Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It’s only antisemetic if you’re criticizing Israel :ssh:

It just seems like an exceptionally bold move. Like last day when you’re being fired type thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

hobbesmaster posted:

It just seems like an exceptionally bold move. Like last day when you’re being fired type thing.

https://twitter.com/osamabishounen/status/1097857601662988293?s=21

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Lmao

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Bernie, who isn't even a democrat, is anti-semetic

I heard he had several family members who were closely involved in the holocaust

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

shame on an IGA posted:

I heard he had several family members who were closely involved in the holocaust

Bernie and George Soros were guards at Auschwitz.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

From your favorite pseudowoke Kinja publication, The Root, Sanders and his supporters truly believe that America’s favorite disheveled tax preparer has the best chance of dethroning President Donald Trump next year.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
oh boy this primary is already going places isn't it

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
MAGA child sues WaPo for defamation, claims damages of $Texas: (fixed link)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-covington-suit-idUSKCN1Q82SW

How do damages work, just pick a number and hope for a cool judge/jury?

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 20, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

egyptian rat race posted:

MAGA child sues WaPo for defamation, claims damages of $Texas:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-covington-suit

It's tragic how this child's life was ruined :qq:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Is it really sandmans fault he ran way to the left of Hildawg? and didn't prosecute people for smoking the devils cabbage while himself partook of it?

I got no problem with Warren though, although I hope she learned the lesson about rakes and not stepping on them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

oh boy this primary is already going places isn't it

Trumps gonna win

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

egyptian rat race posted:

MAGA child sues WaPo for defamation, claims damages of $Texas: (fixed link)
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-covington-suit-idUSKCN1Q82SW

Not with this one, the entire point was to file suit and post the filing on the internet. I'm guessing he found some a chud Avenatti type lawyer Avenazi who wants to cash out of practicing law (because poo poo like this is a great way to end up disbarred in KY and refused pro hac vice admission in all other courts by making every judge fully aware you intend to use their courtroom as a loving circus) and get on that fat pulsating chud welfare gravytrain.

Expect a "fund my dumb loving lawsuit" gofundme any day now.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Waroduce posted:

humanity will die on this rock thread and some race far in the future who pivoted to safe nuclear energy and didn't burn out their cradle world with unsustainable exploitation will find the sunk shattered ruins of our civilization.

And they shall marvel at the fascination with genitalia.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Defenestrategy posted:

Is it really sandmans fault he ran way to the left of Hildawg? and didn't prosecute people for smoking the devils cabbage while himself partook of it?

I got no problem with Warren though, although I hope she learned the lesson about rakes and not stepping on them.

IDK, I think the media still does a pretty bang-up job of turning a turd sandwich into a poo poo avalanche, and IIRC a lot of the issues surrounding the DNA test were disingenuously targeted (shocking, I know). Sanders could've used his platform to bolster a candidate like Warren and draw attention to where the media is being lovely about their coverage, but instead-- eehh. I'm not super enthusiastic about it.

I'd just like one election to go by where we're not talking about wardrobe and likability. Like, just one.

Also, whoever said '$15/hour should be the floor you work up from on a state by state basis' is correct.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 20, 2019

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

And my axe

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fallom posted:

And my axe

I didn't know they still sold that nasty poo poo

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Old Boot posted:

IDK, I think the media still does a pretty bang-up job of turning a turd sandwich into a poo poo avalanche, and IIRC a lot of the issues surrounding the DNA test were disingenuously targeted (shocking, I know). Sanders could've used his platform to bolster a candidate like Warren and draw attention to where the media is being lovely about their coverage, but instead-- eehh. I'm not super enthusiastic about it.

I'd just like one election to go by where we're not talking about wardrobe and likability. Like, just one.

Also, whoever said '$15/hour should be the floor you work up from on a state by state basis' is correct.

Pretty much how I'm feeling as well.

I'm pulling for Warren unless Duckworth suddenly decides she wants to run. I don't dislike Sanders, but I like Warren a hell of a lot more for whatever reason.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Pretty much how I'm feeling as well.

I'm pulling for Warren unless Duckworth suddenly decides she wants to run. I don't dislike Sanders, but I like Warren a hell of a lot more for whatever reason.

anti-semitism

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Old man sanders is old old old.

He old.

Duckworth better run. Her drat husband better step up and take the baby of her hands for the good of the country.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm not enthusiastic about any of the candidates so far. I kinda hope the primaries are over with by the time it gets to VA. Harris will probably get the nomination and probably the presidency which is...eh. Whatever.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

anti-semitism

lol. I know you're joking but I fully expect to get that seriously from someone at some point. If Warren weren't running, I'd probably be fully for Sanders at this point.

LingcodKilla posted:

Old man sanders is old old old.

He old.

Duckworth better run. Her drat husband better step up and take the baby of her hands for the good of the country.

The interview he gave CBS today when he announced he was running was pretty good in that when they asked him about his age, he didn't have an entirely poo poo answer. Still, he's oldddddd.

Also,
https://twitter.com/Lis_Smith/status/1098031322348617729

:getin:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I don't see Harris beating Trump while millions of white people in the Midwest somehow don't see the connection between his tariffs and their unemployment checks.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

psydude posted:

I don't see Harris beating Trump while millions of white people in the Midwest somehow don't see the connection between his tariffs and their unemployment checks.

Yeah, my dad, who has gone Stockholm about the Republican party since it started to go full-on scorched earth, sure as gently caress doesn't, and he's supposed to be a smarty-pants business major*. It's loving depressing.

On the upside, he hates Trump, but still feebly pulls out the 'but not all his economic policies are bad' line, so, that's where we are. Midwest.txt

EDIT: *I hear laughter and I will not begrudge you this.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Cool, maybe we can see those reluctant Trump voters get swayed this time instead of mobilizing new voters who would be in favor of further left and in turn literally impossible policies

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
i look forward fo trump 2020 and, shortly after, eternal nuclear winter

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

anti-semitism

Got help me I snort laughed at this I lol’d so hard.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I know it's super early still, but do any of the declared candidates have any plan for climate change?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Vasudus posted:

Harris will probably get the nomination

Me in this thread: well, obviously this could be wishful thinking on my part, but I don't think she exactly has a royal road to the nomination, we'll see, of course after the primary's we'll all lift together.

Me in every other thread:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bengy81 posted:

I know it's super early still, but do any of the declared candidates have any plan for climate change?

I think "green new deal" is as detailed as any of them have gotten. Which, mind, isn't awful or anything this early and we're hosed pretty bad unless they figure a way to pull billions of tons of CO2 from the atmosphere way faster than trees can, but slowing carbon output along multiple fronts is an all right start. At the very least it shrinks the required mitigation needed once we figure out how to yank those billions of tons of CO2 out of the atmosphere.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
tfw the world's scientists and engineers pool all their combined resources together to come up with the most effective carbon capture plan: plant a whole lotta fuckin trees

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Eej posted:

tfw the world's scientists and engineers pool all their combined resources together to come up with the most effective carbon capture plan: plant a whole lotta fuckin trees

gonna have to be faster

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Doc Hawkins posted:

Me in this thread: well, obviously this could be wishful thinking on my part, but I don't think she exactly has a royal road to the nomination, we'll see, of course after the primary's we'll all lift together.

Me in every other thread:

I dunno if anyone mentioned it but Klobuchar had a town hall or something last night in New Hampshire and she pretty much torpedoed her campaign by coming out the gates with strong stances on doing nothing

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

que sera sera
what ever will be wil be
the future's not our's to see
que sera sera

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I dunno if anyone mentioned it but Klobuchar had a town hall or something last night in New Hampshire and she pretty much torpedoed her campaign by coming out the gates with strong stances on doing nothing

So basically this?

https://twitter.com/The_Law_Boy/status/1097894366943866888

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

yep

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/18/politics/klobuchar-pragmatic-approach/index.html

Go hog wild. Highlights include Medicare For All, "It could be a possibility in the future. I'm just looking for something that will work now."

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1098056727382183936

Says the teenager at a March for Life rally, with no trace of irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

glad to see she's being transparent and releasing her communications with staffers

Also, on "can we plant enough trees?"

https://www.theguardian.com/sustain...our-co2-problem

Needs three Indias worth of productive land reforested. The arbor day foundation loves giving out seedlings btw.

E: looks like they don't give them out any more but you can get a bulk lot of 50 (you pick which 50) for the nice price of $69.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 20, 2019