Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

every good scifi novel hinges upon the navy being the ones that transitions into the branch of service that operates in space so this is hosed up that they're giving it to the air force what are they gonna do for loving boarding parties, send over air assault hooah nerds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Biden is Pinnacle 3701, the analogy holds

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

We had a form going around asking if we were interested in joining the space force reserve last drill.

Lol it’s already a poo poo show on earth. I’m not going to on an AT to the moon to sweep foot prints.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I would absolutely do it because you could make bank writing a book about that clusterfuck.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I would totally go so I could draw a big dong in the moon dust that won’t blow away. It would be the new “making a dong flight path” controversy but it’s worth the article 15.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

She means that Bernie is a weekly flight from Guam to Pohnpei with a stop in Chuuk.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ua176

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
<rips an absolutely sicknasty fart>

SPACE FORCE

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
So Donald Cook is being deployed to the Black Sea to conduct solidarity exercises with the Ukrainian Navy.

It’s in the Navy Times and Washington Examiner. Second one is meh

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Pretty sure we'll be able to fit them all in one small golf course. We can turn the others into parks or whatever.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

every good scifi novel hinges upon the navy being the ones that transitions into the branch of service that operates in space so this is hosed up that they're giving it to the air force what are they gonna do for loving boarding parties, send over air assault hooah nerds?

Nah, they'll recruit the same people who become JTACs: the people who decided to join the Airforce just so they could be in the Army.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

by the time we have actual spaceships needing enlisted crew, the United States definitely will no longer be the hegemon. Hopefully whoever actually is doesn't repeat our mistake of giving space to the air force

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
We'll never make it off this rock in sufficient numbers to need a real space force.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Vasudus posted:

We'll never make it off this rock in sufficient numbers to need a real space force.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
jesus it's like y'all never watched the stargate tv show

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

psydude posted:

Nah, they'll recruit the same people who become JTACs: the people who decided to join the Airforce just so they could be in the Army.

And be left behind by the navy?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
This is my problem with Sanders:

quote:

When asked by VPR’s Bob Kinzel if he’s worried that he might no longer best represent “the face of the new Democratic Party,” Sanders defended his campaign by invoking Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech — a pro-Black civil rights speech that was definitely not intended to give white men the confidence to run for president.

“We have got to look at candidates, you know, not by the color of their skin, not by their sexual orientation, or their gender, and not by their age,” he continued. “I mean, I think we have got to try to move us toward a non-discriminatory society which looks at people based on their abilities, based on what they stand for.”

He still does not understand that race, gender, and sexual orientation matter. They aren't secondary or subordinate to economics. He doesn't understand that a minority perspective is a positive attribute, not a neutral one.

He doesn't get that at this point, old white straight men need to sit the gently caress down and support or shut up.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

This is my problem with Sanders:

He still does not understand that race, gender, and sexual orientation matter. They aren't secondary or subordinate to economics. He doesn't understand that a minority perspective is a positive attribute, not a neutral one.

He doesn't get that at this point, old white straight men need to sit the gently caress down and support or shut up.

The problem right now is that the follow up to that is “and therefore we need to elect a woman of color that prosecuted poor black weed users while toking up at home herself”

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

hobbesmaster posted:

The problem right now is that the follow up to that is “and therefore we need to elect a woman of color that prosecuted poor black weed users while toking up at home herself”

She isn't the only one in the race and his statement was tone deaf and privileged as gently caress.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I get that as an issue but it seems that standard only gets applied to Bernie Sanders. Biden literally gave Strom Thurmond's eulogy and got into politics to fight bussing, but the woke police have not made any arrests there. It feels tactical. Like how in 2016, suddenly republicans everywhere cared deeply about email security policies.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Vasudus posted:

When you think about it, Earth is just a bucket full of crabs.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Best Friends posted:

I get that as an issue but it seems that standard only gets applied to Bernie Sanders. Biden literally gave Strom Thurmond's eulogy and got into politics to fight bussing, but the woke police have not made any arrests there. It feels tactical. Like how in 2016, suddenly republicans everywhere cared deeply about email security policies.

Biden isn't running yo.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

And be left behind by the navy?

:drat:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hannibal Rex posted:

When you think about it, Earth is just a bucket full of crabs.

Crab man will inherit the earth

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Best Friends posted:

its an issue for people who saw no problem with Hillary's superpredators comment or Kamala locking up every poor person they could find

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Crab man will inherit the earth

Then the rubber band will be on the other claw! :zoid:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Icon Of Sin posted:

Then the rubber band will be on the other claw! :zoid:

Hahaah

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The Sandinator raised 3.3 million in 10 hours.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
lol if training in the space force is like in "Forever War" wont half the recruits straight up kill themselves/friends/everyone around them

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Doc Hawkins posted:

The Sandinator raised 3.3 million in 10 hours.

cant believe bernie sanders is running on "da broads, they're no good", not a good look

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry

Hot Karl Marx posted:

lol if training in the space force is like in "Forever War" wont half the recruits straight up kill themselves/friends/everyone around them

Ohhh, is that the point of Afghanistan?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

so what's new

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Can't wait for are brave space force vets to get denied benefits for pandorum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZirLs9qGhQ

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 20, 2019

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
humanity will die on this rock thread and some race far in the future who pivoted to safe nuclear energy and didn't burn out their cradle world with unsustainable exploitation will find the sunk shattered ruins of our civilization.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

cant believe bernie sanders is running on "da broads, they're no good", not a good look

you may just have what it takes to make it in the newsroom

https://twitter.com/curaffairs/status/1097930245997502464

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

LOL at the idea of manned spaceships somehow beating robot ones.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Doc Hawkins posted:

hahahaha

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Waroduce posted:

humanity will die on this rock thread and some race far in the future who pivoted to safe nuclear energy and didn't burn out their cradle world with unsustainable exploitation will find the sunk shattered ruins of our civilization.

As long as the last thing we build is Wall-E I don't think I care that much.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Are they making fun of a Jewish NYC accent?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

hobbesmaster posted:

Are they making fun of a Jewish NYC accent?

It’s only antisemetic if you’re criticizing Israel :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Bernie, who isn't even a democrat, is anti-semetic