Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://soundcloud.com/radio-chaser...9MN5wcmVANSVSbw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's cool that none of this insanely obvious corruption they're not even bothering to hide will ever come to anything. insanely good country

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Breaking news. cfemu now representing naruan concentration camps. lobbies labor to protect blue collar jobs

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Breaking news. cfemu now representing naruan concentration camps. lobbies labor to protect blue collar jobs

gently caress you you dickhead what if concentration camp guards don’t want to transition to another job did you think of that huh?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GoldStandardConure posted:

spirit + soda water

ah, bourbon and coke

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

well, never going to get that week back

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Nauru should be more respectful no one would notice if we rocked up and murdered everyone and ran the camp with no middle man.

Actually leave one alive and pay them to do an everything is fine broadcast once a month.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

JBP posted:

Nauru should be more respectful no one would notice if we rocked up and murdered everyone and ran the camp with no middle man.

Actually leave one alive and pay them to do an everything is fine broadcast once a month.

Annex Nauru, declare its citizens illegals, put them in the camps too

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

NTRabbit posted:

Annex Nauru, declare its citizens illegals, put them in the camps too

Annex Nauru, put it's citizens on leaky boats, blame Labor, THEN you can declare them illegals and put them in the camps.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BrigadierSensible posted:

Annex Nauru, put it's citizens on leaky boats, blame Labor, THEN you can declare them illegals and put them in the camps.

:hmmyes:
- IPA

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Amethyst posted:

Pizza is like sex. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

You clearly haven't been having the same pizza and sex as I have.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Lid posted:

Sup

I'm currently in Hiroshima

Do you know this very famous Japanese saying?死ねカス(Shii-nay, kasu) means "Have a nice day" in Hiroshima dialect.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

ewe2 posted:

I guess they got a memo and a nice brown paper bag of money.

No need, the Paladin stuff is tied into the PNG government, they receive a bunch of that half billion dollars.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sex is like pizza. I don't know how to make it good so I have to buy it from someone :(

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/BevanShields/status/1097797384233353216

He's kinda right though.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Aesculus posted:

Do you know this very famous Japanese saying?死ねカス(Shii-nay, kasu) means "Have a nice day" in Hiroshima dialect.

Child

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Sex is like pizza. I don't know how to make it good so I have to buy it from someone :(

:(:hf::(

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Sex is like pizza. Really greasy.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Sex is like pizza: you really shouldn’t use pineapples.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Thread is getting sad.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

28766f69642a2930 posted:

ah, bourbon and coke

yes

except no

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Ingredients

3/4 ounce green creme de menthe

3/4 ounce white creme de cacao

3/4 ounce light cream 

Instructions

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour in all ingredients.

Shake until chilled, and strain the mixture into a cocktail glass.

Garnish with a sprig of mint.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
just pour whiskey directly into your mouth until you can't remember Australian politics

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

just pour whiskey directly into your mouth until you can't remember Australian politics

RIP GSC.

Never4got

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Isn't there a pretty strong risk that the house of reps will no confidence the government if they pull poo poo to avoid the consequences of the medivac bill passing? I thought the general consensus was that if they were babies about taking the bill to be signed then there'd be a no confidence vote, and it seems to me this is essentially the same thing (except worse). I know most of the independents have said they don't want to bring down the government and a lot of them will potentially lose their seats in an election, but if they can't use their power because the government refuses to let them then what's even the point?

Let me have my wishful thinking, okay.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Aesculus posted:

The gently caress kind of lovely pronunciation guide is that?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

When you're CFMEU and your only ally is Katter.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Anidav posted:

Or vicsoc, or phon, or shooters, or

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Organza Quiz posted:

Isn't there a pretty strong risk that the house of reps will no confidence the government if they pull poo poo to avoid the consequences of the medivac bill passing? I thought the general consensus was that if they were babies about taking the bill to be signed then there'd be a no confidence vote, and it seems to me this is essentially the same thing (except worse). I know most of the independents have said they don't want to bring down the government and a lot of them will potentially lose their seats in an election, but if they can't use their power because the government refuses to let them then what's even the point?

Let me have my wishful thinking, okay.

this is why it'll never happen op

(also they're cowards)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

We're slowly suffering from this political :decorum: bullshit that has lead to where the US is now - the Republicans run roughshod over all laws and decency and the only opposition are the Democrats who are centrist at best and when they do get power don't wield it to punish the Republicans - because they would get caught in the net.

Look at Cash, look at Littleproud, Cormann - clear corruption on show but Labor won't do poo poo about it once they're in power because they don't want the lamps turned on them next time they're in opposition. I don't see us ever getting so bad we get a Trump like figure but gently caress me unless Labor left can really pull a big shift we're in deep poo poo.

Also federal ICAC now

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:laffo: Cash is demanding an apology

https://twitter.com/SenatorDoug/status/1097797179010248704

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

The Lord Bude posted:

Sex is like pizza: you really shouldn’t use pineapples.

Lol

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Anidav posted:

RIP

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/MmichaelLlucy/status/1097705795477635073

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Hmm yes, an assuredly unproblematic use of those words

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Remember when there was accountability?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_rorts_affair

These days that would be considered a normal day's business and not the cause for a single column inch (Except for the Australian who would find a way to praise the Minister responsible).

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Endman posted:

Hmm yes, an assuredly unproblematic use of those words

We've had that argument already - can't remember if it was JBP or Amethyst with the galaxy brain take that they are fine to be called activists but I still say we should just call these fuckers Nazis and get it over with

Previously it was in relation to "right-wing activists" filming African teens at the beach without their approval

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

MysticalMachineGun posted:

We've had that argument already - can't remember if it was JBP or Amethyst with the galaxy brain take that they are fine to be called activists but I still say we should just call these fuckers Nazis and get it over with

Previously it was in relation to "right-wing activists" filming African teens at the beach without their approval

It is activism. You can be an activist for fascism; as you can for any political change. It's not a protected word that only applies to the virtuous.

e: they should have said fascist, racist or far-right activist

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
As a quick aside, does anyone have any experience with the ETF style super funds Host Plus and Rest? Was reading about them the other day and they seem to beat out all the other ones quite consistently though that makes me think that there's more than it seems going on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

JBP posted:

It is activism. You can be an activist for fascism; as you can for any political change. It's not a protected word that only applies to the virtuous.

e: they should have said fascist, racist or far-right activist

The idea is that language structures thought so if you can enforce ideology at the level of language you are furthering your cause.

Which is absolutely correct, obviously, but it's also dangerous. If you employ these tactics so will your enemies. It's fine to do this when your side is winning but what about when the fascists come to power and enforce it the other way, tit for tat? In my opinion it's best to leave these linguistic nukes under a non-proliferation treaty but that seems quaint in a world where "free speech" is seen as a dirty phrase.