Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

hobbesmaster posted:

Nah, she needs to primary Schumer before becoming president. :berned:

Please, I can only get so erect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Casimir Radon posted:

Sanders is way too old. Maybe bring him on as VP but one term as president will kill him.

Maybe he will take america with him

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Maybe he will take america with him

Inshallah.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
If the worst knock we can find on Sanders is he's old then so be it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hobbesmaster posted:

Nah, she needs to primary Schumer before becoming president. :berned:

AOC as Dem Majority Leader keeping the caucus in line behind a Sanders agenda would own pretty hard.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Sanders is way too old. Maybe bring him on as VP but one term as president will kill him.

I don't disagree but literally everyone else is running on "better things aren't possible" so Bernie 2020 because the national democratic party never learns.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

This primary is going to be such a poo poo show :cripes:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

But don't you remember how DJT said he'd be the best for rich LGBTQ individuals?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Is anybody actually still listening to Louise Mensch?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh, I thought the age restriction was only for president? That sucks.

When the Constitution was written the Vice President was the first runner-up in the election, so therefore they had to be eligible to be President to run in the first place. When they changed that with the 12th Amendment they specified the Vice President has to be eligible to be President.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Proud Christian Mom posted:

If the worst knock we can find on Sanders is he's old then so be it

He seems very healthy and he's been in high level politics forever so I don't really buy the argument that he's going to wither away from the stress of the presidency. Dude is sinking free throws and running around the subway better than most people in their 40s.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

my kinda ape posted:

He seems very healthy and he's been in high level politics forever so I don't really buy the argument that he's going to wither away from the stress of the presidency. Dude is sinking free throws and running around the subway better than most people in their 40s.

My main concern is that he'd be eighty fuckin' seven by the time his second term is up. My grandfather's in his eighties, hasn't had many major health problems, still goes skiing and does a lot of his own lawn work and home maintenance, and I fully expect him to be around for his 90th birthday, but I can still see how he's slowed down tremendously from even ten years ago. 2021-2029 is going to be an immensely challenging time for our country that's going to require bold and active leadership, and I just don't know if Bernie's going to be physically or mentally capable of handling those challenges during the last half of that stretch.

I will say that in the grand scheme of things his age is less important than other factors, particularly his policies or his ability to get policies enacted, but it's still a big factor I just can't shake. Especially when there's far less daylight policy-wise between Sanders and the other challengers than there was between Sanders and Clinton.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

My main concern is that he'd be eighty fuckin' seven by the time his second term is up. My grandfather's in his eighties, hasn't had many major health problems, still goes skiing and does a lot of his own lawn work and home maintenance, and I fully expect him to be around for his 90th birthday, but I can still see how he's slowed down tremendously from even ten years ago. 2021-2029 is going to be an immensely challenging time for our country that's going to require bold and active leadership, and I just don't know if Bernie's going to be physically or mentally capable of handling those challenges during the last half of that stretch.

I will say that in the grand scheme of things his age is less important than other factors, particularly his policies or his ability to get policies enacted, but it's still a big factor I just can't shake. Especially when there's far less daylight policy-wise between Sanders and the other challengers than there was between Sanders and Clinton.

I feel you. If it was Sanders or Warren, I'd go with Warren. If it's Sanders vs Gabbard then fuckin lol I love my 90 year old president.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
NYT basically has a long story further confirming Trump's obstruction of justice in trying to rein in SDNY, plus former AG Whitaker perjuring himself in front of Congress.

https://twitter.com/NickRiccardi/status/1097922034850353154?s=19

Whitaker told Congress that Trump never interfered in anything, which sure seems to be a pre-planned lie.

:toot:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

my kinda ape posted:

The main downside of running an old candidate, in theory, is that people might vote for the younger one instead. I don't know if that's going to be a problem running against Trump, who's barely younger and visibly less healthy.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Ugh there a chud rally going on in Ottawa today asking for more oil pipelines and to leave the UN or something?

Albertan oil isn't even worth refining with cheap oil prices so more oil supply is bad for Alberta anyways but this isn't about oil. It's about immigration, taxes, etc like all reactionary movements

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Warren being a republican until 1996 is mind boggling and makes me think a lot less of her, Bernie is a million years old and won't be able to get anything done with the dem establishment hating him, and all the rest of the Dems don't seem to believe in anything, or worse. Such are the wages of the party culling anyone left of center for two generations - when the voters move left, they don't have much to hold on to. No one with Bernie's views could have survived the party.

Blarg.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The main downside of running an old candidate, in theory, is that people might vote for the younger one instead. I don't know if that's going to be a problem running against Trump, who's barely younger and visibly less healthy.

Not according to his doctor

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/_ericblanc/status/1097914729836687360

Labor action works again

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Best Friends posted:

Warren being a republican until 1996 is mind boggling and makes me think a lot less of her, Bernie is a million years old and won't be able to get anything done with the dem establishment hating him, and all the rest of the Dems don't seem to believe in anything, or worse. Such are the wages of the party culling anyone left of center for two generations - when the voters move left, they don't have much to hold on to. No one with Bernie's views could have survived the party.

Blarg.

A lot, and I mean a lot, of gen-x and baby boomer democrats were republicans prior to George W. Bush. A good number of them voted for Clinton and began to migrate over, but the democratic party of the 00s through present is chock full of people who were republicans prior. The PPACA is almost a lift of Bob Dole's 1996 healthcare plan and was almost identical to Romney's healthcare plan as governor.

Generally speaking, the Democratic Party is not liberal when compared to the rest of the world. It's been good to finally drag it to the left, but they've been "republican-lite" for most of my adult life.

e: I grew up in rural rear end west texas and believed a lot of republican talking points (because it's the only ones I heard) up until I actually got to grow up and experience the world.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Hell yeah hopefully other industries are taking notice.

The democratic party sucks but at this point I'd be pretty happy with FEMA death camps forcing people to be vaccinated and eat organic food so I might not have the most balanced view. The fact that Donald Trump is president means I'll happily adopt any policy that means his presidency ends sooner rather than later.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 19, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Sanders Duckworth

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Still don't get why they didn't go with US Space Corps since it will be under USAF and keeping with how the naming is with the Marines

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Syrian Lannister posted:

Sanders Duckworth

Duckworth Buttigieg: Duck/Butt

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Nick Soapdish posted:

Still don't get why they didn't go with US Space Corps since it will be under USAF and keeping with how the naming is with the Marines

He’s stuck calling it “space force” due to his dumb speeches.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Yeah, the payload trajectories are calculated by 19 year olds who went to a year of tech/hazing school. Yeah that team of 19 year olds is led by a chud who graduated Eastern Missouri Baptist with a 3.5 gpa in basket weaving. Yeah our trajectories have been "consistently" "wrong" leading to "total module failure." But guess what buddy, if you don't like the space force, you hate our troops just as much as the guys who kneel at the anthem.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nick Soapdish posted:

Space Corpse is pretty much how lively the Space Force is going to be irl

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Warren isn't going to win because she was stupid enough to engage Trump in race science on his terms

Like that's an astounding lack of political acumen

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Best Friends posted:

Yeah, the payload trajectories are calculated by 19 year olds who went to a year of tech/hazing school. Yeah that team of 19 year olds is led by a chud who graduated Eastern Missouri Baptist with a 3.5 gpa in basket weaving. Yeah our trajectories have been "consistently" "wrong" leading to "total module failure." But guess what buddy, if you don't like the space force, you hate our troops just as much as the guys who kneel at the anthem.

Also it's gonna cost billions of dollars to get them to do the things that they're already doing right now, just with different uniforms. Please look forward to it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The succ is out in full force in my facebook feeds and I'm busy alienating almost every remaining non-chud member of my family by responding to all criticism of Bernie PBUH by reminding them Pelosi's older or agreeing that yes Joe Biden is all of those things you just said.

The trumpers never get this mad. Today is the best loving day of my life.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I love it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Just dump them in the ocean bin-Laden style.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Woof Blitzer posted:

Just dump them in the ocean bin-Laden style.

There's too much trash in the oceans already

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the best thing about bernie running is we get to see more Larry David

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_175

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the best thing about bernie running is we get to see more Larry David

Heaven: Watching Larry David every week.

Purgatory: ...doing impressions.

Hell: ...written by the staff of SNL.

QED.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

:lol: Perfect.