volume 10 released).

*No.3 in Oricon series 2019-01 monthly ranking with ¥644.2 mil. This should already included ¥ ~97.6 mil. from BD/DVD sales, and a lot of light novel + manga backlog sales due to new year. All the light novel volumes entered Oricon 2019-01 light novel monthly top 50, and volume 13.5 ranked No.1. Yea, a data book took the top spot of light novel ranking last month...

*Currently the EXQ Rimuru figure are either selling at double to triple the original price (some are even 2nd hand goods) in Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. I have seen ¥7000 ~ ¥14000 in Japan (Tokyo and Yokohama). The only place now to buy it with original price in the region is likely via BiliBili (China).

*Light novel is selling around 25K copies of backlogs per month.

*Manga is outselling Attack of Titan in the eBook department of Koudansha. Actually it is outselling nearly everything in the eBook market in Japan based on the 2018 yearly rankings of the major eBook sites as it is ranked either No.1 (manga list) or No.2 in overall sales only behind Overlord LN (Ainz sama is god of eBook 2018). Tensura LN also in top 10~20 in overall 2018.

*Ichiban Kuji volume 2 Japan, has enough stocks to last around 2~3 weeks this time. A few prize F and G in 2nd hand shops.

*Ichiban Kuji volume 2 Taiwan, most of them nearby sold out before 6pm on release day....on a week day. Some are selling the ticket at higher than street price. Seen some prize A alone selling at crazy price.

*Ichiban Kuji volume 2 Hong Kong (2019-01), sold out the same day it released which nobody even noticed. Spent whole day asking around shops but no 2nd hand goods can be found.

*2018-12 : One Piece, Slime (manga vol.10 + backlog) 2019-01: Idol M@ster, Promised Neverland, Slime (LN 13.5 + backlogs)

*Latest Slime manga (vol.10 released in Dec) is currently selling double the copies of Promised Neverland manga (vol.12 releases in Jan), and now in the same range of My Hero Academy and Attack of Titan per volume sales.

*The series overall is currently at 100+ millions yen revenue weekly since the anime started and this trend is likely to last for a while longer. Oricon doesn’t report on the eBook sales or 3rd party merchandises. I’d estimate they already earned enough for the entire anime (25 episodes + 1 OAD) back in 2018.

*There are reports of Taiwan and Hong Kong (same localization publisher) is seriously having shortage of some LN volumes especially LN 11 which the publisher is sill re-printing to catch up on demands. Funny thing is a lot of people ONLY buy LN 11 to pay respect (there are Chinese fan translations of the LN) which is part of the reason that caused the shortage. LN 12 limited edition (with the Luminous side story booklet) also sold out.

Hey guys, I think Slime is doing pretty well for itself.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Rimuru please stop printing money from your body you'll break the economy.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ViggyNash posted:

Rimuru please stop printing money from your body you'll break the economy.

I'm still kind of bummed at the pacing of the anime(though some of it CAN be fixed), but this pretty much guarantees that there'll be a second season and likely some OVA's of some kind. I just hope that they give the production crew more leeway. ESPECIALLY for the stuff that comes after this arc.

Edit: The more I read the LN version of the events, the more I'm pissed off about the stuff they cut from the Dwarf Kings visit and the Demon Lord meeting and can only hope it gets added in at a later iccadion among several other things that got cut.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 18, 2019

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Weekly Slime Watch.

https://lets.rabb.it/WJoIyAvApU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

oh look they skipped all the poo poo i said they would

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Did not expect Salt Bae to have been big enough to hit Japan.

Also I'm not sure whether this guy who didn't even ask about One Piece is either a true man who refuses to go on boring adventures, or the lowest scum who isn't even curious.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Beasteh posted:

oh look they skipped all the poo poo i said they would

Huge loving bummer too since there was a lot of great stuff. They also changed some of the Milim stuff.

Gyges posted:

Did not expect Salt Bae to have been big enough to hit Japan.

Also I'm not sure whether this guy who didn't even ask about One Piece is either a true man who refuses to go on boring adventures, or the lowest scum who isn't even curious.

Licensing issues most likely as that's a Shueisha series and this is a Kodansha one. Also, shoutout to Land of the Lustrous, Cell's at Work and even a cover of Slime.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 18, 2019

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

For a non-spoiler reference point for anime viewers, the anime is rapidly catching up to the mangas, which started wayyyy before the anime.

They're skipping over a *ton* of detail, including stuff like (missing scene spoiler) the fact that in the manga Rimuru came to the city with the 3 adventurers that Shizu hangs out with and they talked about some worldbuilding for both this country and its religion

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Conot posted:

For a non-spoiler reference point for anime viewers, the anime is rapidly catching up to the mangas, which started wayyyy before the anime.

They're skipping over a *ton* of detail, including stuff like (missing scene spoiler) the fact that in the manga Rimuru came to the city with the 3 adventurers that Shizu hangs out with and they talked about some worldbuilding for both this country and its religion

Gotta hope for some OVA's. They also skipped the Dwargon visit and Beast Nation stuff.

No clue why since outside of OVA intro, lots of later stuff(including some soon stuff)is not gonna make sense AT ALL.

Alfredo Jones
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty please with sugar on top?

Seems our little slime friend either made an autobiography or he's seen into the future.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
It's a joke.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He ate our reality as a snack, and now he knows everything.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Houseki Season 2 next year please?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Grouchio posted:

Houseki Season 2 next year please?

That was the magazine on top of Slime in the episode.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I am not interested in slime academia. Please eat the children and go back to the forest.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Getting caught back up, I love how dorky charybdis looks and how they work his stupid face in constantly to defuse any tension.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Did Milim go to the same place the Simpsons cartoon, dog cartoon, went?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Gobuchi and Haruna perform Salt Bae

Ranga reminds us he's goodest of all bois.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Feb 19, 2019

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Sad that they didn't work in Yuuki being curious about how FMA ended, I liked that reference. Glad they kept that manga printing in, with how the conversation was going I was worried they were going to skip it. The huge manga pile in the room really came across well in the anime too.

Lame to skip quite a bit of stuff, but that's kind of par for the course for any adaptation. Now that it's a big hit and they know that before the next season, my hope is that they really take their time and don't leave stuff like that out, kind of get every episode they can out of this hot property by covering everything. It's got tons of slow-paced slice of life elements too so it's not like you're hurting the pacing. Find that nice middle ground where you include basically everything from the LN and manga to some degree, but don't go on as deep a dive into the worldbuilding.

By which I mean give us the stuff described in Conot's post but leave out the details on the trade economy or sewer systems or whatever wild details I've heard the LN goes into.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It seems that they can easily fill in the gaps with some OVA's maybe shuffle some stuff around.

I like this new direction. Rimiru better save these kids!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

doomrider7 posted:

Ranga reminds us he's goodest of all bois.

He watched that guy decapitate his dad right in front of him.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

drilldo squirt posted:

It's called Klingon Promotion for a reason.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

drilldo squirt posted:

Dire

Wolves

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I for one am looking forward to Rimuru enduring the trials of parenthood

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Spiritus Nox posted:

I for one am looking forward to Rimuru enduring the trials of parenthood

Pseudo-been there, pseudo-done that by way of nieces and nephews. It's how he manages to tame and deal with Milim so well. As an aside, normally I'd do an arc write-up, but the sheer amount of stuff that got trimmed or outright skipped will make this hard so I'll just leave it up as a QnA type of thing for those interested and HOPE that this stuff comes back as OVA's later on.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

There really are absolutely no stakes. Every grave threat is resolved with the flick of a wrist by some overwhelmingly powerful person. It's like you have your typical shonen, but the protagonist is already all powerful before the bad guy shows up, and just smashes every antagonist who shows up without a second thought. All the characters are basically cardboard cutouts who just fawn over our protag and have no other character qualities about them.

Honestly, everything to do with the newly created country has be pretty bad and uninteresting as well. He faces no challenges for the organizing of the society he's building out of no where, everyone seems to live in perfect harmony, every potential enemy of the state happily signs mutual defense pacts or NAP after a 2 minute meeting.

What is the point?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
To be honest, I can't really argue with that. The show mostly feels like comfort food now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
From what I hear, though I don't know specifics, it seems that changes very quickly after where we are.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

From what I hear, though I don't know specifics, it seems that changes very quickly after where we are.

3/4 of the way through a long first season is pretty late for an inciting incident, if that's what we were headed towards. Unless you're just talking about pacing.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ViggyNash posted:

To be honest, I can't really argue with that. The show mostly feels like comfort food now.

They cut out a LOT of stuff. Roughly a volume and a half of manga stuff almost 3/4 of a light novel of material. All of it world building and character stuff which really sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really don't know what happens after where the anime currently is really, but I kept seeing people who are familiar with the LN and such getting real worked up that I guess this is where poo poo Gets Real, so I guess I'd view everything that has happened so far as a sort of prologue if that's the case. Or like, the East Blue arc of One Piece, before they get to the Grand Line, I guess? That's just the sort of feeling I've gotten from people being vague, though, I might be off. If that's the case though, I'm excited

Edit:

doomrider7 posted:

They cut out a LOT of stuff. Roughly a volume and a half of manga stuff almost 3/4 of a light novel of material. All of it world building and character stuff which really sucks.
Yeah that's super disappointing to see, a lot of it is great stuff too. It's a big shame.